Garden of Lorien: C99 Lemon Kush

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Gandalf_the_Green, Jan 7, 2014.

1. I notice the material you use to get your extraction makes a big difference. color matters. if your extraction is real dark and has green in it; it seperates no matter what i do. if your extraction is gold it works every time. so far i have had success with using strait PG. the PG/VG mixes i have tried did not work. the flavored juice i purchase at the store doesnt work. so far it is the same way with the VG. I will probably have to use a strait VG. i will want to repeat my process a few times once i do figure it out so i dont give out bullshit info. 1 part extraction 2 parts pg in the oven for thirty minutes at 190. 

2. Interesting. So did you use BHO or maybe bubble hash?

Sent from Chefziggy's Kitchen

3. Sounds like I'm going to have to try that one of these days.

Sent from Chefziggy's Kitchen

4. if you use a coffee cup and your oven you can put a gram of bho in and 2 ml pg and have a quick sample in 30 minutes. it doesnt have to cost a ton to experiment with this. I also use those 3 and 5 ml pipettes. you can use the juice you buy at the e cig store. it works fine it just separates and needs to be shaken.

5. :unsure: nothing going on here? ...Ok, just checking!

Summer has been fucking wild..... crazy busy.  I harvested the KSkunk, and killed everything in my veg cab.  Still have the GFBA struggling along in my flower tent (my fault, not hers).  Gonna get some lettuce, basil, and weed going today and tomorrow lol.  Probably pick which seeds as soon as I catch up on everything I've missed in GC (a ton!)

7. welcome back dude!

what seeds ya thinking of running?

Was thinking maybe my last GFBA seed, Afghan 88, and LSD are on the short list...... also Arjan's Haze #3, but I know you're not a fan of Arjan's stuff or Hazes in general lol

nice lineup!

I haven't grown enough of arjan's gear to have a big opinion on it.. seen folks get good results from his gear.
    I just don't like his business practices and the blatently incorrect descrition of some of the genetics on some of the strains that he offers.

the couple things i did grow weren't that great.

the church.. grew well, but weak as fuck... like the least potent weed i've ever smoked lol.

Arjan's ultra Haze #1 was total crap and overrated imo.. how that weed won a cup is beyond me.

hope you have better luck w/ it than i did lol..

can't go wrong with those first 3 though..

10. Yesterday (a bit behind schedule, I know) I dropped an Arjan Haze #3, and a LSD seed, both feminized.... in about 2-3 weeks, I'll drop 1 or 2 regular Afghan 88 (by G-45) and see what I can get from them.

The reason I want to try the Arjan's Haze is that it is *supposed* to be a short, bushy sativa... perfect for my tent lol  And I'm doing an LSD along with it, so I know I'll get at least one plant of high-quality genetics lol

11. You know it's funny how I notice new things all the time, things that have been around for a long time..like words or phrases or websites! lol I've been hearing/reading a lot of good things about haze I've never really noticed before.
    So yeah..noted! :D can't wait to see that! Arjan's Haze was a big thing when I visited the cup in 2008, I believe it's got a killer hash like taste, if I'm not mistaken...

12. Hey Gandalf! I hope all is going good in your day bro!

I picked it because Green House's website describes the #3 variety as the "Shortest, fastest haze plant in history."  I don't really believe that propaganda lol  but I do expect it to be reasonably short, which is my main restriction.... gotta keep all plants 3' tall or less.  Apparently it's a Laos father bred with a mother that was a combination of Neville's Haze and Super Silver Haze.... although again, I don't really care what the genetics are, as long as it's a short sativa that produces reasonably well lol  

Here's the flavor description: Arjan's Haze #3 has a very woody sativa flavor, a taste of musk and campfires. Underneath is a scent of mint and lemon grass. This haze delivers a potent high with the qualities that most haze fans seek: a soaring clear-headed sensation that is never too heavy on the body. This high creeps up slowly, but once its effects are felt, they stick around for a long while. It is a terriffic strain for creative moods and for the euphoria it can contribute to recreational activities. Anecdotally, it has been promising for chronic pain.

The LSD is a 2008 Indica Cup Winner.... whatever that means, but it definitely means I should be able to tell them apart, which is good, because I forgot to label the seeds when I germed them lol  LSD is apparently a cross of Mazar x Skunk #1

And here they are!  The two newest members of the Garden of Lorien lol

Attached Files:

Shit's well man..... temps are reasonable here, got a bachelor party in Sin City coming up this weekend, wife and I have date night planned tonight, and there's 2 new girls (forgot to mention they are both fem'd seeds) in the Garden.... I'm liking it.

How's your upcoming weekend look?

15. Sounds like a good time man! I used to hit Vegas a few times a year when my bros in law used to live up that way. Haven't been back in a very long time. I got date night coming up too I think. Movie night tomorrow with just us two....leave the kids home to fend for themselves, lol.

16. Hey everyone!  Sorry I'm slacking so much on updates..... Vegas took a lot out of me, and I've been pretty busy recently.  Here are some pics of my two ladies!  They're a bit behind I think.... the long weekend when I was gone in Vegas, I had them too far from the light, I guess, and they spent the entire weekend stretching instead of growing leaves and nodes lol.  So when I got back, I had some leggy, underdeveloped girls.  But I put them closer to the light and they are starting to hit their stride for sure.  

Also, I don't know what the deal is, because I am using the same fan I have used before, but these girls seem to really be getting beat up by the fan lol.  One of the girls it blew completely over, so it looks like she LST'ed herself lol.  That probably slowed them down a little, too...  Oh well, they look happy!

I have some bagseeds, I'm thinking maybe I'll throw a couple of them into 2gal containers and put them directly into the flower tent.  That way I can get some smoke quickly, while I really train these 2 girls and take clones and whatnot.  I'll ponder it.....

And I harvested the GFBA and trimmed it up (barely) and it's jarred up now.  I'll take some pics once it's better cured....  My wife and I already smoked almost half of it while we were out of bud lol

I still haven't planted the living mulch in the smarties these girls will eventually go into.... need to get on that...

Attached Files:

17. I just thought about it.... I didn't label the seeds, so I'm not sure which is which, and figured I wouldn't know for a while... But given the leaf shapes (one looks far more indica), I can take an educated guess now.... The indica-looking one (that got LSTed by the wind) almost has to be the LSD, which was a 2008 Indica Cup Winner.  The Arjan's Haze #3 is supposed to be an 80/20 sativa dom, so it must be the one with thinner leaves....

18. Sounds right. And I'd bet the fan is beating them up because they got leggy.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

19. Hey GTG! Loved the cloning tea info you left on the porch. Just the mix I'm ready for as soon as I get my own aloe plant going. :) been looking forward to that for a while now.
    Enjoy your weekend brotha!