geocaching

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by BlazedCannabis, Jan 8, 2014.

1. My wife and I started geocaching last week. We've found 7 so far. Found one at a fire department under a firefighting helmet. Its a really fun, active adventure. Going geocaching when my wife gets off work this evening.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

• Like Like x 2
  2. When I did a search the other day I got 1083 search results within a 10 mile radius. I'm sure some of them are no longer active but there has to be a plethora around my area. Probably going to hop on my bike a bit later and hit up a couple that are close.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You can put GPS coordinates into a smart phone right? I've always wanted to try it plus I've been looking for more outdoors activities so I'm gonna try it out. :bongin:

4. yes. download the Geocaching app and create an account on Geocaching.com
    you can search for them any distance from your location. i'll be doing it with my smart phone, until i get so serious about it i need a GPS because a cell doesn't always have a signal.

5. My wife and I just started about 2 weeks ago. We've found about 15 so far. Don't have much time to go geocaching. Most of the ones we've found are just logs. Found 1 trackables and a geocoin. Only ones we've been doing are ones in our town. Probably gonna take a rd trip next weekend and that's all we gonna do is geocache

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

6. My friend found one last spring and I found a .5 nug in it :]

7. What if I hide weed? I'm probably gonna track one down tonight. I just signed up I the app site

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. I love geocahcing. I've been geocahcing in California Arizona and Indiana.

9. #49 Deleted member 281310, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    i caught one one time. it was tucked away under a huge rock on a canal road near the my neighborhood. i also walked almost 5 hours just to try to find one and never did. but ended up finding a Buddhist temple which was a seldom find. i never knew we had one around where i lived. good times. i tried getting my friends into it and they tried one time but gave up and so did i eventually. i took some geocaching stamps and left the only thing i had on me which was a pen to sign the log book.

10. My wife and I just started geocaching today :) it's so much fun! I hope we find some pot. We found a cool sailor bracelet charm in one.