Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are vaporizer pens worth it?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Repulsion, Jan 12, 2014.

1. So my friend was talking about getting a vaporizer pen, she already ordered it and everything and well this coming from someone who pretty much just discovered vape pens, it looks pretty convenient and ideal for me. I've got school to go to, and a lot of times the goddamn wind is in the way and I don't have a windproof lighter. Smoking inside my house is out of the question, you guessed it, I live with my folks currently.

However, this is why vape pens seem so convenient. I know they aren't completely odorless but I hear they primarily are, you don't have to light em either. You could say "just use a sploof" well there's still the lighter problem, and I highly doubt sploof's alone get rid of any possible scent there may be without any further use of say, a bathroom fan or something like that. As you all know, these pens aren't cheap. I mean I found a couple affordable ones, but I'll be pretty pissy if I have to pay as hefty of a sum as most of these things are and it combusts or otherwise just isn't worth it. I hear in order for it not to combust you've gotta get a screen, I guess I'll be willing to do so for my herb's sake.

My biggest thing is discretion. I want to be able to toke at home or even at school without being caught.Even public outdoor places. So this being said, what do you all think? Should I invest in one of these myself? Or would i be wasting money? What's my best bet for discretion if not these pens?

2. I just bought my first and am waiting for it to show up but I do have friends who use them and I've used them before as well.. they're fairly discreet and they can also get you really high off of very little weed, so I'd say it's definitely worth the investment!

3. #3 GiveMeYourBud, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014

Hey Repulsion, welcome to the forums!

I've never had a vapor pen or used one. But I'd go on Youtube and look at reviews as I'm sure there are a few on there at least. The internet is your friend ^_^

Edit: Just looked it up & there is a lot of reviews and info on there. Check em out.

4. Really? Thanks for the input! How much did you pay for yours?

5. Thanks! I've actually been checking out reviews all day, and I'm still not entirely sure, just figured I'd get some feedback from peeps in the forums here

6. Ohh good shit then haha. At least you're researching first and not just wasting your money  :hello:

But if you have pieces already like bongs and pipes and shit why not try it out and add one to the collection. I've watched a few videos they look cool and people seem to like them. Come back and tell me how it is if you do buy it :D!

7. there good if your on the go. but they dont last long.... at all. i have a gpen kit which was only used when i was out at a party or driving. so there good for that. but they still dont work nearly as good as a pipe or a rig. and you have to change parts all the time. but yea there good dpending on which you get. but there not reliable

8. I got that Atmos Raw for Christmas. I love it for wax& hash, the chamber is a decent size to keep wax or pressed hash goin for a night out on town. 

Herb chambers for weed dont last long enough to take in the car if your the driver, Wax is fine but smoking wax and driving can get risky.
    I make my own glycerin tincture for the vapor. I took a ounce of weed and some glycerin and steeped it. I can take that to work and blaze but its not smart so I don't do it anymore only because I lose focus & im a line cook. 

If you make your own wax; vape pens are essential because you can smoke endless amount of wax anywhere anytime. The battery last longer than a cell phone and all you need to carry around is a poker and more thc to load in whatever chamber you brought with you. 

For weed I dont like them because Its not practical. It gets clogged quick and you have to clean them alot. I just bought an Arizer solo for weed because the Atmos wasn't cutting it. Scissor hash is my favorite in the pen. One ball of that hash will last 2 days especially if you pack more wax on top of it. I feel that the dirtier your pen gets with wax the better because it keeps the vapor coming all day, I don't clean it much when I just smoke wax. I can see it getting expensive if you don't make your own products.

9. #9 vsengaged, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    I'd definitely say it's worth the investment. Something like the Cloud Pen, where you can put the dabs on the coil that heats up. You don't need to buy cartidges or anything like that, they're extremely discreet, and really no smell. One of my closest friends has one and he brings it everywhere. All you gotta do it charge it. I'm thinking about buying one when I go back to school.

10. I paid 60$ for mine! I feel like that's not a bad price for it.