Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is anybody MONITORING cancer rates in cannabis smokers?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ReturnFire333, Jan 6, 2014.

1. it wasn't a assumption I know it has medicinal value I just didn't want to type more/explain it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Oh I was misled when you claimed that thc "gets you high and that's it". Seemed as if you were saying thc didn't have any purpose outside of recreational.

3. heres the thing if they did it on legal marijuana (medical or recreational) for the most part they're grown pretty well but nobody knows how the street weed was grown if they used harmful pesticides wierd fertilizers or if it was flushed properly so weed itself may not cause cancer but what about how it was grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I didn't read the rest of the thread so apologies if somebody already mentioned it.

I seen a documentary about cannabis and it's medical effects and applications, and there was a doctor who said that when he and his partners researched cannabis and lung cancer, they where surprised because they actually found a preventive effect from cannabis, because stoners had lower levels of lung cancer collectively and also a higher lung capacity.

People theorize this has something to do with cannabinoids anti-cancer properties dealing with the carcinogens in weed smoke. 

5. #85 Crony, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    Cancer has never been found in a marijuana-only smoker.. I'm convinced that it doesn't cause cancer, that is throwing out pre-held chronic illness and ailments and other risk factors, such as being a tobacco smoker or heavy drinker. 

The same way saying living in a large city and breathing the air pollution does not cause an increased risk of lung cancer, sure.

Fuck it, life's short. If you're that concerned, vape instead.

7. This is quite an interesting thread. I was scrolling through all the posts. But yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Cannabis has medicinal qualities, but it is not a cure for cancer. I know that the human lungs were designed to inhale fresh clean oxygen and nothing more. Anything else could be detromental. I am wondering too, what kind of effects the smoke has on my lungs. We all know the good side of weed. but beyond doing damage to a 12 year old's brain (that continues to smoke it most of his life, like myself), I think we should study what is bad about cannabis without all the stuffy "gateway drug" propaganda thinking.

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree it does need to be looked into.

8. OP when facts started getting thrown on the table
    [​IMG]

9. ^ Pretty much. When facts started showing up:
    [​IMG]

10. Cures some forms of cancer, theirs like over 200 kinds obviously doesn't cure them all but helps/fights/kills/cures some

11. Nobody has given any facts on smoking cannabis and cancer rates.

13. #93 Lenny., Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Assuming cannabis use does cause lung cancer - not saying it does or doesn't  - how many years of usage could we expect to see any impacts on the lungs?  I know people who have been smoking habitually since the mid 70s and continue to this day.

Hell, what about Granny? Maybe we can ask her. She's been smoking since the beginning of time.

14. Well, not quite THAT long! LOL I started in the late 1960s. 

I saw the doctor for a check-up a couple months ago. He checked my lungs- no problems! (He checks my lungs carefully- he doesn't approve of my cannabis use and would love to hassle me about it!) The only time I have any problems is when I hit the pipe too much and don't use the vape! My lungs get phlegmy and I get a cough, but as soon as I go back to vaping, it's gone!

During some very recent fires in NorCal, I experienced no problems with my breathing- even though the air was a "skuzzy" brown and you could smell the smoke day and night!  Air quality varied between "unhealthy" and "very unhealthy".

From myexperience, smoking cannabis may cause TEMPORARY lung problems, that can be avoided by vaporizing. (It's just I have all these cool pipes that I like to use! :laughing: )

Granny

15. Is there anyway I can like...adopt you as my second grandma?

16. u need to do a lot more research

17. The issue arises in that most users who use combustion to consume cannabis or THC extractions are not limited to having only ever smoked cannabis. And that is also assuming someone knew how to flush every time and did. So basically it is next to impossible to make such determinations.

18. If it is the study I looked at, the cannabis smokers had a lower incident than non-smokers.

Also, with the federal prohibition, actual scientific, double blind controlled studies can't take place. Anecdotal studies is the best we have right now.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

19. It creates compounds that CAN cause cancers. Not WILL cause. A very important point when combined with the known beneficial properties the cannabinoids bring the table.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

20. #100 ReturnFire333, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014

That is with low use, which almost NO smokers follow low use. A joint a week or so. Stoners smoke 3 joints worth an hour, let alone a day.