Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana In Illinois.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tokinsince2012, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Hey guys. I live in Illinois and its new years which means medical marijuana is now legal! Do any of you guys live in Illinois? When do you think it will be legal for recreational use? How do you think the prices will be affected when buying weed on the street? What else do you think will change?

2. Well since it is going to be SO regulated, I doubt any of the medically grown stuff will reach non card holders hands. This isn't a state that is going to allow patients to grow, or "caregivers". There are going to be state licensed grows, that are going to have heavy regulations on what is produced and where it goes. 

The list of ailments is pretty small, granted it favors the "most dependent" but it will not be easy for many people. Also even if you do qualify medically, any previous criminal charges such as drug or violence related crimes will disqualify you. 

It's a step... a small one but at least it is in the right direction. This year will be spent with close eyes on Colorado and Washington, if their results are positive I see more states going the route, but whether Illinois will step up sooner rather than later I do not know.

3. [quote name="liv33vil" post="19265287" timestamp="1388621927"]Well since it is going to be SO regulated, I doubt any of the medically grown stuff will reach non card holders hands. This isn't a state that is going to allow patients to grow, or "caregivers". There are going to be state licensed grows, that are going to have heavy regulations on what is produced and where it goes. The list of ailments is pretty small, granted it favors the "most dependent" but it will not be easy for many people. Also even if you do qualify medically, any previous criminal charges such as drug or violence related crimes will disqualify you. It's a step... a small one but at least it is in the right direction. This year will be spent with close eyes on Colorado and Washington, if their results are positive I see more states going the route, but whether Illinois will step up sooner rather than later I do not know. [/quote]i think that since medical marijuana will soon be available to patients with at least 1 the 60 illnesses required to have it, it will be possible for some of the weed to get into the hands of someone whos willing to sell it, making the supply and demand shift and lower the prices. Illinois is the 5th strictest state when it comes to marijuana. I feel like jt will be some time before it is fully legal.