AWs No Till Water Only Organic Pot Growing Thread Humboldt Seeds Amherst Sour Diesel

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by AugustWest, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Mornin buddy. Man those leaves disappeared quickly lol. Glad you can see your garden, though!

I bet 5-7G is just about right for the LG's. Thinking I may try one of those next round. Lifted on a milk crate or something lol. This wicking thing is too damn weird.

2. #11162 AugustWest, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015

yeah i'm wishing i put one in the 5 gallon pots just to see how it does

did some bubblin' last night..

comfrey tea and kelp meal still bubbling away.. gonna add some aloe and coconut powder and hit everything hard in there today.

hey dude.. did you ever confirm that those were thrips and not mites on your girls?
    not wishing any pests on you, but i hope it's thrips lol..

3. Yeah I guess there is no going back on the 20's now :eek: I have 4x 15 gallon fabric pots waiting to be used and I am debating if I want to run those or just 5's n 7's. Seems like I always underwater the bigger pots :confused_2:

Sounds nice man :) been debating an SST or malted tea lately. Everything is cruisin along nicely with plain water so far. Haven't made a tea since I flipped the plants. Just oh so tempting lol.

I haven't seen any bugs yet :confused_2: i'"e got 0 exp with either of them. Gonna just pretend it is mites. Hit em all with double strength spinosad again this morning. Everyone still looks green n healthy. Haven't seen any mo damage on GFBA. The goat has a little damage here and there, but nothing real serious looking. Just trying to stay on top of it no.matter what it may be :unsure:

if you have a loupe you can look at the unerside of the damaged leaf.. little white dudes crawling around is probably thrips.

of get a white piece of paper.. and flick the leaf on to it and see if you have any little black specks crawling around.. that would be mites.

either way, good luck. seems like you're on top of it.

and dude..

can't find my notes.

2.5 teaspoons of 200x aloe powder sound about right for 10 gallons of water?

5. Cool man I will grab a loupe from the grow shop. I think they have those there.

I would think.I could see mites with the naked eye, right?

1/4 teaspoon mixed with 3/4 cups of water will make pure aloe vera juice, so that is enough for 3 gallons at 1/4 cup per gallon. 3/4 tsp for 9 gallons or double that for 1/2 cup per gallon.

2 tsp per 10 gallons should be good. :)

6. With mites you can see them with your eyes if you look pretty close, you can also see the eggs on the underside of the leaf. I have no xp with thrips.

I've got aloe in my notes as 1/2 tsp for 5 gallons, I think my math came from the same place as tj. But I just have a piece of paper with concentrations and formulas written down with no context. The 1/2tsp per 5gal concentration has been serving me pretty well.

7. #11167 Chunk, Mar 28, 2015

I still have to top water once a week or so to keep it *primed* but I think the #7's are about the max for a single LG. Since I try to alternate between an MGT and a kelp-alfalfa tea once a week, it works out well. It amazes me how much they drink on their own.

Mornin' AWâ„¢ and the baddest assed crew on the interwebs[​IMG]<span> </span>

8. Nature will always amaze me. Its like a magic show, so many leaves and then you look again and you have to think if you ever even had a pile going...

Bet that is going to turn some badass veggies!

mornin dude :)

sounds kind of like the situation with 2 of them in a #20, but maybe not as bad on your end.
    Gonna try one in a 5 for the hell of it next time i run one..

yeahg crazy for sure dude..

did the same thing last year, but not as many leaves and it worked great!
    I think once i get some alfalfa on there and spread it all out evenly, it'll be nice and ready to go by mid may planting.

10. #11170 AugustWest, Mar 28, 2015
    so i mixed up a little concoction... and fed everything except the moms (cause i don't wan them growing lol)

10 gal water..
    1 gal fermented comfrey leaf, neem, chicken manure tea
    2 handfuls of kelp meal

2TBS freeze dried coconut powder
    2tsp aloe powder
    50ml FUL Power
    2 TBS pro-tekt

bubbled up the kelp, water and tea for like 14 hours with a airpump and 2 stones, and a powerhead with an air hose attached. I remove the filter thing from the bottom of the powehead, so it just sucks the kelp in and spits it back out.. probably grinds it up a little too.

then stirred in the other stuff and fed them all..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

moved the mulch over and layed all the chunks of kelp in the pots.. then covered it back up.

[​IMG]

pond liner ftw...

[​IMG]

11. Lol, those kelp dregs look exactly the same as what mine do. I've got a kelp tea steeping right now that I started last night and I'm going to hit all my comfrey plants with it. Luckily I have a lot of different plants to try to improve so I can satisfy that urge to make some type of tea on something other than my cannabis.

Can't wait to see your plant responses!

12. #11172 Chunk, Mar 28, 2015

He said chunks

[​IMG]

13. #11173 AugustWest, Mar 28, 2015

worms like chunks..

i feel like i'm doing what i can to keep that worm population in there happy.

I have to assume if that's the case, then my plants will follow suit.

14. i couldn't take it anymore.. so i went up and raised that DE hood.

it's about 20" from the top now.. and the bulb is set back around 6"
    so that's better than the 14" it was at before..
    i was dwelling on that hard.. nothing worse than those dried up leaves in the top buds.. fucking hate that shit.

[​IMG]

15. Lookin good Dubya! What's your thoughts on the Double Ender so far?

Havin a good Saturday? We have explored every nook and cranny of our backyard this morning. :D

16. mornin my dude!

liking it a lot so far man.. and the fact that i can keep it within 20-24" is a big deal to me. The ones w/o the hods and the attached ballasts need to be hung much further.

but yeah, it's bright as fuck, and it penetrates pretty deep down that canopy. I can see light on the soil so that's good lol..

my saturday is done.. got that room work finished, gonna grab a little lunch and go for the epic take the phone off the hook nap.

always a pleasure my fren..

17. If you hit thrips with spinosad its the best thing for them. They have no defense against the bacterial derivative.

I brewed it once with molasses and covered my plants with a top layer of perlite, then did a spinosad root drench. The pink "bacterial extract" became a sort of foam. Within a few days the pink foam grew over the entire surface of the perlite and made this thick substance.

All the bugs in that plant were wiped out. Even a housefly died within an hour of landing on it. No idea how or why this happened, but i documented it in my journal.

Thrips leave what looks like this shiny substance on leaves. Look closer and its actually your leaf becoming a hole, almost like leaf miners. They are unmistakable.

HTH
    ~ poke
    Edit :i must mentioned when i brewed the spinosad i mixed it with molasses and BT (gnatrol -37% bt)
    P.s. the plant is non cannabis and it has never been healthier since the drench

18. Whoa AW! Nice tea man. That should produce a noticeable boost in a few days. Chicken shit FTW!
    FWIW I have 1/4 tsp per gal on aloe powder. I aerate everything lol.
    Nice leaf pile! That's what I use too, and for mulch. Nothing better for sure. I top dressed with neem, EWC and kelp last year. I'll be doing that again. Makes it easy. Same thing inside and out pretty much.
    Do you have trouble with deer? Haha! I found that one raw egg blended into one gallon of water and sprayed onto any plant will keep deer from eating it. They hate it. Gotta reapply after a rain of course. Works 100% for us so far for five years. They were destroying the wife's hostas no matter what we tried before. Now she has over 100.
    I saw the fence and just figured...
    Enjoy the nap bro!