Garden of Lorien: C99 Lemon Kush

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Gandalf_the_Green, Jan 7, 2014.

1. :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:

You'll have no trouble determining which is which when they start growing. C99 and Lemon Kush are at opposite ends of the growth characteristic spectrum.

Only popping one each is a bit risky, though. Unless they're feminized, you've got a 50/50 chance they'll be female. I always pop 3 just to be certain I get 1 female. But then, I'm a strain whore with beans coming out my ears.

An inexpensive aquarium heater will keep your ACT brewing temp stable.

See ya...

2. That's definitely one thing that I wanna try an keep track of my next run. Have a widow mixed in with the pineapple. We shall see which is which. Or have a hell of lot of fun tryin'

Really?  I figured since they were both sativa hybrids that it would be tough.  What should I be looking for to tell 'em apart?

They are both feminized seeds, so since they both popped I should be ok..... I have 18 fem'd seeds and 5 regular seeds from Herbies, and then I have about 30 bagseeds I saved (because the bags I found them in were particularly good).  So I'm definitely no strain-whore.... trying to make beans go as far as possible lol

4. Hey Gandalf,

I really don't have any good pics of the C99, but here's the best I can do to compare it to the Lemon Kush:

Lemon Kush at the flip - bold leaves, stocky structure
    [​IMG]
    C99 - thin leaves, skinny structure
    [​IMG]
    The Lemon Kush generally shows an indica dominant structure, while the C99 definitely expresses her sativa heritage.

Go easy on the feeding for the C99, as she tends to hook pretty bad if you don't. And she is the sweetest Juicy Fruit gum smelling plant - fantastic smell!

Good to hear they are both femmed seeds. Good luck!

See ya...

5. hey GTG :wave:

nice journal...im thinking :laughing:

dr60.....subbed :smoking:

:wave:

6. Hey GT!  Thanks for coming by.  Yeah, the DR60.... it's a bit cramped, but fine for my purposes.  In an ideal world (when I get a house) I'll use the DR60 for veg and buy something bigger for flower (or grow outdoors depending where that house is lol).

What is your avatar picture of?  Looks like Theoden when he was under Grima Wormtongue's spell lol

I'm wondering about your signature line..... why are you attributing that phrase (which I totally agree with) to Ockham's Razor?  And why did you choose that spelling for Occam?  It's definitely correct, but far less common

7. ya they are great little tents...mines been going for a few years...starting to get some wear and tear, but its been a wonderful tent! easily grow personal amounts.

its Theoden under Wormtongues spell :p

ockhams razor is a blade on grasscity...smart older feller....theres a few of em on here ;)

Alright!  Vape for me for guessing correctly!  :hello:  :starts packing volcano:

Gotcha..... I was wondering how that quote had anything to do with the Occams Razor principle/philosophy

Workin my way through your more recent grow journal now......

9. yeah, ive done some learning in those threads...

vapes rock man....ive got two, and i hardly smoke at all anymore, wonderful bits of technology :smoking:

And I noticed your journal ended rather abruptly.... you still growin?  Or did job/life derail your organic experiments? lol

11. oh vape daily still....:smoke: that doesnt just stop :laughing:

got 3 chocolopes in flower in the dr60 under a 400w hps ....and another pandora ;) still using organic soil.

just had to take it easy and concentrate elsewhere for a while, thats life. *shrugs*

12. Well.... I'm having account issues.  My primary account (Gandalf_the_Green) is currently locked up, so I'm on here temporarily with this old account of mine.  Hopefully the issues get straightened out soon.  Sorry to all if I get banned and can't finish this journal lol.

One of my ladies had sprouted from her solo cup this morning when I awoke!  Pleasant surprise.... hopefully the other is not far behind.  Will have pictures up soon!

13. lol  :hello:  It was a mistake!  I'm not banned after all!  The journal shall go on!   :smoke:

14. Alright, pictures!  I realized that I hadn't mentioned my water method will be a noob-style SIP.  I couldn't find pumice affordably (compared to perlite), so perlite it will be!  It is only being used as wicking material, after all.  I figure the SIP will work better after I transplant to smart pots, so I'll keep an eye on their water level until then.  However, I did cut holes in the bottoms of the cups, so hopefully they will wick (noob said it would work with hard pots if you pushed them down in there for good contact).

After much experimentation, I was able to find a light/fan/ventilation combo that keeps the temps in the tent right where I want them!  As soon as this damn cold snap breaks, I'll go back to the ventilation configuration I was running in the fall.

Attached Files:

15. I'm planning on doin the solo cup setup. Prolly should get on researchin it a bit more.. lol  How many days ya had em in there?  I didn't have a good time waterin the first go around. I was underwaterin.. It was jus awful! Hopin to bypass that shit this go round! 

16. #36 Gandalf the Green, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    Still no sign of my other girl yet..... but I have faith in her.

I put them in the solos as soon as they popped their seeds, so the morning of the 8th.  But I didn't create the SIP until the evening of the 9th.  Before that I was just misting them frequently.  From what I understand, you definitely want to make sure your soil is moist when you put them on the SIP.  If the soil mix has dried out too much, especially with peat and coco, it can become hydrophobic and fail to wick (saw this kill a plant in someone else's journal).  I'd guess you could fix that by watering with yucca extract added to act as a wetting agent, but I'm not sure.  So far I haven't watered at all since I put them in the SIP (36 hours), and the soil still seems moist in the solos.  You also want to have a method for checking your water levels in the SIP, which is why I have that clear solo in the corner of my tray.  When they get transplanted, each smart pot will get its own 12"x24" tray to SIP from lol  Should let me go a good 5 days between watering.

Edit: Also, due to the cold here, and me having the central heat on, the air in my apartment is dry as hell.  Before the SIP, my ambient humidity in the tent was 20-25%.  Since the SIP, it has stayed between 32-38%.  Nice ancillary benefit

17. Woo hoo! Sprouts are always so pretty!Until they grow up into the bad girls they are ;)Looks good GTG!

18. Yeah the SIP helps a lot with humidity for me too. Some people make little sips with solo cups for seedlings. C4 gave me some good advice the other day.... he starts in clear solo's that are filled about halfway with soil. The clear solo goes into an opaque one, that way u can lift out to look at the roots. As the seedling stretches, he adds more ewc around the stem to add some stability. She will continue to grow roots as u top up the soil. Just thought i'd pass that along :)

lookin good tho gandalf! It'll be fun watching from pop to chop.

Ever sign up with that other forum? You're gonna like it i tell you.

19. Thanks G! I'm gearin up to get m lil ladies goin. I'd say monday. Gotta bleach some areas. Etc.. Make sure everythin up to par. My problem last time was i was misting. I nver gave them a good waterin. water. and let drain. shouldnt have to water for days. I dint do that. And they struggled. So sip is my shit! lol

20. Looking forward to reading more of your adventures.