Preparing for first ever grow. (PC Grow)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Ukukangu, Dec 31, 2013.

1. #21 Ukukangu, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    Hey, cheers for that! Was reading around last night and came to the conclusion it's probably alright for CFLs :)

Thinking I'll probably remove any cardboard I think I don't really need but some will stay as the Mylar on its own won't block much light aha

2. Hey @[member="Farmer4D"], slow progress as only able to work on it for an hour in the evening, work until 8 so doesn't leave much time. Although I have now got the walls / Mylar up in there, just need to get the power strip in and then the fans + wire them up and I'll be good to go! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. #24 RouxJr, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
  4. @[member="RouxJr"] Yeah will get some pictures up, all I need to do now is screw on the fans and wire them up!

5. How would you guys recommend I germinate my seed? Just straight in dirt or wet paper towel method?

6. i place the seeds in a small cup with warm(not hot) water for a day or two, covered and placed in a dark warm place. when it breaks i put it  in soil. if it doesn't break i will put it in towel covered again in a hot place until it does .

seeds to germinate need moisture,some heat and darkness.

7. #28 Ukukangu, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    @[member="Farmer4D"] What germination rate have you got with that? Sorta wish I bought 5 Auto blue mystic seeds but only have 1 so if I fuck it up I can't try again...

Also, do you plant in soil that has been watered or dry?

It's hard to fuck up. I've used the paper towel method and then planted after 36 hours or so even if no radicle is showing and I have a 100% success rate so far. If they don't pop they were probably never viable to begin with.

9. That's reassuring haha thanks, I've screwed on the fans just need to wire them up now. Going to pop the seed tomorrow I think! Will put pictures up of the case tomorrow as well, and will probably make a new grow journal thread. :)

10. #31 Ukukangu, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    It's starting to get to the exciting point now! Still have to wire up fans (Keep banging on about this haha) but have read a few guides and it seems pretty straightforward. Have taken a couple pictures of where I'm at with my case now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bottom right is passive intake with light trap on, top left is home-made carbon filter/exhaust and there will be another carbon filter / exhaust attached to the door that is currently off. Had a few problems with fitting everything in, it's a tiny space! But have made things smaller and compromised and seems to be good now.

Just hoping these carbon filters work! will also be using a ONA Pro block during flowering though so fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone that's helped with the set up so far, will be posting a grow journal when I plant my seed and will put link to it in here! =]

11. if you buy seeds you will have 99% success anyway .(shit happens) 
    i've tried to germinate some bagseeds and i had about 50%.
    when you place a germinated seed in the soil ,the soil must be wet and just put it 1cm deep.

buying feminized or automatic seeds is the best solution for succesed germination.

the pc growbox looks great. 

12. #33 Ukukangu, Jan 18, 2014
    Just wired up pc fans to Ac adapter and...nothing. No power to either fan :( very confused

Wired positive pc fan (red) to positive Ac adapter positive and negative to negative + wire nuts of both

13. Can you draw up what you've done, MS paint will do. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

14. Have to go out now, will post a quick picture when I'm back. Followed a few guides I've read so no idea why it hasn't worked...

15. [​IMG]

Both Red wires from each fan to the positive AC adapter wire, Both Black wires from each fan to the negative AC adapter wire. Even tried adding the yellow wires to the red wires aswell as I saw a post that said sometimes they need power for the fans to work but still nothing...Any ideas?

16. Had you confirmed the fans worked with the original wiring before splicing them open? Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

17. #38 Ukukangu, Jan 18, 2014
    No, they were both brand new though so would be odd that both don't work? I have another fan that I'm not currently using because it has an LED in it. Could test with that, otherwise I guess the AC adapter could be broken, but that is also new...

Off to shop now going to buy new adapter if they have any, and test against a different fan first.

18. Bought a new adapter, tried doing a different method where you put the positive in the jack and negative around the jack. Still nothing...surely all 3 of these fans can't be broken. I've no idea what's going on...:(

19. #40 RouxJr, Jan 18, 2014