Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can weed make you sick? (Vomiting, fever, diarrhea, nausea)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Spaghetti101, Dec 30, 2013.

1. So I got this bud which is super fucking potent. Not very skunky or anything. Sort of has a tropical smell to it and tastes JUST like bananas and tropical fruit so I think that it's banana kush.

Anyway, the first time I smoked it I was on the edge of the universe clenching onto my gravity bong as to not fall off. The next day I was sick. I was vomiting with a fever, diarrhea, and nausea. Eventually had to go to the ER and get two bags of IV since I was so dehydrated. I wasn't as suspicious that it was this weed that might have made me sick so I just waited till I got better.

A few days later, I smoke some more. I got sick again but this time it wasn't nearly as bad. Only threw up once, had a slightly lower fever which went away quickly but I still have diarrhea.

So basically I have been sick since Christmas eve. :/ I was wondering, is it just my luck or is something wrong with my bud? Can I fix it or should I trash it? Btw, I would love to be able to keep it somehow cause it is some lovely bud. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've never heard of such severe physical effects from just weed. The only possibility to me is that the weed was laced, or perhaps smoking the bud enhanced an underlying illness which made you have these symptoms. 

But if I had to guess I would say when you were clenching on to your gravity bong you were just stoned as fuck, and the next day you had a completely unrelated illness.

3. Is there any way to test if weed is laced? I've never run into any laced weed before so I wouldn't know what to look for.

4. refer other thread that is active on this topic.

5. I never thought so but there was this one time my friend started booting EVERYWHERE for NO reason all over my house, he said since he was high he didn't feel it coming. The one time I got sick was after the munchies, began to feel sick as hell after eating a shit ton of chili , then a shit ton of ice cream. WORST combination ever ! I don't think you'll get sick honestly, happy toking bro

6. Also it's not laced, and I doubt you can tell if it's banana kush by the smell! My banana kush actually DOES smell skunky and it smells like fruit loops

7. uh, No!
    Pot did NOT cause you to get sick and visit the ER for 2 bags of IV fluids....POT did not make you sick with a fever...jeeez.

OP's first post is to spread a propaganda story.

BECAUSE PEOPLE DO NOT SELL LACED WEED!

2nd post and it is more propaganda!

9. Lol. All that from weed. Sorry man but I laughed while reading.

10. I don't blame you for laughing bro. Sounds a little crazy. It might have been that it was so cold outside that night, or maybe I was just so stoned I thought it was cold.

I'm guessing that it has to do with what what's his face said. An underlying illness. When I went to the ER I was diagnosed with a viral something or whatever and was prescribed this nausea medicine.

I'm gonna let it run its course then smoke some more of it and see how it goes. Peace everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  11. there is this killer sinus infection going round and i caught it when hanging out with people smoking, we were sharing pieces so it makes sense that we would all have it

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have had a problem with weed making me have to shit, every time I smoked it was terrible. So I quit for for a bit till it went away.

13. Idk why but I always shit before I toke up ahaha! I honestly do not know why...

14. Hello mate, created this account just to reply your question.

I have been smoking weed for a long time now, I only use it to aid my meditation for a few years now. You must understand that cannabis is a medicinal plant. However, unlike modern medicine, it heals belief patterns and misunderstandings to the nature of the self and the nature. It sounds like you had a bit too much and got purged in the psychological department. It's not a bad thing, it's an awesome thing but it might not feel like so.

I would suggest that lay it down for a week keep an easy on-the-stomach diet (yogurt+honey, fruits, vegetables, not so much meat or processed food) - you should be fine, be well.

Cheers

15. Nope,never,au contraire,takes away the stomach ache,and nausea,oh and hangover..but thats just me..Sent from a duuuuh.

16. Clean all your pieces before smoking, you don't wanna re-introduce germs and sicken yourself up again.

17. naw man u just got the christmas fever

18. #19 Cameron8679, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    my immediate reaction is that perhaps its moldy/contaminated bud? I remember erowid had something on a few years back warning of cannabis in UK/Europe laced with microscopic GLASS BEADS like wtf!!? I guess to a retard whose never seen bud before that might look like trichomes but the chance is so low that anyone who used/uses cutting agents especially dangerous ones, with our precious herb, is a straight-up piece of human garbageSent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Had this flu the week before Christmas. I was sick for a week straight and it came in waves like that. 3 days in I thought I was better, then that night all my symptoms came back almost as bad as the first round of it. Started with a cough and I could have sworn it was my bud until I realized I had a fever too.