fitbit

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bomatt4, Dec 30, 2013.

1. So a couple days ago I purchased a Fitbit. I don't know if everyone had heard of this but it's a pretty cool little device. It's basically a pedometer with other features as well. Such as, BMI, H20 consumption, how many miles you walk, active mintues, sleep. So it streams it to this device that you wear on your person. The have ones like a bracelet, or ones you can stick in your pocket, or whatever your fancy. I got the 'Flex' which is the bracelet one or the 'wrist watch' one. I'm throwing you guys some pics. So it takes all this information and makes graphs and shows you how you're doing, if you need to be more active or not. They also have an iPhone or Android app and your wireless device stream directly to your app so you can see your progress. It's amazing how much you walk per day! It's very easy to use, although they are kinda expensive, I got mine for $65.

If anyone has one let me know and I will try to add you as a friend...I think for friends we need to exchange emails but thats cool with me. Also, if you are thinking about getting a Fitbit and you have some questions you can ask me and I will be more than happy to answer them if I can.

Attached Files:

2. Yep my mama works for Fitbit in san fran! I'm thinking of getting one myself, it does seem like a cool device :) simple enough

Yes it's very cool, small, sleek and convienent. You should get one! They motivate you to work a little harder since your friends and family are kinda watching on your contacts!

4. How does it know all of that? Like when you sleep? Do you need to charge it? Where's the FAQ xD

5. #5 fruitality, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    seems cool i might get one.

6. I've been using the app to track the basics for a long time, but just now considering buying an actual fitbit!   Question is which one!? Leaning towards the Fitbit Charge HR right now, even though it's frickin $149..  Oh well, beach 2015 is too close to not get it lol...

Blue or Black?
     [​IMG]

7. I'd go with the black one, more of a universal colour that can be worn with anything. 

8. I was thinking about getting one of these, but I'm a bit paranoid over the fact that it tracks basically everything you do :s

9. That is true, but shit I just need motivation to get fit!!! track all my data, and present it to me nicely in an app, yes please!! I would  just hope that all that data wouldn't be used for bad stuff, but I am a bit naïve so..lol 

Well if you have a smartphone, that is already basically trakcing everything youre doing....so whats new?

11. Doesn't track pulse etc. Just something I don't like about being hooked to a machine that pretty much observes the state of your body. Seems to close to "Ohh, let me just check your watch. Yes, it tells me you've been taking drugs"

12. I got a Fitbit Flex in July 2015. My Dad was trying to get back in shape and he got a Fitbit One and he was really into the statistics and technology, so I got one to have something in common. I go hiking frequently and exercise a couple times a week, so I was also somewhat interested in being able to quantify how much exercise I was getting.

I love the stats, the silent alarm to wake you up, the sleep tracker... If you're looking to become more active, I highly recommend a Fitbit device. It's a great motivator and I probably only use half of the features. I never even touch the ones where you can log your water intake and your calorie intake.

My job has a rewards program where you get points along with your commission, so I was browsing the website looking at all the stuff and noticed that they had Fitbits. I had enough points to get a sizable upgrade on the Flex, so I ordered the Fitbit Charge HR and it arrived today. I felt sad casting aside my Flex which has pretty much not left my body except for going in the shower and swimming, but I love the Charge HR. It's got more features like heart rate monitoring, floors climbed, nicer display, heavy duty wristband, etc.

[​IMG]

13. my parents have fitbit bracelets, they were cool at first but then your phone can do all that.

Also my mom invested money into them, and lost it. Fitbit stock plummeted.

14. A phone can do many of these things, but it cannot do things like track quality of sleep or heart rate. Also, unless I'm moving from one location to another, I don't usually have my phone in my pocket. It's on a table or hooked up to my computer. My primary source of exercise is hiking and although I do normally have my phone with me, others whose main sport might be basketball or running might find it inconvenient to be carrying a full-sized smartphone with them.

I can see where this product might not be right for everybody. I never though I would be interested in such a thing, but I've found it to be interesting and motivational.

15. well I think it's actually pretty cool for healthy minded people.

I just never needed to know about heart rates and such, even though I have heart valve issues haha

16. it's ok... a novelty toy at best.

i wear sometimes mostly to see how inactive i am on certain days. i guess it's cool if you get a bunch of buddies and you do try to compete for certain goals.

at least it gets the steps semi-accurately and milage. so you can compete based on that. of course one of my friends is a marathon runner so he clocks in at least 40 miles a week :( ... while i get 5 on a good week.

17. I thought of getting one...but honestly there are apps that do almost everything they do.

The Mole Hole

18. Just got an pedometer app, I felt like I walked a lot at work.

Confirmed, average 9miles, 20k steps just at work (750+calories burned just from walking), no wonder I can't gain weight

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thing these are addicting. I have had a few spinal surgeries and between the pain, meds, and just feeling sorry for myself my ability to exercise has dropped dramatically.

My wife picked up a fitbit and now I monitor it quite a bit. To the point I set the goals and do not want the machine to beat me. The damned thing called me an overachiever yesterday. Lol

Now I am burning about 3000 calories daily, the challenge is to eat less. My wife is a great cook and she dragged me away from the rices and pastas with creamy and buttery sauces I loVe soooo much.

I thought it was a silly device at first. Now I am feeling like tHe silly one for not getting it sooner.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2