2014 Ontario Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by msad420, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Welcome GC to my 2014 grow journal , figured I'd start it early and get all my basics down , this year I'm going to have a total of 9photo period plants aswell as autos from Dutch passion my strains are as followed

Deep chunk Tom hill
    X 18 Tom hil
    Frisian dew DP
    Durban poison DP
    Purple # 1 DP
    Passion # 1 DP
    Dr who TGA
    Qrazy train TGA
    Night queen DP

The deep chunk by Tom hill will mainly be used for breeding purposes going to cross it with a female dr who .

Some plants will be in 50-60 gallons of soil others around 30-40

This is my soil mix for this year , ill also be making kelp / alfafa tea in veg and another tea of Ewc , compost and mollases in veg aswell , for flower ill probably top dress a bit with high p guano or make a tea , still making the standard ACT in flower though .

Here's my mix

Peatmoss
    Ewc
    Compost
    Perlite
    Vermiculite

I'm making a 300 gallons mix my ammendmants are per 7 gallons of soil mostly need 5 kg bags of the ammendmants and large bags of oyster shell , gypsum , and glacial rock dust .

35% compost Ewc , 30% peatmoss , 35 % perlite , vermiculite

Ammendmants
    Neem cake 1/2 cup
    Crab meal 1/2 cup
    Green sand 1/4 cup
    Fish bone meal 1/2 cup
    Alfafa meal 1/2 cup
    Kelp meal. 1/2 cup
    Fish meal 1/2 cup
    Oyster shell 1 cup
    Gypsum. 1 cup
    Glacial rock dust 2-5 cups

I'm not using any dolomite lime in my mix I'm using oyster shell instead .no feather blood or bone meals in my mix quite horrific what happens at those places . Not using any High N guano or high P guano ill just top dress in veg / flower with it

Only additional nutrients ill be using bio ag endo mix for transplanting when there seedlings to get a nice established root system and also when I transplant into final containers .and ACT teas in veg / flower along with a few orgsnic foiler sorays in veg . Also will be using EWC as a topdress in summer really helps hold in some moisture and added microbes .

Ill be starting the plants indoors in 1 gallons containers , probably a mix of perlite , vermiculite , Ewc , and some organic soil. Light source will be either a 250 w custom mh 7200 k blue bulb or a 150 w hps if I use the hps ill be adding a few giant blue CFls , ill be starting the plants april and will be planting them outside around may 15 th .

Spot has roughly 10 hours of sun and has a water source close by . Ill be setting up drip systems for the plants little technique I know of . Any ideas on anything I should add to my mix or any info would be appreciated thanks

2. As a fellow outdoor Ontario grower I'm looking forward to seeing what you pull off!

My mix is all organic stuff as well. Not sure how far north you are, but be carefull of the weather Mid-May, it can get pretty cold still so if space permits maybe consider keeping them inside. Obviously you'll make the appropriate call when the time comes and the weather forecasts are out.

My past season I noticed the bugs hit the plants pretty hard up until about July then as the flies and mosquito numbers taper off so do the other pests. Nonetheless, get the neem sprays ready just in case.

How have your past outdoor runs gone? Pretty stoked to see the drip system you come up with. Watering containers is a pain in the ass while trying not to leave a trail or get seen.

3. Oh man is everyone already getting things ready?? Bringing my A++ game this year good luck buddy Hope for a great long summer and SWIFT harvest

....Good job on starting on your soil mix! I really need to get started on that for this year.

4. #4 msad420, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    Ye closes ill say is Toronto by mid may the temps are around 70-80 I the day and 50-60 at night do my area gets a really early start even though I'm in ontario lol . Yea neem oil I have and will be foiler spraying with a huge sprayer that's super easy to spray massive plants with . Yes the bugs are very bad up to a point then they back off . This 2013 grow I just made al the area around my plants straight dirt and once the sun hit it it dried out very hard for pest to get to my plant .neem oil works great . My 2013 grow this year I grew sour og x plushberry and skunk and a afghani landrace . Started them in April In a custom cfl grow box and the. Transplanted them to 3 gal containers before planting in finals containers may 15 th in 25 gallon containers with promix soil , kelp , alfafa , ewc and coco , used fungi and bacteri inoculants while transplanting wich makes a huge diffrence on root growth . and used orgsnic advanced nutrients products with there microbe products aswell as rhizotonic and sea kelp / fulvic acid , also used alfafa and kelp and Ewc in my soil and as a mulch . They got alot bigger then I expected 2 were 11-12 feet tall and 6-7 feet wide absoloute monsters , before this year i didnt know Ontario had crazy potential i pulled 2 lb of the tallest ones and 1 lb of the afghani 1 of the smaller ones wich was upgraded to larger container before flower , 1 lb of my other plant planted in bigger container then the 12 foot tall plants were in and got 1 lb , spot had around 7-8 hours sun and I tended to them daily it was a city gurilla grow basicly , got my water from a graveyard wich water hose were connected to a giant well so I could fill up 5 gallon jugs very easily , grow went very well but I want to go fully organic still take alot of things I learned but no chems and some plants will definatley be planted In ground In a home dad raised bed . Yea I've used drip systems since 2011 when I went on vacation to Nova Scotia for 2.5 weeks and left my plant to flourish in Ontario , left augest 5 th with a plant in full veg with pistils , came back to a plant in full flower lol . I'm definatley going to have to use bigger containers because my plants this year will be much bigger but the drip systems won't be very complicated just a huge container setup with a hose elevated above my soil line

If you want to see the 2013 grow with pics just search Bagseed Grow (Ontario)

5. Nice im excited to see what you pull off and maybe learn a couple tricks along the way.

In the past I've started my seedlings in a large tote box with three 2f T5 strips attatched to the lid. Works very well and takes up very little space. Then once I'm able to put them outside I take cuttings for clones off of one plant to get some late season plants going too (feminzed seeds) Atleast that way you got a bit of a backup crop.

I need to find a spot with more direct sunlight throughout the day, thats probably my main goal this year. Everything else is in place, with more daylight I'll see what the true potential is. Had a good spot but during a heat wave it dried up a bit and a 4-wheeler went right through it, ran over a few of my pots even.

Where did you source your amendments?

6. #6 msad420, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    Ill be getting all my ammendmants locally 1 company I really like is called welcome harvest farm , they carry a large range of what I need , and ill also be getting down to earth oyster shell , crab meal , and neem cake meal . EWC I get from BC not sure of the name but there top quality castings , perlite and vermiculite I can get in huge bags and peatmoss in big bales for 10$

Yea sunlight is key ill be looking for a spot with 9-10 hour of sun , be careful though its best to really know the area but Atleast know where the sun is going to go later in the year , shaded behind trees etc, ill be looking for a nice south facin spot with no hovering trees and optimal sunlight

... And ye ill be planting clones in a raised bed / mound in July with a drip system for breeding oil etc

7. Yeah they sell that welcome harvest farm stuff at all the hydro stores in Toronto. If you cross the border at all soon look up some garden centres or even walmart to see if they sell the Espoma products. I stocked up at walmart in the states. $10 bucks for 4lbs of Tomato tone.

EWC, look on Kijiji, theres a company that breeds worms for fishermen and they sell the surplus of castings for cheap. If youre in the toronto area...

Kelp, search for Bio-Ag on google. 50lb bag of kelp meal for 50 bucks i paid.

8. I no you you don't know me , but I'm desperate I no how this looks but I was wondering if you would sell some clones or at least some seeds. I'll pay good money for your troublesSent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. this is going to be awesome!!!

10. Sorry friend shoud look at the rules of Grasscity.

11. Kinda creepy 1 st post aswell lol

12. Do u have a call phonr number to txt ?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. @[member="Branno"] You think bugs will be a big problem for a outdoor plant? I live in Ontario aswell btw.
    You think i should buy some neem spray or something or just let the girls pull through the bugs?

Neem will help obviously but if your plants cant be tended to often its a little difficult to stay on top of.

I've noticed that the bugs come out pretty strong in that late june to late july area and then they slow down a lot and its not much to worry about after that if you can get through it. Personally, I just let the plants ride it out and I grew in a somewhat marshy area.

They'll get attacked a little bit probably but if you only have a couple girls and its going to stress you out then get a neem regiment going, neem cake in the soil too if you can find it. And if you find some good prices on neem products let me know please!

15. Well i will be able to visit my area often.

16. Nice strain list here, no expense spared on that DP gear.  Soil mix looks great too... Maybe worm castings to round things out?

17. Switched up the order a bit , oh and yea I'm forsure using worm castings , I'm getting 2 yards of compost delivered and probably around yard and a half of worm castings .

Here's my seeds for this year

Dutch passion Night queen
    Dutch passion The edge
    Dutch passion Frisian dew
    Emarld triangle blueberry headband
    Emerald triangle royal purple kush
    Emarld triangle g13 x blueberry headband
    Bc bud depot Bc kush
    TGA Subcool Qrazy train
    Cali connection Budda Tahoe OG
    Cali Connection Pre 98 Bubba Kush

18. Going to be mixing about 600-900 gallons of super soil instead of just 300 , placing huge order for ammendmants fairly soon same with peatmoss vermiculite , perlite , compost and worm castings , might be switching up my ammendmants just a bit adding more rock dust and adding high N bat guano and high P guano probably taking out the neem cake aswell . Then when I transplant ill use my super soil for roughly bottom 2/4 to 3/4 of the hole then fill rest with base mix ( peatmoss lime / oyster shell , kelp , alfafa , worm castings , perlite , vermiculite and compost )

19. #19 msad420, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Placed an order to attitude about 10 days ago and got all these strains in party cups ,

8 fem Bc kush
    3 fem Blueberry headband
    1 Pre 98 bubba kush reg
    1 budda Tahoe og reg
    1 royal purple kush fem
    1 Qrazy train reg
    1 jack herer reg
    3 g13 x blueberry headband reg
    1 California purple og kush ( CPOG ) reg
    2 bubba kush x white widow reg
    2 bubba kush reg

And I think I'm forgetting 1 or 2 but that most of em

And the seeds on there way
    Cali connect Purple chem 6 Fem
    Cali connect Budda tahoe OG 6 Fem 
    Cali connect Green crack Fem 1
    Cali connect Corelene kush Reg 1
    Cali connect Ailen OG Fem 1
    Ultimate Purple , (The Purps ' Purple Urkle, Grand Daddy Purple, Grape Ape, SR71 Purple Kush) 6 Fem
    Emarld triangle seeds Super Sour OG Fem 1

Got them under a 400 w Sunmaster Blue cool deluxe MH with digital ballast . Once they all need a transplant they'll all
    Be moved to 2-3 gal container for now with EWC , Promix BX , Perlite , kelp , alfafa , and glacial rock dust . Might pick up some lime / oyster shell before transplant aswell . Ill water them in with some veganic special sauce and Slight little bit dose of Bio Ag Ful Humix . Got a compost tea brewer so I think they'll like the special sauce and humic acid . Any tips would be great , I got lots of ventilation for the 400 w going to pick up temp / humditiy reader in a bit . Canopy temp is probably around 74-76 F and I can put my hand right under the bulb and there's only a bit of heat , I'm using a bare bulb reflector , probably going to go and pick up a light shield idk it's this thing that helps reduce hot spots and spreads the light , my use for it mostly to reduce hot spots . Going to pick that up tommrow . Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

20. orered 1 kg of VAM Endo Mix by Bio ag along with some TM7 and Ful power Fulvic acid , Im gonna use the Vam endo Mix when i transplant , sprinkle on all rootballs then backfill , gonna make a tea with veganic special sauce and the tm7 wich is Humic acid with the 7 main Micro nutrients fermenated into the humic. any tips would be appreciated!