Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psychological Experiences with marijuana. (Opinions about dangers of marijuana)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by LunchLady, Jan 4, 2014.

1. #1 LunchLady, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
    Hey guys.. 

I've been smoking for half a year, I have very well knowledge about marijane and everything. But after researching the herb before and during use of it... I read about how it's safe and all, and all the information relating to marijuana being dangerous has a biased/non credible source.

Because ''killing braincells' is for elementary school, I want to hear other tokers and their opinions on what mari jane does to your brain.

Vape or not vaping, I still think it's doing something to my brain.

So after taking some college classes (not related/focused on marijuana at all), I started to research the brain and about the synapses and the neurotransmitters and receptors... bare with me...

Anyways.. I realized how after constant THC use, your receptors seem to dry out and eventually the pathways either disapear and you don't have as much as other people. Therefore your emotions are blank and dull. However I don't have credibility for this, so don't take my word. It's just from experiences and what other veteran/retired tokers have told me. Lots of my friends and family, after years of use, are starting to tell every close friend that you should be careful with it.

I haven't gone more than 2 weeks of smoking, but i'm thinking about a break. 

I get feelings of anxiety (close ones dying, especially people i toke with), my emotions are blank even weeks after use. I seem to never think of anything important. Whenever i'm in my house i just think (ok lights are on, sinks running). But I never have any thoughts about something different (Family, school, tv shows, etc). Will these go away?

For example, I never go into deep thoughts about things anymore. I just reach the surface and move on. 

My friends say you just gotta wait a month for the THC to be completely out of your system.. Will these symptoms go away? What are your experiences and thoughts. We all know there's something bad with marijane, but just what are those cons? Having too much of anything is bad for you, and of course - mari jane should have some problems. Sources will be appreciated.

2. Those receptors are maintain and rebuilt naturally and you can even expidiate the process with certian fatty acids like those found in fish oil.

Its all mental addiction, with that said if it affects your emotion that heavily you should consider cutting back or stopping altogether.

The fact is this plant has been prosecuted for a hundred years and only now are countries starting to do long term studies on the phsycological effects. Its mostly european countries that are leading the charge but Israel in particular has done alot of testing.

Practice focusing and meditation when you're stoned too. This will help.

3. Everything in life is a give and take. If the pro's of marijuana don't outweigh the con's for you, then you shouldn't smoke. Especially if it is messing with your emotions and thoughts. If the symptoms you described are truly caused by weed, then I would assume they would go away after a month of no smoking. If you still have the same problems, I think it would be safe to assume that something else is causing what you described.

It sounds like you are mildly depressed. Could it be? If so, find the root of the problem and confront it. If not, disregard. 

4. But don't you think if your receptors get so much activity from alot of THC (Say from dabs), don't you think it'd damage those receptors?

Anyways i'll fish oil! 

Any information on blank emotions for 1-2 weaks after last sesh?

5.  I guess i'll cut. I've smoke with my brother and it seems like all we talk about now is weed, dank-ness, etc. And it feels like it's moving us apart. Maybe it's just that i'm worried too much. I'll see and i'll post results on here.

Sources of experiences? You seem like you're trying, but don't know what you're talking about, at all. Of course having too much of anything is bad, but 'too much' is dependent upon what works for the goals you decide to set. 'Of course Mary Jane should have some problems'? Tell that to people with chronic pain. 'We all know there's something bad with mary jane'? What are you on about? There may be a(n unproven) psychological addiction, but that addiction is equivalent to a sugar or corn syrup addiction. Talked about a lot, but not proven and hasn't been tested enough to be proven as fact.

If you want to conduct that study, be my guest. But don't claim it as fact just yet.

Tell that to High Fructose Corn Syrup receptors. Or caffeine or sugar receptors. We stil lseem to function okay...

8. It does damage and knocks those receptors out of commision for awhile, thats how you build tolerance

http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html

Where do you usually smoke? I would expect blank emotions if you just sitting on your ass on a couch, go for a hike or something the next time you blaze

9. Well when I'm high, my thoughts are going 1000 mph, but all my thoughts are usually SOOO smart, but sooo pointless.

10. welcome to cloud 9

11. #11 LunchLady, Jan 4, 2014
    This is all my opinion. And i'm not talking about addiction. Sources of experiences? My source is my life, because in my life i experienced it. However i'm all stating opinions and I'm just looking for what everyone else thinks.

Sure marijuana has good properties to those who have chronic pain.. But there's always sideaffects or a catch. 

If you want me to list the most obvious dangers of marijuana that preschoolers learn.
    1. Bronchitis. (this is the easiest one, how would you not know. A poster with 11k posts on a marijuana forum should know this one ffs)
    2. anxiety (varies for alot of people)
    3. etc

Of course there's dangers of marijuana, and of course there are medicinal properties. 

HOWEVER, i haven't told you that I use it medicinally too (So now my opinions aren't biased, i'm just looking for what other people experience or feel). I just keep asking my doctor and he says 'you should be fine with moderation'

" "We all know there's something bad with mary jane' "? What are you on about?"
    Well if you weren't high, you'd know marijuana has some dangers, and alot of medicinal properties. However, you're not following the point.

You think i'm declaring some kinds of facts.. But i'm really just looking for opinions, and giving mine of what are some dangers of marijuana.

If you are one of those people who say 'oh yeah marijuana 100% natural all good for you' then you have no idea what you're on about.

I love smoking weed, however as much as I love doing it, I despise some parts BECAUSE, look on the web, there's either no evidence, or just complete bullshit. In the next few years after universities and other corporations research marijuana, we'll have to wait till the the solid evidence comes,

till then we're out in the blue. Remember to re-read my original thread, because you have the wrong idea.

12. Yeah but the day after and after your thoughts are blank like you drank

13. #13 redeyedryan, Jan 4, 2014
    From my experience I only used to get those emotionally dead after effects when I either smoked way too much, had a really awkward experience with people I didn't know or if I smoked a lot by myself for a while and got bored shitless.Really it's just mind over matter, think about things differently and you'll be more likely to have a more positive outlook.Also, don't just sit around mong-like every time you sesh.Engage in some interesting conversation, watch a documentary you're interested in, chuck on some music with either heavy, meaningful lyrics or some purely blissful and carefree lyrics and uplifting beats.Basically just do things most times you get high rather than completely monging out and things'll be more enjoyable and memorable.Also, taking fish oils etc along with everything I just mentioned should almost guarantee an improvement in how you feel.EDIT: accidentally hit send

14. Sounds good man  :bongin:

15. Bronchitis? Anxiety? Etc?

I don't think you and I can successfully communicate. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.

Mobile reppin

16. I get anxiety when smoking and for about a year it got really bad. This past year I've worked on managing it though. Normally it starts with your thought process so stop thinking about whatever it is. Control your breathing to slow your heart rate! That's a huge one for me. I noticed my heart would be racing for no reason so I just focus on my breathing to control it and it makes me feel normal again. If that doesn't work then (don't laugh) but I'll slap myself here and there. Like a nice good one to the face like a "chill the f out you're an idiot for stressing over nothing". It doesn't feel good but it's a quick way to get a bad thought out imo haha.

But yeah I see what you mean about the pointless conversations and what not. I'm getting to that point with my roommate now. We just drift farther apart to the point where I question whether or not I even like him any more. It's not that he does anything bad but I feel like we've reached the extent of our friendship like there's nothing left to talk about or learn about him.

17. #17 solarhitz, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    I've smoked daily for almost 3 years now, as a result I am much more calm and feel more emotionally mature. THC simply mimics anandamide in the brain, and THC will not burn out the different kinds of cannabinoid receptors in the brain. If you feel emotionally dead or empty, it is because you are suffering from depression, excessive stress, anxiety, etc. Remember, substances are substances, they aren't magic, they won't change your real feelings. If your public life (school, work, non-smoker friends, etc) is maintained well, the rest of your life will fall into place.

18. Dude use a vaporizer if you can, anyways smoking makes you inhale co2 some people are most resitint to smoking some others arent. But imo the most important thing of smoking weed, is keeping a shchedule and eating all the right meals and stuff.

The clouded state its goin to be there if you smoke daily, whern you dont smoke you feel your mind foggy but at least for me that i have add helops me focus better on things withoyut being nervous. Okay your brain wont function 100% but you just have to get used to it.
    Some guitar players cant even play sober no more hahaha.