Ago G5 Vape Pen Review (Dry Herb)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MacGyverGirl, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Hey guys! It's MacGyverGirl here with a bit of a review.

I recently bought the Ago G5 Vape Pen (though I got it from ebay so I'm not sure if it's the original model or updated) in green off eBay. (I named it Evan :3 ) I didn't have much expectations from it at first, because I'd read all the reviews saying it combusts instead. But hey, it was a total of $25 so it wasn't a big deal to buy.

After a lot of reading, I found it mainly tends to combust because a screen isn't use thus total contact with the heating coil, and of course you can expect it to combust instead of vape with that!
    So I got it, and of course it's the one time I'm out of screens. This is one part where my MacGyver side kicks in. House is out of aluminim foil, sink screens used, and no ear bud in sight. What do we do? Why, we peel the foil off a Gas-X foil pack and get to work.

After a little work on finding the screen sweet spot, I pack it up , charge it up, and get to work. 

I read on the manual you click the on button fives or six times in a row to turn it on, but I found with mine I simiply held down the button and the coil immidiately got to work. I held it down for 5 seconds, and then drew v e r y slowly until it blinked and would shut off. And BAM! Vapors! I've been using it all night until I fell asleep, and all today. It hasn't failed me yet and works very nicely. (Baked atm if you didn't notice by now)

For the price of it, I'd rate it a 9/10. Cheap and very affective. Vapes as it should, is discreet, and came with a little case, charger, cleaning brush, pokey/dab tool, and works smoothly. Only problem I can think of is the metal on the pen by the coil gets a little hot after a few uses.

I hope this helps anyone looking for a vape. I've used the DragonLite before (which was nice until my friends tore out the screen >.> ) and the Ago G5 feels better and easier to hide. So yeh haha.

2. Hey by any chance have you run into the problem of letting it charge then getting the light on the button blinking 5 times but nothing happens lcd reads 000 and battery bar is full any fixs to this?

3. I just got the G5 a couple weeks ago. I love it. Works great with a screen. Still need to get some wax/oil to try that attachment out. The website I ordered from even sent me the upgraded battery free of charge

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. So I just got my G5 and it burns the herb no problem but once I try to put in the screen first like you're supposed to with dry herbs it doesn't work. Don't get anything out of it.

Any thoughts?

5. #5 puffdawggie, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    I work for a company that sold the AGO units, which is exactly what the Atmos is. They are extremely hard to get air to flow so you normally end up with a useless, vaporless hit. In addition, if you are supplied a screen by one of the manufacturers chances are it will destroy the attachment. If any piece of metal from the screen touches the coil why it is on it will short circuit destroying the attachment and potentially the battery. Try the glassRx attachment from Cannastick with the variable voltage battery option. Not only do you get a huge hit but it looks cool too.

6. I just remember this topic exists while I nip at my vape pen.

@[member="puffdawggie"] I haven't had trouble with air flow, and also I used my own screen and put it about 2/3 down and it works amazingly. 
    @[member="Don Quioxte"] You may need to suck a little slow. (Heh heh heh)
    @hemilkman2489 I haven't had any problems with that. Maybe faulty battery?

So yeah hi. If you got any question I've got the little shit in my hands and ao I can help and yeah.

(Ps hope this made sense lol)

8. My bad macgyvergirl I didn't mean to repost your message haha but I wanted to ask if you suggest I buy one? I know there is probably better vapes out there but I'm trying to buy cheap. Anyway could you send me a link to where I should buy from?

9. It's all good my man. And yeah dude it was worth it. I got this one from eBay, $25 total. Make sure you get screens if it doesn't come it. Works great for me.

10. I got my G5 a few days ago and it's not working like I've read and youtube vids show. 1st thing I did was had my girl friend put a screen in while the battery was charging, then loaded it, got 2 good hits. Next time I tried using it she loaded it same as 1st time but wouldn't work, after several tries of packing and unpacking I finally gave up and took the screen out and got a good hit. Tried it again later that night and nothing again. I can tell it was heating up some but not enough to burn or vape. 

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

BTW....I'm a quadriplegic that's why my girl friend did everything. I got it from ebay for $25 wich is a good price if it workded but I can't afford to spend money on somthing that doesn't work and will end up in a drawer or sitting on a shelf.

Thanks in advance.

11. The G5 pens have a really delicate heating coil. I found that when I used mine without a screen that the normal wear and tear of packing and unpacking was enough to break it. It burns buds and breaks hearts. 

I'd say different story for concentrates though. I have friends that use it strictly for concentrates and love it. 

12. I apologize for this but im high

13. I've been looking on eBay and see some G5 Pens which are super cheap so it worries me lol!! How would u put the screen in? And just like regular screen packs u get at the tobacco store? I don't have the extra money to spend $80-100 on a trippy stix so I'm trying not to cheat myself by going cheap & then it not working u kno? Any pics or help would be awesome :) thanks! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. When she puts the screen in, how far in is it? It should be pretty close to the coil but definitely not touching it. Also you gotta drag sloooooooowly sometimes. 

It's easy. Go look up a YouTube vid and you'll see the little chamber and shit where you pack it. And yup, regular ole' screens.  :smoke:  I'd do pics but atm it's being lent to a friend. :c

Sorry for the late replies btw. I haven't been on GC in awhile. 

15. I use glass glass screen, it touches the coil and it works fine.

16. I'm thinking about modding the ago g5 and using a Ce4 atomizer tank and some e juice that way I can also mess around with vape/smoke tricks and stuff too, not only herb use. I'll report back on how that goes.

17. #17 danielilov, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    g5 just came in the mail. i never understood why people use ecigs/vape pens for herb - just get a vape! these things are amazing for concentrates, especially these flat, pancake wickless style coils. i placed the glass screen on top of the coil and dry fired it - coils seem to light up fine with the screen touching it, and touched the screen after a second and it was pretty dam hot. going to try throwing some concentrates on top of there. should be a great way to load in heaps instead of constant repacking! i'm sure it'd work fine without the screen in there by just sticking concentrates on the side but this thing should hopefully work wonders, keeping the coil minorly saturated so it doesn't burn out while heating the goods at a nice temp. would also recommend variable voltage egos or apv mods for these

and macgyver, please dont get a ce4 lmao those things are total junk. get a bottom feeder with a pyrex/glass tank for ejuice/ecig (the plastic ones crack from certain juices), something along the lines of a kanger protank, aro, or a cartotank (works a little differently). rebuildables are the best ecigs but i dont recommend them for a novice as they are semi-dangerous without proper knowledge of parts

18. I'm liking how the kanger protank looks. Only about $20 as far as I'm finding.

19. Check out the Nautilus too (theres one on vaporfoundry for the same price), it's newer and seems like it outperforms the protank. the best part about these is that when the coil gets gunked, you can swap it out with a replacement without having to get a whole new tank. but these "bottom-feeders" are definitely the way to go imo, i'd say they're the step right below rebuildables

20. I should really stop letting my tech side get to me. I was dicking around with the heating chamber for the ago g5 because I was bored and broke it. Now instead of heating up, the power button flashes four times and powers off.
    *pats self on back*  :hide: