Best vape for 200. (New to vaporizers)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mcc23, Jan 3, 2014.

1. #1 mcc23, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
    It seems that the  Solo, MFLB, EQ,  etc are the most popular ones around... I'm curious as to what one would be best for 1.stealth (moreso odor than size) 2.quality of hit 3. $ 4. maintenance/ease of use. Thanks guys

2. I personally own the Puffit vape and find it fits me perfectly.

I got the black one, so it looks almost exactly like an inhaler. I've used it in public quite a few times with no consequences, and it only cost $240 I believe.

Easy to use, rechargeable anywhere, and stealthy to boot, I'd recommend this one. Or the PAX, but that looks like a vape instead of an inhaler, so more suspicious I guess.

3. Check out the Pinnacle Pro. You can find em for around $200. Apparently they hit pretty big and are very stealthy. Smaller than the Pax or the Solo.

4. Is it safe to say that ones going for ~$130 from other sites are possibly fake?

5. There is the standard Pinnacle and then there is the Pinnacle Pro, which is an updated/ upgraded version of the original Pinnacle.

You are probably looking at the original Pinnacle. It's a great little vape too, it just doesn't have the extra features and refinement of the Pro version.

The cheapest place I've seen the Pro is on Ebay from a seller who's name is something like TheYoYoKid. He's an authorized Vaporblunt distributor, very solid reputation on the FC forums.

6. I like the EQ because I can get clouds of vapor, has a 3 fan settings (very helpful for vapor bonging or using bags), is digital (though the temp gauge is abit off espically if you 'elbow' pack), can easily hookup to a standard 18.8 joint for tasty vape-bong action, can do both bags and whips, and it looks very sleek.

7. #7 mcc23, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm still going to do more comparisons before making a decision. The Ascent Davinci  seems to be similar in price as the Pinnacle Pro. Is it true that vapes can make your bud last nearly twice as long in comparison to joints/blunts

8. [quote name="mcc23" post="19276453" timestamp="1388799452"]Thanks for the replies guys. I'm still going to do more comparisons before making a decision. Is it true that vapes can make your bud last nearly twice as long in comparison to joints/blunts[/quote]i own the davinci. Compared to even bowls (pipes) they make it easily last 2x longer. Since joints and blunts are more wasteful I would assume 2x easy.

9. #9 lwien, Jan 4, 2014

They can, but what kind of vaporizer you are using can make a big difference. 

Case in point.    When I went from joints, pipes and bongs to my VaporGenie, my consumption was cut in half.  When I went from my VaporGenie to my Purple Days, it was cut in half again.   when I went from my Purple Days to my LSV, my consumption increased about 30%.

Regarding the DaVinci Ascent, it's a GREAT tasting vape with a beautiful form factor, but efficiency is not it's strong suite mainly because it's primarily conduction based.     For those that are not that interested in efficiency but more interested in great tasting vapor both with herbs and oils, the Ascent with it all glass air path is an excellent choice.

10. I've been reading that convection is the way to go.

11. #11 CuseSmoker94, Jan 4, 2014
    Although you are looking in the 200 dollar range, (As i was too), after trying my friends Pax vaporizer, i was sold! You can find it for 250-300 dollars, depending on if you look at your local smokeshop or purchase it directly from Pax.

Comes in a variety of colors, doesnt look like something you would smoke out of to the average everyday non-toker,  and gives great hits with 3 temps to control how much vapor.

Rechargeable, battery lasts forever!

ploom-pax-vaporizer-xl.jpg

Hope this information helped!

CuseSmoker

12. #12 lwien, Jan 4, 2014

In a desktop vape, yeah.    It's a lot harder and more expensive to produce a portable that is 100% convection simply because of the power requirements.   The FireFly seems to be one that is working quite well though, but it's price reflects that.

What I don't like about the Pax is that it is 100% conduction that is ALWAYS on.   What I mean by that is that it is constantly cooking your herb as it's reaching operating temp, as well as in between hits and as it's cooling down once you turn it off.   This causes a few things.    One is the loss of efficiency in that your herb is constantly being cooked.  Second is the smell for the same reasons.   And third is the need to constantly clean it for the same reasons.

Not all conduction vapes have this problem though.    The MFLB is also conduction based, but the heat is instant on and instant off and is only applied to the bud when you are in the act of hitting it.    Big difference.    Convection based vapes operate in much the same way.   The only time the herb in my LSV gets heated up is when I'm in the act of hitting it.

13. PD is one of the most efficient vapes, imo.

extreme q is fantastic, if you don't care about size/placement.

mflb, while an awesome device and i love it still... is truly a thing of the past now. better, stealthy vapes and pens are available now. 

14. Yeah, the PD is probably the vape that made me conserve weed more than any BY FAR. If I get the funds I'm buying another...if I can find it.

If you find one, snatch it up. They really are incredible, efficient vapes. I had to sell mine because I wasn't even in the same country as it before but I really miss it.

I own the Cloud EVO now which is probably the best extractor I've used, but it basically extracts everything in a few hits due to it's power. The PD gave surprisingly big hits with a FUCKING TINY ASS BOWL. I could make a dub last a week without a problem and be ripped as shit after just a couple bowls.

Might need to start searching for one again...fuck. 

15. ^^ LOL.   Yeah.   I've had sellers remorse ever since I sold mine.   I know of no other vape that can provide 5 satisfying hits from a mere 0.025gr.

16. And what does "PD" stand for?

17. da buddha. if youre going portable get the solo.

Purple Days.   They are no longer being made.

19. Well, it doesn't have to be tiny because I'll be vapin in my own room anyways. If the PD saves that much bud and gives incredible rips, then it may be the route for me...

20. [quote name="emf3rd" post="19275741" timestamp="1388789486"]I personally own the Puffit vape and find it fits me perfectly.I got the black one, so it looks almost exactly like an inhaler. I've used it in public quite a few times with no consequences, and it only cost $240 I believe.Easy to use, rechargeable anywhere, and stealthy to boot, I'd recommend this one. Or the PAX, but that looks like a vape instead of an inhaler, so more suspicious I guess.[/quote]the puffit is garbage and worth around 40-50$... normally I wouldnt hate on any device but im sorry, it is a horrible vaporizer and should not be recommended, either get a pax, solo, or extreme q for around 200 on ebay