spots on leaves, black tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by benys, Jan 2, 2014.

1. hey gc forums,

i'm a pretty avid googler/search button user, but im not sure if i should be worrying too much or not as i cant find anything on these spots.

i'm a first time grower and have recently put my plants into the ground.

[​IMG]       [​IMG]

the first of them is growing well however the other has strange spots as you can see here.

[​IMG]

i planted the plants in the ground 5-7 days ago, i haven't been counting days.
    i'm pretty sure the plant was fine until yesterday/today, it rained yesterday for maybe 2 hours total and it wasn't too heavy.

i've got no idea of what is happening but had assumed it was something to do with the soil.
    i did a ph test and results were around 7, so i'm unsure as to whether it is the soil.

there are also black tips appearing occasionally. at first i thought this was due to heat but yet again, i'm unsure.

[​IMG]

last of all, there's a bit of yellowing on some of the new stems coming out

[​IMG]

(sorry about the focus on this one, iphone was being stupid)
    i'm assuming this baby just needs some nitrogen.
    i've thought to myself that if worst possible case.. i can transplant it back into a pot, bring it inside and clone the top (top seems to look alright) as a backup plan.

is anyone able to shed some light on what might be causing the spots and the black tips?

2. I can't tell you a whole lot because it looks like you took those pics with a potato. Yellowing on new growth from the base of the stem out is a iron/zinc deficiency. It sounds like you need some micro nutrients. What kind of soil are you in?

3. i know, i the quality is horrid but left my phone cord at work so lost quality in transferring..
    its about a 1/3 mixture of organic potting soil, sprinkle of dolmite lime and the rest was just the dirt that was there, have succesfully planted a few trees there in the past but i killed off all the weeds there about 4 months ago and this is the first thing to go in since

4. correct me if i am wrong, but unless this is an auto. isn't it the incorrect time of year to be planting outside?  Assuming your in the northern hemisphere.

Could easily be wrong, never grown ANYTHING outdoors(will be starting a 8x4ft raised bed this spring)

5. #5 BluntMasterBen, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
    You didn't lose quality... the camera is just focused on the ground instead of the plant.

He must be somewhere warm. No way anyone would be planting outside in january if it was cold hah

6. kept trying to focus on the plants but as mentioned, iphone was being retarded.
    pictures were reduced in size due to method of upload!

southern hemisphere :)

7. Hold your finger on the screen on the spot you want it focused on until it starts flashing and you're good. Iphones take amazing pictures. I took this with an iphone and you can see the trichs clear as day if you zoom in. You can get a macro lens for an iphone for like 10 bucks on amazon and you can take super close ups. This was just with my normal iphone camera though.
    image.jpg