Anybody think that world legalization will come some day?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xCeeTee, Jan 11, 2014.

1. [quote name="xCeeTee" post="19321785" timestamp="1389472900"]Call me a little crazy, and an optimist but does anybody else see a majorly green horizon? With Colorado's success, Alaska and Washington are both thinking about doing the same, and with Uruguay... Marijuana legalization is all changing now. I think in the next 15-20 years the whole US will have legalized pot, and in that time the UK, Canada, many other European and American countries will have legalized it, rendering out a lot of drug cartel's money out which will stop a lot of small ones from building up big, fast. So Mexico, Columbia, Brazil and more will still have cartels selling harder drugs, but it'll still take out a lot of their income. But, you have to bare in mind the Muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia, if I'm not mistaken Muslims are not allowed to be under the influence of any drug, but Mary Jane will most likely be the new tobacco/alcohol.[/quote]In 200 years maybe. People in asia get killed for marijuana and im talking about from their governmentSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. i personally don't think  pharma, alcohol, tobacco mafia will let this happen on a global scale as they have strong ties and connections within the governments. The governments are always after what makes money and beneficial for them.

Ummm Washington was first but fucked up on how to screw the consumer with taxes in the retail market. We still don't have rec stores.

Im just going to grow the fuck out of the weed. Its legal so im going to grow it.

4. i can only imagine it happening on global scale only and only if marijuana legalization would profit the governments more than alcohol and tobacco do. At the end of the day money talks and its not like governments care about people

Yeah crazy business. I read a story a while back about people getting HUNG in Malaysia over cannabis possession! HUNG!

I do love the optimism though. I can see the US going nationally-legalized before long but the entire globe? I will keep my fingers crossed for you Malaysian bros!

6. I beleive too many corporations have too much too lose. I do hope we make some progress from our current state. So many failed attempts.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Some day......yes. 

Just last night I was reading that at the urging of Latin American countries the regular 10 year review of the United Nations drug policy was moved up 3 years and will now be reviewed in 2016.  A lot of Latin American countries seem to be interested in decriminalizing and legalizing marijuana.

The big reason a lot of countries haven't legalized it have to do with trade agreements and such.

I'm in my 20s so I would at least hope if I live to see 80 or so, it will be legal in most if not all countries.

8. When pharma is in control of cannabis, they won't be growing it indoors. There needs to be huge outdoor plots, and where better than S. America? The "leaders" down there are seeing dollar signs, and yes, that is all about "trade agreements" (a.k.a market manipulations) once again.

9. I can sense a lot of states and countries legalize weed in the next 10-15 years...The day will sure come. 

10. soon most the us will be legalized

11. The liberals are going to legalize weed in Canada once we get this fag harper da fuk out.

12. Yes. The first day there is world peace. Ain't going to happen.

13. The only reason it was made illegal was lies, as time goes on and people realize that is what they were, more countries will legalize.  One day you won't even give lighting up a second thought... I can't wait for that day

14. Never underestimate inertia...

And the protection of vested interests.

15. #35 cooldgamer, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    That can only go on for so long... history has shown us that bullshit doesn't last forever, even if it goes on for a few hundred years (the question was someday, not soon).

16. We are talking about worlwide legalization here.

In some parts of the world a woman can still be considered as a tradeable good, and last time I checked my calendar indicated 2014...

Everything is possible in the long run, but I wouldn't count on it during our lifetime.

17. You do realize there have been predatory powers for hundreds of years which have used various prohibitions to squash people and their indigenous ways of life, right? There were all manner of people whose religions and ways of life incorporated various intoxicants, and to create adhesion to "Christianity" those ways of life and traditions were stripped to serve the "proper God." There was no using intoxicants to worship your God of your choosing. Prohibition dates waaaaay back in many forms.