Garden of Lorien: C99 Lemon Kush

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Gandalf_the_Green, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Alright, the first night of 12/12 is under their belt lol  They look pretty damn good!  The C99 especially... it's really caught a groove.  

One of the GFBA popped!  Planted it same as the others...... hoping the last one will have popped by morning... 

All is groovin pretty good in the Garden of Lorien.... the odor of bud is just now starting to mix with the odor of basil lol

Attached Files:

2. Patience is startin to pay off!! Those girls look awesome man. I'm glad they are gettin' their groove on! Good idea flipping right now. Looks like they have plenty of room to grow. Great update dood :D i'm so excited for you

3. All 3 K-Skunks have sprouted!  And the GFBA that I planted is almost through the soil.... definitely visible, pushing her way up lol  Still waiting on the last GFBA seed to germ.....  Will get some pics up tomorrow....  the SIP seems to be working well for the solos....

4. They are looking nice GtG.

What's your grow medium? Rice?

lol that's an 1" or so of rice hulls as a mulch.... helps keep the top layer of soil moist and keep microbes active.  Also helps improve drainage.... My soil is something I built..... the recipe is in the first post.... it's mostly Coast of Maine lobster compost and Coast of Maine potting soil, with perlite and rice hulls for aeration.  But it obviously needed some improvements.... so on the batch that I just mixed up a few days ago, I made several improvements.  That recipe should be only a few pages back..... the CoM lobster compost, sphagnum peat moss, high-quality and local EWCs, and buckwheat hulls and perlite for aeration. 

6. Doin good..... the veg cab is nice..... still not 100% confident the SIP is working.... the holes in the bottoms of the solos might not be big enough..... I'll have to keep an eye on it.  The final GFBA seed still hasn't germed, so I put it in the matchbox lined with fine sandpaper, and shook it around..  Had a few visible scuff marks, so I put it back in the moist paper towels to germ.  Hope this works!

Made a pesto-mozzarella bruschetta.... very nice!  Loving this basil.... thought I'd throw in a pic of the basil from post-harvest.  The last pic of a seedling is the GFBA that has sprouted.... clearly the youngest of the 4.  Oh and the first pic is a picture of how I wrapped the cable around the desk to hold the light up.

Also throwing in some pics of my excursion... wife and I went to check out the Cherry Blossom festival in on the mall in DC.... snapped a few decent pics

Have a great Sunday GC!

Attached Files:

7. Looking good! I just saw your post about bourbon. I love Bulleit! Damn you got quality tastes in alcohol :p

8. #548 gardnerthegardener, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    image.jpg

Yo, GTG, here is a pic if that Kerala x skunk. This one is hydro. Everything is looking good man!!

9. Looking f%#kin excellent, gandalf! And great photos man looks like an awesome thing to see--thanks for sharin :D

10. Great stuff, dude! What kind of tree is that with the pinkish-white blossoms?

lol I love it too!  Was an engagement present that I've been holding onto.... very huge bottle!

Nice, thanks man!  Looks like I'll have to be vigilant to ensure I control the height.......

It was really fun man..... you want to be sure to get down there early, though.... the crowds get out of control.  We left our house before sunrise to make it there early enough (it's a decent drive to DC from here)... but it was great to see all the sights, and be home in time for the Masters! lol

Those are cherry trees!  In 1912, the mayor of Tokyo gave 3,000 cherry trees to the city of Washington D.C.  So every year there is a "Cherry Blossom Festival" held whatever weekend is deemed to be "peak blossom" time lol.  It's a really cool sight to see.... but the tourists are insane.... they're everywhere.... 

Thanks GtG, still trying to learn seems like everyday its something new.

13. #553 Gandalf_the_Green, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014

There will always be something new to learn about organic gardening.  Hope that's cool lol

I recommend trying out some sort of mulch..... buckwheat hulls, rice hulls, a living much of barley, clover, etc.... all good options.  Clover is an especially good option because it fixes nitrogen from the atmosphere into the soil for your MJ.  Not sure if barley does this.....

Attaching some pics..... first two are of TJ's garden, he uses barley as a living mulch.  The first pic is how he cuts it down each night (letting the clippings decompose, giving nutrients back to the soil and MJ). The second pic is what he wakes up to each morning lol

Edit: Shit.... I switched the order of the pics of TJ's barley... you get the idea

The third and fourth pics are from unplugged's garden, he uses clover.

Attached Files:

14. Yeeeah I dunno if I'd recommend barley now lol. Grows too damn fast so it's kinda high maintenance. It's slowing down a little now. I think that all of the chopping has done a number on the root/shoot ratio. I think it is a bionutrient accumulator.... not the best cover crop... I'd try one of the 15 items in the buildasoil cover crop mix. Apparently he chose those particular seeds because they make a good cover crop/companion with cannabis.

15. good to see them coming around Gandalf, seeing some nice healthy growth in there! :wave:

16. #556 Gandalf_the_Green, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    Thanks Trails!  Yeah, it's pretty unbelievable the difference..... on the LK especially, you can see how each successive node, the growth gets greener and greener lol  

I'm thinking about topping the girls one more time..... get 4 top colas on each plant.  Is it too late to top them a couple days into flower?  Most sites and forums seem to say no.... but I've learned not to trust most randoms on forums lol

17. You can but I've found that its better to just get all the topping out of the way before flower. Some strains don't recover so well and some will keep stretching through the flower so maybe give it a try and see how you and your girls like it.

18. The girls look good!  Good times in the garden.....  The upper growth on both plants in the flower tent is soooo green and good looking compared to the lower leaves.  I gave them a weak alfalfa/kelp tea to maximize branching.... this is based on some LD posts and other info I've come across that indicates the growth stimulating compounds in Alfalfa (Triacontanol predominantly) are highly effective a few days into flower when the plant hormones are extremely active.  Also, my manual mister broke a few days ago, so I got a Chapin 2000 (plastic 1gal sprayer.... I'm no big-timer here lol).  I love it!  Really made watering and foliar so much easier.  

The K-Skunks are doing well..... one is a bit limey, but growth is good on all three.  1 GFBA still hasn't popped the seed case and remains in moist paper towels on the "heat pad."  The other sprouted, but its growth remains well behind.  For the most part it hasn't changed in the last 36-48 hours..... hoping it pulls out of it.

Attached Files:

19. Glad to see everything coming along great!

Chongin😁💨💨

20. Hey, do you know if there are maximums to these AACTs other than with the ingredients? E.g., is there a max time to let it bubble, max frequency to use it, etc. Is more bubbling always better? Can I water with it every watering or every other or would I burn my plants?