One hitter vs bowl?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by geje47, Jan 2, 2014.

1. #1 geje47, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
    Which one is better?

In terms of
    - Highness
    -Tolerance
    - Smell
    - Storage
    - Convenience

I have an average sized glass bowl pipe.
    AND by one hitter, I mean just the metal bat. I don't have a dugout. 

All replies are appreciated!

2. A common misconception is that different smoking devices will affect how high you get. This is not the case, well not exactly. In the case of comparing a one hitter with a bowl, they are both combustion methods therefore not much is different. However, with a bowl you can pack much more weed into it so you can get bigger hits. This makes them arguably better in terms of highness. That you can put more weed in it means that it also can produce more of a smell. This, however, just depends on what kind of weed, how quickly you burn it, and the atmosphere of the room, so to speak. Both are extremely easy to store due to their small size and both are convenient. One hitters have an advantage to where they make some that look like cigarillos or cigarettes so you can use them while walking down the street and get away with it. 

I'm not sure what you mean by tolerance here? That is all dependent on how much/ how often you smoke. 

So to sum up:

- Highness: Bowl, you get more per hit but other wise they would be equal
    -Tolerance: Depends on how often and how much you smoke
    - Smell: Both combust so they would produce the same amount of smell in proportion to the amount of weed you are burning.
    Storage: Both easy to store
    - Convenience: Both convenient, one hitters are a little more easy to disguise
    \nIf you are looking for storage tips read this, also share your ideas:
    http://dothemaryjane.blogspot.com/2013/12/storage.html
    \n[​IMG]

I actually think i understand what you mean a little better than the other guy does (no offence) its just a perspective issue. i have about six glass spoons a chill-um and a steam roller and some bigger ones that dont really apply ill post some pics in terms
    -highness a bowl , it would take more effort/ time etc... to keep loading a bat over and over
    -tolerance a bat would be better because you can better control how much weed you use per sesh
    (an exact amount it takes to get high) where as you could be loading more than you need depending on the bowl
    smell- bat, a bowl collects a hell of alot more resin and gets so much stinkier 
    -storage obviously unless its a chill-um a bat is easier to hide
    -convenience really depends on the person for you it could be more convenient to smoke a bat because its smaller more compact easier to dip and load/ where as i prefer a bowl because of the hassle of reloading the bat over and over again  

4. Here are my pieces not big ones just dry ones

Attached Files:

5. One hitters actually get me higher than bowls, I think because the smoke is hotter so it moves in your lungs more or something? It may just be me. Im usually good off like 4-5 one hitter packs and I have those little cigarette looking ones.

Bad part is they get clogged easy af and also the res juice can sometimes go in your mouth and it taste so fucking bad

6. One hitters get me higher on less. The high lasts longer too since you can stretch out your stash. Get the quartz bats (1% got them).
    Smell = nihil, convenience 10/10 if you are alone or with two. You'll have to clean them on a regular base otherwise they are harsh.
    Storage: only papers are less suspicious.

I'm a bit of a minimalist an about to ditch my pipes. My onehitter/dugout stays with me.

I agree. For the last several months I've been using the cigarette-type one-hitters and they tend to get me pretty high for a while, not to mention my stash lasts a lot longer. I didn't receive any results like that while using a regular bowl (glass or metal).

8. -Highness: I'd have to say a bowl, only because one hit off a bowl is bigger than a hit off a one hitter and it's not such a pain in the ass to smoke a lot of weed in a bowl as it is with a one hitter.
    -Tolerance: One hitter. Less weed per hit.
    -Smell: One hitter. Bowls can get real stanky if you don't clean it.
    -Storage: One hitter. Both are small, but a one hitter can literally go in a pocket or a wallet. Bowls are a little harder to hide.
    -Convenience: Bowl. You fill up a bowl and you can get a bunch of hits off it. One hitter is, well, only one hit.