Trimming dead leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kanvict, Jan 9, 2014.

1. I had to add a little more soil to my smart pots because I miscalculated so the bottom leaves were very close to the soil and they'd pretty much died of nitrogen toxicity so I cut halfway into the petiole to remove those leaves. Should I be trimming leaves that are pretty much dead and what is the best way to trim just the dead part of the leaf? Check the pic for how I currently trimmed it, should I take off the whole branch or is that fine to just remove the dead parts of the leaf that have curled up? Please advise.

Attached Files:

2. If they are still green they are still collecting light and doing their job. They will not recover but I wouldn't remove unless completely dead

3. [quote name="TheAnswer121" post="19304420" timestamp="1389223215"]If they are still green they are still collecting light and doing their job. They will not recover but I wouldn't remove unless completely dead[/quote]The ones that I already cut off were pretty dead and curled up not collecting light. Are they trimmed properly or should I cut them all the way to the end?

4. They are fine imo. Leave them be until they die off naturally. Check your ph to make sure that's nit the issue, then we can determine the next course of action

5. [quote name="TheAnswer121" post="19304538" timestamp="1389224383"]They are fine imo. Leave them be until they die off naturally. Check your ph to make sure that's nit the issue, then we can determine the next course of action[/quote]Can you recommend a good and reliable pH meter that stays calibrated ... I want to invest since it seems pH problems are the biggest issue I may face during my grows..

6. I still use the drops from my GH control kit. Was gonna get a pen, but needed more ph up so just got another kit. Any hanna or milwaukee instruments pens will do the job