4000w DWC Autoflower -Think Different and Others

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by tokenginger, Jan 4, 2014.

1. So the Candy Kush already has long hairs. Just passed the 3 week mark from sprout so thats definitely not what Im used to. Biodiesel is also showing the hairs. The Think Differents Im only assuming will start showing shortly as well...Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Another shot of some stellar growth from the think different and biodiesel is noding up nicely.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. #23 snoopdog6502, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    You will enjoy the autos they grow way fast. im not sure if I want to do photo period plant indoors anymore. Save them for outside.

4. So even though the autos have been flowering for almost a week, Im just now switching to flower nutes. Dumb decision on my part to procrastinate because the larger plants are already showing deficiency. Nothing terrible, but i know they werent happy the second I saw them. So raised the water level an inch and ill see how they look in the morning.

Nutes being added to the regular veg recipe:

Green Planet Massive
    Big Bud (powder)
    Carboload

The Massive is only at half strength for the next couple weeks but ill kick it up as I feel the plants can handle without shock. BB and Carboload are already at full strength.

Plants are at 2.4 EC(1600ppm) and continue to climb happily ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Cant wait to see how this turns out

6. #26 tokenginger, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Ill get pics up tonight but looking like the autos prefer thinner nutes. My photoperiods are still climbing but my autos are peaking at 2.5ec. Pulling back on their supplements and upping the bases a little.

7. So second photo is Critical(photoperiod) at 22 days. Bottom shot is Candy Kush at 36 days. Shes been flowering for about 3ish weeks.

Attached Files:

8. Love the group shot, looking good.

9. Subbed. Last grow was insane ginger! Looking good.

10. So first pic is Think Different only 6 hours after I bent it, the tip has already turned back up. A little impressed there. Second pic is Candy Kush chuggin along nicely. Last is my own personal lol of the Candy Kush at 3.8 EC(2660 ppm) and looking perfect.

Side note I sprouted 2 more Bubba Kush seeds and a Royal Queen Flower Power(Another free seed Im trying for S's and G's). Popped them in the cubes last night and into tge buckets this morning.

Ive been trying to run my typical nute regiment but without H2O2 and it looks to finally be catching up with me. Adding my small dosage to clean some stuff up.

PH -
    Raises about 0.2/Day on the photoperiods
    Drops about 0.1/Day on the autoflowers
    Up/down them back to 6.0 each afternoon

EC.
    Fresh veg nutes start around 2.3 and hang around there.
    Fresh flower nutes start at 4.0 and drops as they drink. Ill probably let them swing upwards of 4.5ish.

Water temp - 68-70
    Room temp - 68-80
    Co2 - 1500 ppm
    Humidity - 40-50%

Attached Files:

11. Havent updated in a while but things are chugging along nicely. After a little over a week of LST I realized it was only going to get more difficult so I spread them out and stuck them under screens. At just over 6 weeks right now and no complaints other than a small pocket of black death in one of the bubbas roots. Fighting it with H2O2 and winning. Things are a little more spaced out than Id prefer(safe electricity if I could) but once the screens go in youre sort of stuck where youre at.

Ph is 6.0 +/- .2
    Flower EC is 4.0(dont try this at home)
    Veg plants are at 3.3 EC.
    Water temp is 70-72
    Room temp is 71-80
    Humidity 41-53%

Attached Files:

12. sexy grow room!

13. My Critical is all 9 point leaves. Sexiest lady in the tent right now and shes not even flowering lol

14. Havent posted in forever but things are running good. Its mostly just me doing all the tending this go around so been a little too busy.

Currently sexing the bubba seeds before going through the cloning process.

Also starting on setting up a second tent finally. 2 x 1000w 8x4 tent for a second crop.

Some pics of the Candy Kush and Biodiesel. Candy is about 1-2 weeks from harvest and Biodiesel isnt much further beyond that.

Mixed feelings about the autos. They require a dif nute mix to be happy which took some learning... the photoperiod critical, bubba and flower power are on my typical regime and going great. May end up sticking with photoperiods in the end. I just like that control over the transition. Plus these auto seeds I got dont seem to have the crossbreeding locked very well. They grow so different from each other...

Perfect example is the candy kush in the photo stopped growing entirely right after it started flowering so its just this little plant with HUGE buds... the other 3 react typically. Same thing with the Think Different... The biodiesel looks good however its just a real stretchy plant in general and even with scrog its a bit of a waste of space.

Attached Files:

15. New 4x8 tent installed.

-2 x 1000w Quantum dimmable ballasts.
    -2 x Hydrofarm Mondo Hoods
    -Autopilot 4 way light controller
    -8" duct reduced down to a 6" Active -Air fan for hood venting/circulation
    Same 5 ton AC direct cools the tent like my 10x10.

Also set up new cloning equip. 6 bulb setup. Have two bubba clones in for sexing purposes.

Plan is to move the mothers into the 4x8 and flip to flower after i screen em and lollipop/clone em.

Candy trics are getting cloudy so any day now ill chop em.

Attached Files:

16. New tent fits like a glove!

Attached Files:

17. I am one big jar of jelly, my friend! Well done!

Tell us what you are loving about the set up now!

18. #38 tokenginger, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    Not the electric bill thats for damn sure lol.

The fact i can veg plants and flower at the same time is pretty amazing. The mothers will be in the small tent, under a scrog while the clones are vegging then eventually flowering in the big tent.

The nice thing here is i can get a 6-8 week jump on the next grow by starting the veg in the smaller tent next round. Means im harvesting every 10 weeks.

19. goddamnit im so jealous of that grow room.

20. Itll look so much nicer after i get these autos out and fill it back up with some bushy photoperiods ;)