Best way to clean glass pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by reallyhighguy, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Rubbing alcohol ( 91% +) and salt is the easiest way, but If you do buy a special cleaner remember you can pour it back in the bottle and reuse it for a while Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [quote name="TheKidner" post="19399545" timestamp="1390596368"]Scrape what you can and smoke it first. Personally, I hate smoking resin. It tastes bad, you inhale a lot of butane from the lighter, and you need to take a lot of hits to get high. Also kills your throat. Sent from my P9070 using Tapatalk[/quote] you're right smoking res sucks. It's the weirdest high too. But I mean I think if there's thc in it it'd be wasteful not to smoke it Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It does have THC but not very much. What I do is scrape it, pack a bowl, and put a little resin on top. Sent from my P9070 using Tapatalk

4. Salt and 91% isopropyl alcohol is the shit. That's what I use, but formula 420 is better than that but not everyone has access to it. Basically it works faster depending on how often you clean your piece.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. i boil hot water in a pot then set my pipe in there let it sit for 5 10 minutes take it out then get a ziplock bag fill with a good amount of salt set pipe on top  with the bowl up pour fresh boiling water inside add alcohol higher percent the better shake bag for 5 minutes repeat if needed 

6. You should put the put the pipe in the water cold before you heat it up. Dramatic temp changes tend to cause glass to crack. Also, you could boil it in alcohol and salt with a rag wrapped around it (so it doesn't break on the pan) Sent from my P9070 using Tapatalk

7. News paper is also a good option to clean a glass pipe....

8. 420 cleaner. Best ever. Takes one minute. Hahaha. Shake it in warm water+420. Resin melts right off. Smells good too.

9. 420 should only be like $6 for a bottle.

10. I always use 99% iso and any coarse salt.  Shake it for a few mins(need to be cautious near hard objects), works better if you turn you tap to hot and run under water until its as hot as possible then iso and salt it(salt is only used bcuz it doesn't dissolve. and when you shake it, it scrapes off that nasty layer of res...I am sure you could use many other things instead of salt.  Salt seems best since it is cheap, available and easily disposable.(lol)

And give a good rinse in sink after the alcohol of course.

11. Yup 99% and sea/kosher salt.

12. All 420 Mix is is rubbing alcohol blue food coloring and Epsom salt

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum