Is this bullshit or what? People dying from mj overdoses

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Old School Smoker, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you can not die from mj....i smoked more then an oz in one day plus eddibles plus dab's....

2. Wtf? Okay so I guess you can overdose working out that raisds your heart rate too. If you can't work out you can't smoke weed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. There are many threads pertaining to these fake articles

4. #125 Carne Seca, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014

You really should read the articles you provide before posting them.  

Studies have systematically examined associations of cannabis use to cardiovascular disease outcomes using epidemiological methods that provide quantitative estimates of the risk of disease associated with marijuana use. Sidney et al. [15], reported on the relationship of marijuana use to mortality in a cohort of 65,171 men and women ages 15 through 49 years who completed self-administered research questionnaires on tobacco, cannabis, and alcohol use from mid-1979 through 1985 [21]. Follow-up for mortality was conducted through December 31, 1991 (mean=10 years of follow-up). The risk of circulatory disease death, myocardial infarction, all coronary heart disease, stroke, and all cardiovascular disease was neither increased nor decreased by cannabis use relative to nonuse of cannabis.  Rodondi et al. [22], used 15 years of longitudinal data from 3,617 black and white young adults participating in the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study, to assess whether marijuana use was associated with caloric intake, Body Mass Index (BMI), and cardiovascular risk factors. In multivariate analysis, the associations between marijuana use and systolic blood pressure and triglycerides disappeared, having been mainly confounded by greater alcohol use in marijuana users. The authors concluded that although marijuana use was not independently associated with cardiovascular risk factors, it was associated with other unhealthy behaviors, such as high caloric diet, tobacco smoking, and other illicit drug use, which all have longterm detrimental effects on health

The above studies did not prove the role of chronic cannabis smoking as an independent risk factor for cardiovascular events. However, the possibility of cannabis use serving as a trigger for an acute cardiovascular event may exist. 

The articles you post admit there is no direct correlation.  In numerous studies this has been shown.  You're full of shit, sir.  

5. pussy!

Touche!

Thanks BKS........This thread has been debated to hell and back and it has outlived it's usefulness.

Chunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.