Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Prices of recreational MJ in Colorado

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cadejo, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Wait a minute.

Isn't this a CO state regulated product?

My bottle of Jim Beam is always the same price(unless it's on sale). Why should weed price flucuate so much?

2. Just do your research on the strain and ask your dealer, in CO he will most likely get it for half of the current dispensary price. 

3. [quote name="ReturnFire333" post="19268280" timestamp="1388681611"]Prices will go down as the hype goes down. Just like videos games on release you pay $60, a year later you pick the same game out of the bargain bin.[/quote]Wow we agree on something. See how the world works.

4. [quote name="ReturnFire333" post="19268280" timestamp="1388681611"]Prices will go down as the hype goes down. Just like videos games on release you pay $60, a year later you pick the same game out of the bargain bin.[/quote]Not the same thing. At all

5. If you wanna know for sure about strains you will pay a lot more. The dispensaries with the lower priced products are the ones that don't know anything...like what strains they have. If you pay 1990's prices you can be sure. 

And buying from a dealer has not be doggy in CO for years. 

Its a real shame we have a vertical production system (dispensaries grow their own) because the owners are not the best growers and the best growers are not the best business men. 

6. Not regulated i that way....it is a free market war. 

Last year the regulation body confessed they could not even count all the dispensaries, let alone monitor them. 

I think many of the dispensaries are on the verge of failure (down 40% since 2008/9) because they have been out competed by better growers and better marketing and deeper pockets. The ones that remain know that a tidal wave of money is coming if they can hold out a bit longer. Knowing that they will do ANYTHING to keep the doors open, including selling $99 ounces (that may have avid, floromite, eagle 20 residue on it) because those deals help them get more patients. Patient count is what determines the max potential value of the biz.   

Some are in this desperate situation and others are already extremely successful.  

7. It said in the paper yesterday that 100's of people waited in 3 hour lines to buy $25 grams (IN STATE PATIENTS) and $35 grams for out of state rec users.

LMFAO! My neighbor sells $25 eighths and has not had 100 customers since June. 

8. I think these price threads are getting kind of crazy. I totally understand where everyone is coming from, If you can get the same product for cheaper then why not.That extra money is going to the state thats allowing this to happen though! And on top of that this law has been active for TWO days. Show some appreciation for the great state of Colorado and support your local shop, even if its not all the time.

9. #29 Cadejo, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
    Yeah, thats what I said on my other post. Buying from them is supporting the cause. Prices kind of suck, but like you said, even if it's not all the time still support them. 

I'm just happy this is happening here in CO. Love this place. I hope the movement keeps on moving forward. 

10. I don't have a problem paying a little more and supporting the dispensaries right now.

They have been the ones doing the work and dealing with the red tape and helping to make this happen.  You bet I'll support them.

It's like buying organic produce.  Yes, it's more expensive- even more expensive than it should be.  But that's how we are going to make history- but walking this road and seeing how it plays out.  Prices will come down.  

We all have a connection outside of the retail dispensaries.  It's not about being able to get your hands on it.  It's about playing by the rules so that this trend can spread and we can share the wealth with other states.

Plus, the shit I got at the dispensary is the best shit I've ever had.  If I can keep getting ridiculously high quality weed in a safe and legal environment, AND be part of changing history, sign me up.

11. [quote name="HPG" post="19275007" timestamp="1388779576"]I don't have a problem paying a little more and supporting the dispensaries right now.They have been the ones doing the work and dealing with the red tape and helping to make this happen. You bet I'll support them.It's like buying organic produce. Yes, it's more expensive- even more expensive than it should be. But that's how we are going to make history- but walking this road and seeing how it plays out. Prices will come down. We all have a connection outside of the retail dispensaries. It's not about being able to get your hands on it. It's about playing by the rules so that this trend can spread and we can share the wealth with other states.Plus, the shit I got at the dispensary is the best shit I've ever had. If I can keep getting ridiculously high quality weed in a safe and legal environment, AND be part of changing history, sign me up.[/quote] Exactly

12. Honestly 40-50$ 1/8th of dank isn't bad. And im a medical patient in california. I always pay 40$ for top shelf dank. 

13. Agreed!

14. I heard they were selling ounces for $500 because the demand is so high

15. #35 bioguy, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    First off, basic economics says that legalized = less expensive! We have 1000's of historical examples. Legalized + uncontrolled greed + insane government policies = higher prices.

Many stores are charging $100 an eighth!  The Kine Mine in Idaho Springs told my friend $100 1/8th for everyone no matter what. Even if he signed them over his plant count and has been their patient for years. He gave them his plant count when they had $30 eights and now they want $100 (shatter went from $30 to $75 a gram)! They called the cops (or threatened...not sure) when he demanded his 6 plants be taken out of their stock and his paper work returned. 

This is not a price that "supports the industry" or "creates state revenue"! it is American Capitalism at its worst and it continues to promotes a black market that does not support the industry or state. The most disgusting part is these same businesses lobbied for years to get/keep MMJ licenses based on how compassionate they were.

Of course it will mellow with time but I see NO REASON to support these D bags just because they got lucky and scored the first few licenses. 

Last year it was, "we love our patients so much but the state is in the way of their medicine" now they say, "show me the money...and get out". 

16. Can't argue with that!

17. The cheapest eighth ive seen round here(MA) is 45 and the most expensive was 60. Stop complaining.

18. Yeah prices will definitely drop. Especially when it starts getting legalized in more states throughout years (yes I said WHEN. As alcohol and cigs are legal, weed will be too) , prices will be crazy good; better than you will have ever paid on black market. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum