GUIDE to Vaporizers that DO NOT LEAK and emit SMELLS or odors

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by what2123, Jan 2, 2014.

1. #1 what2123, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    Vaporizing is currently the best way to having less of an emitting odor. 

As many of you have all smoked your fair share of weed, some of us must be discrete about it. Sure we can exhale into a smokebuddy, but it doesn't prevent the actual vaporizer unit from still leaking and emitting the smell during or after use.

My reason for discreetness is because I live in a dorm...and if I get caught, then I get kicked out.

So please, help me and others find the best and most discrete vaporizing system that does not leak!

The vaporizers listed below are categorized based on everyones similar conclusion. 90% of users come to the same conclusion. Let everyone know if you agree or disagree, or maybe I categorized it wrong.

My hope is to keep getting private messages, or replies to this post and add to this list.

Thanks and happy vaping!

Legend:
    portable=p
    desktop=d

1. Odourless and doesn't leak!:
    -da buddha(d)
    -vaporwarez(d)
    -silver surfer (d)

2. Semi odourless somehow?:
    -palm 2.0 by vaporblunt (p)
    -thermovape (p)
    -vapir NO2 (p)

3. Odor ONLY when vaporizer is in use:
    -solo (on 5-7) (p)
    -mflb (p)
    -inhalater xp (p)
    -pinnacle pro(p)

-natural goods vaporizer (d)
    -volcano(d)

4. Odor ONLY when vaporizer is cooling down after being used:
    -Non Yet! Please let me know!

5. Odor when vaporizer is in use and while it is cooling down:
    -Pax by Ploom

6. Good vapes that we do not know if they smell or not, please let us know:
    -Vapir Rise

PS. Maybe we can get a mod to sticky this somewhere?

2. My mflb is entirely odorless, although im not a huge fan of the unit itself.

3. My vape should be here within 24 hours so i'll contribute too this thread when i get my personal one. I have vaped before and from what i noticed you get a slight smell when you exhale, but i noticed no other smells.

4. To cut the smell the most Vape decarbed oil, it loses terps in the decarb process, the smell molecules aka terpenes.

5. Get a smoke buddy. 

No vape is odourless . Not even the MFLB.

This.

The atmos burns your material, how is it odorless?

7. The arizer solo would be classified as seminoderless. Depending on what temp. You set it as. Temps 1-4 would be odoorless and 5-7 def has a burnt popcorn ahole smell. But would be fine with a mere window open. Dude if you are vaping at college go sit in someone's car for ten mins. It won't smell the car and my vape looks like a black red bull with a straw. Light a cig if your super sketched out

8. #9 lwien, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014

The quote above is entirely bull shit.

9. Palm 2.0: odorless/slight odor when in use (takes about 5 seconds to heat up)

10. I can smell the weed coming from my solo before it even reaches temp level 2 even before I have hit it while its heating up. 

I dont see how the solo, a hybrid vape, comes even close to order less. 

11. No vape is entirely odourless. They just emit less odour so it's easier to cover it up.

12. #13 Galaxy420, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
    a conduction based vape like basically all portables will smell more during use because they require the bowl that the herb sits in to stay heated thereby constantly cooking the herb to a degree. a convection style vape like a desktop unit will not smell as much when in use because the herb does not sit cooking in a heated bowl but rather the heat is pulled from the heater core up through the herb from below the bowl and only cooks the herb when you provide the draw so the smells go into your airways only to smell when you exhale.

there is a new portable vape called the firefly that is supposed to be a convectiopn portable so maybe less smell there. the launch box gets smelly later after use because the oils from the herb soak into the wood and emit wooden herb smell.

13. I can rate those that I have observed firsthand:

Solo - "semi odorless". Slight smell when it is heating, but it is often difficult to detect.
    Thermovape T1 - "semi odorless". Smells very little or not at all when in use (actually less than the Solo), but can combust and cause very strong odor.
    MFLB - "semi odorless". Smells very little when in use, but can combust and cause very strong odor.
    Inhalater XP - "odor when in use". Strong odor when heating, mild odor during use.
    Pinnacle Pro - "odor when in use". Strong odor when heating, mild odor when in use.
    Pax - "odor when in use". Strong odor when heating, mild odor when in use.

I can't classify any of them as "odor when cooling down". For the vapes listed above, if you turn them off before you finish drawing your last hit you can eliminate odor when the units cool down.

14. Mflb has the burnt popcorn smell too. But be careful it can combust and start to smoke. 

If you are worried about vaping you should be worried about the stank of the dank in the bag too man. Or even when packing it. I think that smells more than vaping

15. #16 what2123, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the feedback so far! I reworded my post so you can all understand what I mean by it not leaking and having ANY odor and smell.

For me, I'm still investigating and trying to figure out the best PORTABLE vaporizer that doesn't leak and has REALLY THICK VAPOR. Unfortunately I can't conceal a desktop vaporizer like all you lucky people lol.

It looks like the palm 2 by vaporblunt seems to be the best one I can see...

16. The new FireFly puts out some nice clouds as well and leaking is not an issue, primarily because it is working on convection.   That and it looks like it's built like a tank.

17. The MFLB smells more than the Palm 2.0 in my experience

18. #19 hitops, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I don't know how to best answer this question... Depending on the vaporizer used & its construction. If your in confined quarters aka no air moment or if your outside. That all plays a big role in smell all vapes smell. I think it has the most to do with temp setting type of vaporizer used & direction of exhaled vapor also accounting for the existence of air moment or no air moment in a room. I can say lower temps & given the fact vapor dissipates much much faster then smoke along with it's smell. It also wont travel in the air like smoke will more then say 5 feet thats subject to temp tho. Not at the low temps herb vapes can use. It won't stick to things or linger like smoke from cigarettes do or combusting herb. I guess if that makes any sense is my answer to the OP. My advice for what you want to do is use a cover sent. If the person your trying to hid it from is in the room with you forget it. Outside that's another story you could be talking to em & vaping if temp is set right no one would be the wiser unless they get in kissing range of you lol. I don't notice many vapes emitting smell when cooling down at a given distance. I think they all do however but you have to put your nose within 7 inches of it in my experience. Once cold can't smell unless nose is right in it to it. That's on a vape that leaks like hell to.