Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance and edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jamesnb, Jan 9, 2014.

1. I've been having a special cookie most every evening for the past four months to help with my insomnia. The current dosage is 0.4 grams of bud per cookie. I make coconut oil with the bud then make cookies with the oil so the dose should be pretty uniform.
    I usually get a pretty good buzz if I eat a whole cookie so a lot of evenings I just have half a cookie. Starting about a month ago, sometimes, I wouldn't get a buzz at all. The past few nights I haven't felt much of anything and I'm starting to have trouble falling asleep again.
    Does anybody who uses edibles on a regular basis experience this? The most obvious answer seems to be I'm building up tolerance. Would it happen that fast? If it is increased tolerance, I can up the dose or take a tolerance break. If I take a break, how long should the break be?
    I've had insomnia since I was a kid and I've tried everything. Ambien worked great for about 10 years then it quit working. The cookies had been working really well and I had been sleeping really well. I don't want to push the dosage too high because I don't want to be in a fog in the morning. I need to be really clear-headed for my job. I was hoping the pot would work for a few years then if I needed to, I could try Ambien again. Any thoughts?

2. I know it's different for everyone due to lots of variables, but I just took a little over a week off after about a year of daily use, and when I came back I ate what would normally be a fairly mellow dose, and it kicked my ass. Tolerance is still lower than before, so I'd say a little time off couldn't hurt.

I'd also recommend switching up strains if you're not doing so already. I find that using the same strain after a while seems to build a tolerance to that strain, but another strain or batch will feel more potent.

Good luck.

3. Thanks. I'll try a different strain and see how that works.