Atheists, do you wish their was a God ???

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by HighFoSho, Jan 12, 2014.

So this means you agree that the Bible was in no way inspired or written by or through God?  You can't blame problems of inequality on the actions of man and claim that God inspired or wrote the Bible through man, since the Bible specifically sets up such inequality.

2. #42 greenterror, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    The bible is not the word of god.  People in it may have spoke the word of god, but the bible has been translated and manipulated throughout time by man .

Take it from an exatheist.  I could not believe in god because I could not fathom what it was.

God seems so complicated at first, but is really quite simple.  God is consciousness.  We live on earth to experience division from god as to experience life from a foreign perspective.  When you die, your ego is gone and you become god once again.  When you are free of negativity, whatever you imagine may happen.

Ahhh, what a sweet little story :) Sounds like you finally figured out what God is...... Or, as I mentioned before, maybe you have created "your own, personal, jesus".

So does it matter what the other 7+ billion think ? .....or should I just ignore all of them, to jump on your wagon ? 

4. #44 greenterror, Jan 16, 2014
    Why should it matter what other people think?  Beliefs should be based off what you understand or experienced.

Though my perception is not differing from other religions, it's merely a less personified concept of how the universe functions.

I contemplated death as a kid and it scared the shit out of me, but I have came to realize, non existence does not exist.

You don't say??? :laughing:

6. #46 lazytoker, Jan 16, 2014

I don't understand how if you say god is consciousness, that this life on earth is a division from god. Are you not conscious right now?

7. We have both an ego and soul on earth as to enable us to feel both peace, fear and doubt and experience life with no memory of before you started your journey.

Ego being negative side, soul being positive.

8. I personally do not wish for a God.

9. I wish I could learn his secret herbs and humans recipe...make my own damn planet

10. The only thing i expect is Humanity will agree on evolving further and overcome our weakness's .God , i never cared and will never care for him :)

11. IF an ultimate exists, then God exists. If you are incapable of separating what is ultimate from what is not, then you have a false perception of god, no matter where you got it from. God exists as a label, it can't not exist.

Too bad this thread wasn't title "Theists, give a brief and shitty explanation as to why you think God exists...", you might have some relevance if it was..

13. I wish Santa still existed like when I was a 5yo....but, alas, I grew up....

14. Fuck no.

The religious are already annoying enough
    without being right.
    Why would I wan't to validate their delusion?

15. #55 Timesplasher, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    No not based on the current selection. Looks like a non event really :) considering all the effort god made to try his hand at creating everything other than himself :)

Yeh Thanks god for that game of scrabble you left us to play with. Im sure if you created a Face Book account you would have many more well wishes :)

What more do you want from us? 

16. not at all. and if we're talking about the biblical god of any major religion then i hope to fuck im right and they dont exist :laughing:

Any major religion?

18. #58 Jingo Dookstain, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    I wish there was a God who wouldn't let wars happen in His name.  :hide:

19. "God is an imaginary friend from grown-ups."   ~ Walter Crewes (The Big Bounce)

Didn't need imaginary friends when I was a kid, why start now?

It seems the overwhelming verdict for OP's question is "NO"

20. you kinda have to be delusional to think we were going to seriously answer YES