Grow Closet Help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CatManMoo, Jan 10, 2014.

1. @[member="neonrio"] Not only have you save me lots of headache you also saved me some $$!  And that is a beautiful thing.  I have a long weekend project ahead of me including a visit to the local hydro shop to price things against what I am seeing online.  Thank you.

2. Black and white poly or panda film (same stuff) is what I wish I would of bought before I wasted my money on Mylar. The Mylar is crinkly and flappy and hard to get it to do what u want it to it does not block light and only has 1 use reflect light. Panda film on the the other hand totally blocks light and is white on 1 side to reflect light. U could even use it to make a door with a tarp zipper I've done this u can also check it out on utube. People make whole grow rooms with this stuff I the corners of there basements. If u wanted to just attach it to your doors to block light. Check it out. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. @[member="sticky thumb"] I have heard of the poly/panda film and will definitely check it out.  Thank you!

4. #24 GOLDENBOY, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    [quote name="CatManMoo" post="19317005" timestamp="1389398790"]@[member="sticky thumb"] I have heard of the poly/panda film and will definitely check it out. Thank you![/quote]I never worked with either so listen to that guy. I have seen mylar and it does look weak I guess you could say. But if your going in a grow shop you can look at it before you buy it. He said to make a zipper and that is a really good idea.. I was going to say Velcro with one sided stickie. If you get outdoor Velcro and heat it with a hot air hair gun that shit sticks. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Also id look into a 600 watt light. You get your best bang for your buck with 600 hps. And youd only pay a little bit more for it. But if you split your room in two then id run 2 400s Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. @[member="neonrio"] I was wondering about running a 600w.   :yummy:   Do you think that this will be too much?  (2'3"x4'10"x7'3")

7. No thats would be perfect for that size room (Depending on who you ask)

Special KAY

8. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions!  I am going to use Panda film with a front zipper to cover the area and a 400w.  I will update with some pics once I get started.

Peace

9. #29 CatManMoo, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    Here is a little update on the progress of the closet.  I got some Orca Film and tarp zipper to make the door when everything is all ready.

For the walls I applied 2 coats of Kilz Complete bought from Depot and closed off the closet with a 6" Lip in the doorway using wood and screws. Then I made a lining for the closet. 

How I made my rubber closet lining/pool:
    \n-Cut the lining 7" larger than the closet dimensions on each side. (7" was how high I wanted it to go up the wall)
    -Placed lining inside closet.
    -Placed extra strong outdoor double sided tape on the wall side of the rubber lining in the part that I was working on, then attached it to the wall, making sure to make a good seal.
    -Folded lining to make "hospital corners". Here is a link that helped me make the corners
    -Attached lining to front door board by folding lining over the lip and stapling.

Now I am going to purchase a 400w system.  I decided to go more budget route so here is what I am looking at.  http://www.amazon.com/Yield-Lab-400w-Reflector-Light/dp/B00FICG32E/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1389736903&sr=8-48&keywords=400w+mh%2Fhps+kit 

Thoughts on this Yield Lab set up?  I will be using money saved on Hortilux bulbs and ventilation.  Plus I have a $20 amazon credit.

Peace

Attached Files: