AWs No Till Water Only Organic Pot Growing Thread Humboldt Seeds Amherst Sour Diesel

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by AugustWest, Jan 11, 2014.

1. snowing pretty good here too..
    don't think they predicted a storm.. but we got one lol.

looks like maybe 6+ inches overnight and it's still coming down pretty good.

Sun is out here...:p

3. #9483 AugustWest, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015

it doesn't count when it's 10 degrees out :p

it was sunny here yesterday.. but like 12 degrees. may as well have been raining or snowing..

It's 14f...:poke:

I'll take the sun, even if it's cold...

The hottest summer day will never be as bright and cheerful as a sunny winter's day with the sun reflecting off a fresh blanket of snow...love those days...:D

5. Hmmm perhaps I vastly underestimate how low of a humidity yall have up there. I think I'll dip outta the humidity conversation. :bolt:

It's been sunny and 75 here every day this week. It was over 80 on Wednesday, I think maybe 82-83.. I had to turn the air conditioner on in the veg rooms. :p

6. AW when we get to this time of the year with the low rh and all ... I have to use a speed adjuster on my exaust fan ... seems to put way less stress on the humidifier

7. Fuckin A on returning it dude - I hate settling on poor quality anything - right down to toilet paper.

J

8. Mornin' AW and Friends!
    \nWhat's Shakin'?
    \nI finally split my short Box into two chambers.  The small side for mothers, and the larger side for Vegging.  I'm gonna have a shelf in the "Mother" side.  I'll be able to fit two levels with t-5's.  2 feet is just enough to house a semi-dormant, bonsaied Mothers.  Mothers that need to produce clones will be placed into the larger side to Veg out.  Should be good, =) 
    \nNow all I need to build is a "Pollen Box".  It's gonna be roughly 3 ft x 2 ft. x 3 ft. LxWxH.  Enough to hold 3 or so plants.  I will be purchasing a 4" inline fan as I will need seperate ventilation.  I won't have this done for a month or two.  I mean I'll have the box built real soon, but won't have the money for an inline fan for a bit.
    \n As we all know, Shit adds up fast!    :eek:
    \nTerrible pics, but you get the idea
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Here is ther first look at the "Bottom feed/Pouch holders"  The one with the sides is 20" sq.(7 gallon root pouches) and the edges are 1.75" high(1/2 of a 2x4).  The smaller ones are 15"(4 gallon root pouches).  The Edges will be fastened on and then poly-plastic will line the bottom/edges so I can fill it with lava rocks/perilite and pour water into.
    [​IMG]

WHat do you think?

Have a great Friday!

PlaidBee

PlaidBee's Indoor/OrganicThread

9. Every time I see you guys posting pictures of your built rooms I always scream

I NEED A FUCKING HOUSE

renting... for the birds...

Looks nasty man!

@AugustWest

GiMiK was screwing with foggers as well a while ago, he might be worth checking in with.

yeah dude..
    way different up here man.. that room was 17.5% last night lol.. so putting in a tiny humidifier may bring it up to 20 if i fill the tank 30 times a day.
    Hoping to find something reasonable that'll keep me in the mid 30's..
    i always struggle with that in the winter..

spring, summer and fall my room is tits... but from december through march it's a struggle with the low RH.

hey man.. what are you running for a humidifier?
    also what are your weekend plans?

yeah dude... took it out of the box. Pulled the top off and saw the super thin plastic and those filters look like they'd dissolve in the water they are so thin.
    Really want one of those foggers bad.. but if i do that then i can't run the 3rd light, and i'd rather run in low RH like i have been forever than skimp on the lighting.

Gonna run over to sears later and see what they have..

very nice dude!
    always cool doing new things in the room..

and yeah adds up super fast lol..
    after i buy this ballast i'll be in for about a thousand bucks in improvements. That's almost one plant worth of weed.. :eek: :p

11. #9491 PlaidBeeSmokin', Jan 30, 2015

Hey Ironhead, how things?

I was reading about these things the other day and I read one article that mentioned that the ultrasonic humidifiers carry an increased risk for bacteria due to the fact that the water is not boiled.  The idea was that boiling water to humidify kills pathogens etc.  I don't know if this true, but that's the idea.  
    It certainly makes sense.  Among the most important things you need to control in your indoor garden is humidity.  Especially if your raising the Rh with a humidifier.  
    This all is common knowlegde of course.  I was just wondering if you've had any problems with your ultrasonic unit?
    I ask because I am in the market for a humidifier.  I keep thing pretty clean anyways.  I could see myself cleaning my humidifier every week or so, regardless of the type of unit I choose.

Anyways, what do you think man?

Plaid

That sucks man.  Was that an "Evaporative" Humidifier then?

Plaid

12. Howdy Plaid.

I run my humidifiers in my veg and drying rooms only.. not in flower. I've never noticed any negative effects.. but I guess I should stay on top of cleaning my unit more often. I've seen that they have lil tablets to drop in the reservoir to keep them bacteria free... thats not a bad idea for me to do.. I think I'll pick some up when I'm at at Target next. Thanks!

13. Didn't I read somewhere that people are using foggers to apply been oil?

That would be pretty slick outside haha

cool man.. i'll shoot him a PM and see what he's running. It's all about the amps for me at this point..

they make things you can add to the water to keep the nastys out.. But if you're running a lot of water through and are dilligent about filter changes, you should have any issues.

i have to add thios stuff to mine that keeps the calcium from building up in there.. the well water here is pretty thick.

yeah i think CW puts neem, protekt and all sorts of shit in his,.

15. Not to sure Sunday I'm getting together with some family... my parents got divorced 7 years ago after 29 years and my dad just kinda went into hibernation and hasn't made contact with any of the family besides me and my brother since ...

Last week I had enough of it and brought my cuz over to watch the pats game ... my old man was so happy to see him it made me feel good ...

Sunday for superbowl my cuz n 2 of my uncles are going to my old man's so I'm really looking forward to it !

Sorry for the rant !

Saturday I think I'm free

What about you ?

16. O yea the humidifier lol

I run a 1.5 gallon cool mist and warm mist setting built in thermostat claims a 60 hr run time but it's probably more like 30 at the setting I need to keep the room where I'd like ...

I think it's from home medics ... I'll try to post a link I got it from bed bath and beyond

17. #9498 PlaidBeeSmokin', Jan 30, 2015

Hey Ironhead.

That's great that they have tablets and stuff to help with mildew/mould issues.  I'm also really happy that we were both able to learn something from the interaction as well.=)  
           Also, Like you said I'm looking for a humidifier for the Vegetative side of things only.  My flower box runs between 30%-45% Rh.  

Take care Ironhead

Plaid

That's really useful information for me as I am using well water also.  I Love not having to worry about Chlorine!=)

TAke it easy A-dub!

Plaid

BTW,
    <div style="margin:0px;">Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, 

Just a quick post to show off my first Induvidual Root Pouch Bottom Feeding Tray!

It's 20" x 20" and has a 1.6 inch riser to hold either perilite or lava rocks.  It's also lined with poly-plastic.  I will be adding something resembleing a tomato cage for LST.  The ring will be at roughly soil level, and few inches larger than the root pouch that it surrounds.  
    <div style="margin:0px;">[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I'm gonna finish 2 or 3 of the 15" trays and give them a try.

Thoughts?

PlaidBee

</div></div> 

18. Cool idea Plaid. Will they be deep enough? Seems like for the small cost, a full 2x4 would make it a no brainer and could hold much more water, but just a thought. Hth

Yeah, That's kinda my concern as well.  I'm not gonna build any more large ones until I try this one.  That depth should be enough for the 4 gallon pouches though(labeled 5 gallon).  

I thought I'd go with halfers since, believe it or not, that tray can hold 2 gallons or water with a mm or so to spare, lol

Now the perilite/lava rocks will displace some of that, but even when full of either one, it should still be able to hold a gallon or so.  And I don't think I've ever given an Organic plant/pot under 7 gallons, over a gallon of water as one time.  Especially when they're not completely dry as standard with organic soils.  

What do you think?

In either case, we shall see.  :confused_2:

Thanks,
    Plaid