Preparing for first ever grow. (PC Grow)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Ukukangu, Dec 31, 2013.

1. #121 kofidog, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    Good stuff, Uku! I'm starting a new grow shortly. My new beans have just cracked; I'll be planting them today, after getting rid of my gnat infested soil and cleaning out my box. Hoping this time around goes better...  :)

2. Did your other ladies not make it then? =[ Good luck with your new grow though, should be great after a clear out and hopefully you don't see any more damn gnats!

My girls looking..ok..(compared to how she has looked before)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As seen, another of her fan leaves seems to be curling up and dying...and nearly all others are yellowing/browning to some degree. Might cut off the ones that are really bad again...
    Not sure if it's just because of how stunted she is or if she needs a feeding now? I'm reluctant to feed as i think this is what started off the problems in the first place!

[​IMG]

Still, this is actually an improvement on what she has looked like during the past few weeks, thought for sure she was dead after I returned from my business trip and she was wilted and about 20% of the size she was before I left!

3. #123 kofidog, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    Hey Uku, unfortunately those previous seedlings didn't make it :cry: , but then it's all part of the learning process. I've got 2 new seedlings up now, and after using an organic insecticide I made up the other day and applying it, I haven't seen even 1 fungus gnat!! Keep fingers crossed! :hello:
    Regarding your little ones, have you posted those photos in the infirmary section of GC (Sick Plants?..)? Someone may have an idea of what caused the problem and what to do from here on out. There are so many knowledgeable people on GC who are willing to share their experience with others. I have had great support in the organics section. I'm lovin' it! You ought to pop in and lurk around a bit to see what's going on - it is really exciting stuff. :yay:

I forget - are you using a pc box for your grow? How far from the lights did you keep your seedlings?

Yeah, you do need to be careful about feeding nutes to such young plants, especially if they are not well. That's why I started organics - no need to worry about nutes, ph, etc.. you just start off with a good high quality organic soil mix, and from there, all you do is add water - finished. I've always been a fan of the KISS method! When you have a moment, check this out:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1033041-indoor-gardening-without-bottled-nutrients.html?p=14398728

4. Ah shame about your other seedlings, good luck with these ones! Glad you've had no trace of gnats this time...

I posted in sick plants thread a while ago (when I first had the problem pop up) and got no replies :/ and she's ~40 days old now.

5. uku i believe you should try another seed instead of this one.
    save your money and your time

6. #126 Ukukangu, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    Yeah I definitely agree with you, but I have limited options currently. I'm moving soon, at the end of the month, so I won't have enough time to start a new seed now. Just going to keep it going till the end just for the sake of growing something and then when I've moved I can start a new seed and hopefully do better.

7. #127 kofidog, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    When you moving Ukukangu? Please keep your journal going. :) By the way, I've started a new grow and so far I seem to have the fungus gnats under control. Keeping fingers crossed...

8. Moving at the end of this month, will keep it going till the end even though it's a failure! It's been 'fun' just growing something and hopefully I learn from the mistakes this time so next time is better.

Ah that's great news, really hope the gnats stay away for you! You thinking of starting a grow journal?

9. uku don't worry about a failed grow.the good news are that you are moving out... i wish i could too.
    if/when you plan a new grow try a female seed,put many watts on it and make your grow space as big as possible.
    of course if you have enough privacy.

10. Sorry to hear about your struggles, but your setup looks great! I'm a little late, but gunna sub anyway.

11. Yeah at least it was an experience. I enjoyed it as well :)

Ah thanks, yeah she's had it rough! But at least she made it to flowering heh.

I've moved now, and harvested her. Didn't weigh it but it was around ~3Gs so not much but I didn't expect much! I don't smoke much at the moment so that will probably last me a month. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow, even though she was tiny I thought she looked beautiful!

Will start a new grow soon(ish) :)

12. Hey Uku! You started a new grow yet?

13. Hey! Have actually started one a few days ago. Haven't managed to set up pc after moving so not been able to upload any pictures, hopefully do it soon.

New grow is in the same pc case, but am going to grow two photo plants in solo cups pretty much 12/12 from seed. Strains are white widow and Dr Chocolate I think.

How's your grow going so far? :) be interested to hear how you are getting on

14. Hey man, glad to hear the news. Well I've had to start again from scratch as those last seedlings died on me. I think it was due to the soil being too heavy and compacted. So this makes the 4th attempt at a grow since February. It's been quite a learning curb. I popped two beans about a week ago and put them in a simple mix of perlite, compost/ewc, some neem cake and a bit of lime. Plenty of aeration this time. Once the ladies are established and growing well they'll be transplanted into another mix I've got cooking at the moment, which should finish cycling in about 2 weeks. I'm determined to complete a grow!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app