Garden of Lorien: C99 Lemon Kush

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Gandalf_the_Green, Jan 7, 2014.

1. #561 Gandalf_the_Green, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014

Definitely.... if you let it bubble for only 18-24 hours, your ACT will be fungi-dominant (which is fine if that's what you want)..... if you bubble it for too long (more than 48 hours), you'll have a protozoa-dominated brew.  There is no max frequency to use it, but the concept of "diminished returns" certainly applies here.... I would use it twice in a grow, tops.  More air is always better.... helps eliminate "dead zones" where the water is stagnant.  There is no way to burn your plants with an AACT (assuming no crazy ingredients are used)

Edit: www.microbeorganics.com  will answer every question you might have on AACTs

2. I found this beer today! Thought I would share it.

Attached Files:

3. Thanks for sharing. I'll pm you with the address to send my bottle.:D

Twas Ever Thus!

4. Holy feeeck those plants look awesome dude!!! I think you'll have plenty of tops :p those babies look primed and ready to start packin on flowers :D now's time to sit back and watch Mother Nature perform some miracles :)

Cool. Thanks! I need to just break down and read the microbe organics site in depth. I've skimmed it but a lot of it is kinda technical and hard to absorb when I'm high so I've been waiting on a time when I wasn't high to read it. I'm still waiting.
    :smoke:

6. Man...you need to just suck it up and read that bitch high!! lol that way when you finally comprehend it, you'll feel like fucking Einstein... 'er sum'junk!

7. Happy Easter and 4/20 to you Gandalf. Hope all is well. Stay cool man :thumbsup:

8. Cheers Farm!  Happy 4/20 everyone!

9. Happy 420 amigos :wave: stay super duper high :D :smoke: :smoke:

Heya Unp! The thread might be easier to follow:

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1110985-act-aerated-compost-tea.html

10. Alright, I've been slacking a bit on updates..... Good and semi-bad news.... The good news is that my flower tent looks lovely..... The LK is really starting to form buds and look nice.  The C99 has become a stretchy sum-bitch lol. And the basil continues to rock and bounce back from repeated harvests.  The final pic is a closeup of one of the LK buds starting to form.  And I finally switched from MH to HPS, as you can tell from the shitty photos lol

The semi-bad news is that my wife had some health stuff.... nothing crazy or life-threatening, but we did do some urgent care and doctor's visits.... and I just wasn't paying much attention, kinda pulled in a lot of directions..... the SIP, it turns out, wasn't working.... I think solos are not optimal for SIPs, and I didnt have the bottoms cut out properly.... So the soil in the solos dried out a bunch and the girls got kinda messed up lol  Stunted mostly..... but I took them off the SIP and started top-watering, and I think they're starting to come around.... even the GFBA runt is still kicking lol  So hopefully they'll turn around and start looking post-worthy soon

Attached Files:

11. Oh yeah, and last night I was doing some pruning of lower growth..... I cut off two lower branches from the LK that were spindly and not gonna produce anything significant.... and I figured fuck it, so I tried to see if I could use them as clones.  But it was spur of the moment, so I didn't have any kelp or aloe ready lol.... fail to plan, plan to fail, as they say lol.  I just shaved off some "bark", stuck them in some base soil, sprayed them down thoroughly, and covered them with a ziploc bag to keep it humid..... So I dunno, we'll see how it goes.... maybe I'll start up a weak kelp tea soon and spray them down thoroughly.....  Not really counting on, or even expecting, this to work lol

12. What up gtg! Things are lookin pretty good bro. Did you get a node buried in the soil with your clones? Clones for me were the hardest to be patient for.

Hey GTG2! lol  Thanks man, I'm pretty happy with the flower tent.  I buried a node on one of them, but the other was kinda too small.... wasn't really my focus though.... I practiced cloning with a friend of mine, and he's found that as long as you scrape up the stalk, it doesn't really matter if you bury a node or not.... I followed his advice and took some clones for him, and he said the clones I took (I was only there for a week) went 20/20 rooting, so I feel like his advice was solid.  He used rockwool cubes, though, and I am not......  I don't think I'll struggle to be patient, since I don't really even expect them to take root lol  Right now I'm just waiting for them to wilt and look shitty.... they actually still look decent so far lol

14. Sweet dude! I wondered if a node was really neccessary if you scraped up the stalk. I bet they take.

15. Your garden is looking real nice.
    On the clone thing, I have found it to be strain dependent. Some root easy and others not so easy. On the hard ones burying a couple of nodes seems to help. Along with kelp, aloe or willow teas. When I have one that I know is tough to root I just take extra cuts.

Twas Ever Thus!

Thanks dude..... yeah, now that you mention it, he said the reason he grows that strain almost exclusively is that it is pest resistant, and easy to clone lol.  Sooooo my previous success is less impressive lol  Thinking of cutting 2 branches off the lower parts of the C99, so if I do, I'll be sure to bury a node or two.... and get some kelp bubbling.

17. Lokin awesome dude :metal: :metal: I knew those ladies would turn around and surprise ya :D

18. OMG, I do have kelp tea already-made, ready to use..... it's in the back of the fridge!  Damn, maybe I'm over-medicating lol

19. Lookin great man, hope your lady is ok

Thanks bro..... she's doin alright.... definitely better.  Women's bodies are complicated and treacherous lol.  And she was an All-American athlete in college, so there's definitely some wear and tear factor..... something I would know nothing about since my best sports are ultimate frisbee and hackey-sack lol