Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

OK, 50 Year old first timer heading to Denver....

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MissouriGuy, Jan 9, 2014.

1. OK, me and 3 friends are heading to Denver to get high for the first time. We are clueless. I have been reading a lot but have questions I hope some patient expert can help. We have a hotel outside of town that allows smoking pot. 

Sounds like they might be out of pot when we get there next week but we will assume they are not. 

None of us have ever smoked anything (cigs, etc) so we are not sure how hard it will be to do a joint. We are thinking about edibles, but people say that is a bad deal because it is hard to control the high. And say it is bad for the first time. 

We don't want to buy a vaporizer. Too expensive for a single trip. So smoking is the only option we have. 

So hope you can give us some suggestions. We are there 2 nights. I know each of us can buy a 1/4 ounce. So tat should last two days?

- I hear you don't get high the first few times. So if we only have two nights will that mean we might be wasting our time? That would suck. 

- Any tips for smoking for the first time? Joints? Buy a pipe? Etc?

- Edibles an option? Any suggestions?

- Any store in Denver better than another for us to go to? Suggestions?

- Any type of pot better than another?

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

2. A quarter ounce is going to last you a hell of a lot longer than 2 days. I would recommend grabbing a very basic pipe. If you can find a bubbler (a pipe with a small water chamber), it will be better, especially as you haven't smoked anything before. Grind up the weed beforehand and keep packing bowls until you simply cannot anymore.

When you get to the dispensary, don't be afraid to ask the guys behind the counter or even the people ahead of you in line what strains they prefer. Stoners enjoy helping fellow stoners out.

3. #3 cball, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    maybe you could get a local to show you how to make an apple pipe and do one hit bowls (bag of apples = cheap, and when done, and you have the munchies later, eat an apple)

^^^ya, if you only have two days then do NOT buy a lot...get a couple grams. If you want more later the store will still be there.

4. Start out slow. Take a couple hits out if the pipe and wait 10 minutes. You don't want to get too high your first time because you might get a little overwhelmed.

5. Any good shop should have somebody who could roll you some joints.

6. #6 rozal, Jan 9, 2014
    Yea honestly you probably won't need more then like 1-2 grams. I would recommend a bong because their hard to mess up on the inhale. Thats what I used my first time. Are you driving? Won't be any issue getting the bong back if you are but if your flying you might not want to try to bring any pieces back. If you roll a joint, especially since you've never smoked anything you might not inhale properly. Also, don't be disappointed if you don't get high your first time, alot of people don't. If you are able to get a bong, the way I did it was 1 hit, waited a few minutes and felt nothing, took another, and within 5 minutes I was baked. Just take it slow and once you start feeling it go with it, remember no one has ever died from cannabis and it's impossible to realistically overdose (you would need something like 10,000 grams in a hour or something, I'm pulling that number out of nowhere but it's something like that). You might feel super out of it but NOTHING bad will happen.

7. #7 iSmokePurps, Jan 9, 2014
    I say take a small hit and wait 10 mins.Repeat until satisfied.After this you'll know exactly how much puts you in your zone. Id roll up some 0.5g joints and you 3 should be good after 1-2. I would buy an eighth or 2 of whatever looks good.Remember, you can always smoke more (and most likely will)

8. You should definitely get some edibles when you are there.

9. #9 lFourTwenty, Jan 9, 2014

From my experiences, smokers who never used a bong are usually intimidated and have no idea how to hit it.

I would recommend a couple joints or maybe even buying a decent vaporizer..smoking can't compare to the taste you get when vaporizing..it's alot less harsh too, not to mention so much healthier because there's no smoke being inhaled.

Edit: Also..if you or one of your friends don't have an enjoyable first high..don't give up on it because many people's first time is like that.

10. Considering you are completely new to smoking, I don't think your throat and/or lungs will enjoy a bong lol. I never smoked a cig or anything like that, but my first high was off a blunt. The first time I ever smoked, I took a couple hits off a pipe and nothing, but you will not need more than a few grams. I would say get a couple joints rolled for you. Light up one (just one) and pass it around so on. My experience, to use a joint you get the smoke to go into your mouth first then inhale. Like take small inhales into just your mouth, then take a deep inhale into your lungs. Just do what feels right and have a good time. Being high your first time is bizarre, but just say fuck it and have a good time with your buddies. A whole group of new stoners oh my god, everyone will be on the couch or floor laughing their asses off. Have fun man, it sounds like a good time to me. 

11. Hit up a shop, explain to them you're situation (first timer ) and they will set up you real nice. You're 50, man! You know how to get around!

12. [quote name="41Venom14" post="19305871" timestamp="1389237619"]Considering you are completely new to smoking, I don't think your throat and/or lungs will enjoy a bong lol. I never smoked a cig or anything like that, but my first high was off a blunt. The first time I ever smoked, I took a couple hits off a pipe and nothing, but you will not need more than a few grams. I would say get a couple joints rolled for you. Light up one (just one) and pass it around so on. My experience, to use a joint you get the smoke to go into your mouth first then inhale. Like take small inhales into just your mouth, then take a deep inhale into your lungs. Just do what feels right and have a good time. Being high your first time is bizarre, but just say fuck it and have a good time with your buddies. A whole group of new stoners oh my god, everyone will be on the couch or floor laughing their asses off. Have fun man, it sounds like a good time to me. [/quote]Yes this. After you hit it, clear your mouth of smoke just breath in again so the smoke rushes down your throat with fresh air.Also don't hold hits more than 2-3 seconds; you're only doing harm

13. [quote name="MissouriGuy" post="19305732" timestamp="1389235823"]OK, me and 3 friends are heading to Denver to get high for the first time. We are clueless. I have been reading a lot but have questions I hope some patient expert can help. We have a hotel outside of town that allows smoking pot. Sounds like they might be out of pot when we get there next week but we will assume they are not. None of us have ever smoked anything (cigs, etc) so we are not sure how hard it will be to do a joint. We are thinking about edibles, but people say that is a bad deal because it is hard to control the high. And say it is bad for the first time. We don't want to buy a vaporizer. Too expensive for a single trip. So smoking is the only option we have. So hope you can give us some suggestions. We are there 2 nights. I know each of us can buy a 1/4 ounce. So tat should last two days?- I hear you don't get high the first few times. So if we only have two nights will that mean we might be wasting our time? That would suck. - Any tips for smoking for the first time? Joints? Buy a pipe? Etc?- Edibles an option? Any suggestions?- Any store in Denver better than another for us to go to? Suggestions?- Any type of pot better than another?Any help would be great. Thanks!![/quote]It honestly depends man are you driving there or are you flyingSent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 Hypoxic, Jan 9, 2014
    Add another vote for going to a shop and grabbing a cheaper glass pipe and a cheap grinder. You could get both for under $30 and have a souvenir. That way you don't have to worry about breaking the bud up, rolling it well enough to enjoy, and you can pack and repack bowls easily.

15. #15 dopeasyola, Jan 9, 2014
    I would probably just start with buying a pre rolled or just a couple of grams with a pipe like everyone else is saying but I can understand not wanting to buy one if your there only for two days. Honestly a quarter is probably too much, I don't think you will go through a quarter in 2 days

16. #16 dopeasyola, Jan 9, 2014
    Oops cant delete posts?

17. I don't shop rec but why don't you just buy a pre roll joint at a store? Probably a tiny bit more expensive but that's all you'll need really. You won't have to worry about rolling it or having to pack it.

18. Yeah I'm sure the rec stores have pre-rolled J's. That may be the easiest and best option for you. 

19. If you haven't smoked anything every before, i'd say a bowl or a a joint would be easiest on your lungs (it will still hurt a bit though!) but honestly man, it aint no super drug, dont expect to be seeing visuals and dancing with flowers. Just keep those eyes glazed and stay happy hungry and horny ;D

20. I really appreciate all the tips. We will get a pipe and some pre-rolled.

We are staying close to steamboat so maybe there is a store there if we run out! :)

Thanks so much everyone! I am really looking forward to it!