Best way to clean glass pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by reallyhighguy, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Just bought a glass pipe, and was wondering what the best way to clean it was. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. My way of cleaning a glass pipe is by first getting a plastic bag. Fill the bag around a quarter way full with rubbing alcohol than add salt to the bag so there is salt and rubbing alcohol in the bag. Than put your glass piece and and shake it around for about 10 minutes (if you want it really clean) than after that rinse it off with cold water and you're set!

3. formula 420 is the bees knees i actually clean my glass more often because its easy to use nd gets them like brand new. And who doesnt love the flavor a clean pipe

4. salt and rubbing alcohol nuff said

Sent From The Garden Of Eden

5. I dont even use salt anymore just soak in alcohol for like a half hr then shake a lot and rinse with hot water

6. formula 420 is quicker nd easier imo. I just pour some in my glass, shake it for about a minute nd rinse it out nd its good as new. Ive tried alcohol nd salt nd i feel like it takes a lot longer nd it still leaves residue

and a lot more expensive and not readily available..i have alcohol in the bathroom

8. I bought 1 bottle of formula 420. It worked, but half the grit was still in the bottle when the fluid was gone. Honestly iso and salt is just as effective and cheaper.

9. op asked for the best not the cheapest way. if u cant afford it then alcohol is definitely the way to go but if u got the money I go for formula 420 every time

10. Alcohol and salt like mentioned above works well. You will get best results if you use 91% rubbing alcohol

with everything taken into account the alcohol would be the best..whether its faster or not is debatable

12. I'm with slash, I use kosher salt and 95% alcohol. Worst part of smoking is cleaning your tools. But ain't nothin like a clean bong with ice cubes

13. 3-4 tables spoons table salt1/4 - 1/2 cup of nail polish remover Best home cleaner ever. No need to soak it. Just rinse with cold water after your done! Better than any cleaner over used. Just be mindful in a sealed container it will build pressure from the gas that is produced. Just burp the container a bit whole shaking. I clean my bong on the reg. But the bowl maybe once a myth. It still comes out shiny. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Alcohol and salt. I've always found a baggie kind of stupid unless you want to clean the outside. I put some salt in the peice in this order from best to worst sea salt, kosher, iodized. The kosher and sea salt are more coarse so they clean better. Then put the highest % iso you can find. Plug up the three holes with your fingers and shake a minute or two. You might have to do it a few times to get it all the way clean.

15. takes like 5 mins to use iso + salt and its works great, lol

16. Ive never used salt because im afraid of it scratching my piece. Has salt ever scratched one of yours? If not I will probly start using it because it will take alot less time im sure.

17. #17 SupaaBaked, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    No it won't scratch it. Taking a paperclip to a glass bowl in search of resin however can. If you don't want to use salt use the concentrated simple green. That shit will make any piece sparkle.

18. what if you are wanting to save the resin to smoke lol

19. Smoke resin image.jpg

20. Scrape what you can and smoke it first. Personally, I hate smoking resin. It tastes bad, you inhale a lot of butane from the lighter, and you need to take a lot of hits to get high. Also kills your throat. Sent from my P9070 using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1