X-Men X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'Movies' started by RedEyesHigh420, Jan 7, 2014.

1. #1 RedEyesHigh420, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo
    [​IMG]

"The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class in an epic battle that must change the past - to save our future."

Apparently the Sentinels are the big baddies.

Okay, so I've kept up with the X-Men films all the way up until the recent Wolverine, though some people might say that doesn't count as an x-men movie. Eh. Anyway I've loved every single damn one, from the effects to the actors/actresses and their performances, to the entire plot thus far. All that might be because I haven't read the comics like some of you older heads, I might be a little over appreciative of the cinema. I do know that when I read a book, then watch the movie adapted from it, I have some qualms about additions, things being omitted, etc. But I'm just gonna keep things the way they are and read the comics after they stop releasing films...lol

"[20th Century Fox envisioned the 2011 prequel X-Men: First Class as the first film of a new X-Mentrilogy. Lauren Donner (producer) compared the franchise plans to be similar to the darker, more mature content of the [/size][/font]Harry Potter film series.Early reports had Matthew Vaughn (story writer)and Bryan Singer (director/writer) returning to direct and produce the sequel, respectively. While still attached to the project as a director, Vaughn stated, "first First Class is similar to Batman Begins, where you have the fun of introducing the characters and getting to know them, but that takes time. But with the second one, you can just get on with it and have a rollicking good time. That's the main difference betweenBatman Begins and The Dark Knight." Describing how the next movie could open, Vaughn stated, "I thought it would be fun to open with the (_SPOILER_) assassination , and we reveal that the magic (_SPOILER_)was controlled by (_SPOILER_). "Singer has stated that the film could be set around the civil rights movement or the Vietnam War, and that Wolverine could once again be featured.

So keep in mind that this is a second movie in a trilogy, the last one will be called 'Apocalypse', I believe. That's subject to change of course, like all blockbusters are.

This is one of those trailers that gave me chills. I'm anticipating it wholeheartedly, but at the same time I'd like to know if there are any minor plot points (no extreme spoilers, please!) that happened in the comic-world depiction of 'Days of Future Past' that would be handy to be cognizant of going into the theater.

This can also be a place to discuss predictions based on previous installments, and/or anything x-men film-related.

Other than that, just let me know how're you feeling about it after viewing the trailer.

Eye candy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/mediaindex?ref_=tt_pv_mi_sm

2. mixed feelings about this movie...But i'll probably watch it though

3. Red eyes sounds like you know your stuff very informative on the sequel didn't know that also gives me ideas about apocalypse. Anyways also a big fan you think nightcrawler, sabertooth or gambit might make an appearance but in the future I dont know. Also wondered who the mutants with the painted faces can do.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I just wanna see super powers and shit

5. ^super powers and shit are always awesome.
    I really hope nightcrawler and gambit appear, they're in my top five favorite x men next to wolverine, Phoenix, and rogue. I'm gonna look into the comic version of DOFP and see if I can make a prediction based on that. And I don't really care about sabretooth tbh, seen enough of him already . He's too similar to wolverine, but I guess that's what makes him such a good match. As far as the mutants with the painted faces go, idk yet.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I dont have high hopes for this movie if you read the comics,you'd see how poor these characters have been handled over the years.

7. Cool recognized a few names plus the sentinel in the background of a nixon picture was funny thanks red eyes

Stay lifted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. can't wait. huge x men fan. wolverine might be my favorite superhero/x-men

9. i dont know how you guys could think this wont be good first class was the fucking shit! best of the 4 imo and now that their bringing both casts together i dont see how it could go wrong with the same director  as first class i expect it to be up there with the best of the comic movies

10. No one is saying that except for flash but yea can't wait for it to come out either super excited high hopes

Stay lifted

11. #12 RedEyesHigh420, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    first class blew me the fuck away when I first saw it. 

a tad bit late but new photos, ya'll . http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-images-quicksilver-speed-effect-powers-wolverine-vs-beast-2014/

12. Saw quicksilver in the line up so thats a cool power right there

13. I wonder if any of you guys can fill in the blanks 👉"I thought it would be fun to open with the (_SPOILER_) assassination , and we reveal that the magic (_SPOILER_)was controlled by (_SPOILER_). "

14. #15 RedEyesHigh420, Mar 2, 2014
    Care to elaborate? Pm me if need be to avoid too many spoilers.

15. #16 RedEyesHigh420, Mar 2, 2014
    [Deleted]

16. Cyclops dying, Wolverine being the leader of every X-men film from then on, not enough screen time for other X-Men.Under used characters.In the comic days of future past half the people in the movie arent in the comic but thats due too singer trying to fix X-Men last stand. Not to mention Rogue is useless as fuck in the movies she doesnt even have her correct powers.Thats pretty much all I can think of right now

17. An I mistaken or do I remember reading a few x-men graphic novels I got from the library ( the collections of volumes of the comics ) where wolverine was the leader, and i inferred that Cyclops had died, since i jumped in in the middle of the series? as far as rogue, If you watch the trailer breakdown there's hinting that she gets her powers back. She's wearing gloves. Still unsure b/c of the whole time travel concept . True enough about the screen time, though. I liked gambit in origins, hope he returns somehow.

18. Rogue has been taken out this movie.In the current comics Cyclops has always been the leader

19. Ah ok. My mistake. And shit, I wonder what She's doing in the trailer...