My first missile.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by casualman, Dec 28, 2013.

1. #41 casualman, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    It gives a good compression ratio for low to moderate boost levels. I think thats the main reason its done.

Diamond Star Motors... they're 'older' Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX/GST, Talon TSi, and Plymouth Laser.

3. "Budget" and "drift" do not mix well haha

2 wheel drive truck with a stick, welded rear diff, coilovers, maybe beefy sway bars would be your best bet. You'll need to prevent the truck from having excessive amounts of body roll.

Idk which cars are popular drift cars but there's a reason why they are popular. Vast array of aftermarket drift goodies. Plentiful replacement bodies for when you wreck (it will happen) and you have to look at basic parts because they will break. And you don't want to have to buy a 300 dollar control arm for your oddball when you could've spent a little bit more now on a vehicle and that same part be the third of the cost to replace.

4. I know it not going to be that cheap and I don't think I should buy some oddball drift car because of the lack of aftermarket support. I'm looking for an r31 skyline because its the cheapest drift car with competitive potential once I save for better parts and maybe a turbo conversion once I learn to drift.

5. I thought they were fwd?

6. The GSX Model was AWD, so still not RWD anyways.

7. Yeah I dont know a heap about Mitsubishi. I have only seen one eclipse in my city so I dont think they were popular in Australia

8. Yeah I'm sure he wants to drift with some fwd crap.
    4g63 yeah it's a good engine....but awd and fwd means understeer which means boring.
    Unless 4g63 starion/conquest swap then we are talkin.

9. R31 skyline cheap???? In the states we're talking 15-20k for an r31. Man. I want one.
    I almost bought an rb25 r32 rwd skyline. He wanted 12k. I only had ten and he wouldn't budge :/
    My old 240sx cost 2 grand plus another two for the ca18det swap. 200hp give or take. It was a fun little car while it lasted
    Planning my next build. Bmw E30 with a NA quad rotory :D

10. #50 hurpdaflerp, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
     a 4 rotor e30? make a build thread!

also did bmw use rotary engines in there cars at any time?

11. Yeah I could get a clean r31 manual for about $5000.

$2000 for a ca18det? I could get a sr20det for close to that money. Everyone is swapping in jz's and rb's so all the 4 cylinder motors are going down in price.

12. #52 vanilla bean latte, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    @[member="hurpdaflerp"] I absolutely will make a thread but I'm probably a year or so away from actually putting tool to metal. I don't think they ever had a rotory in a bmw. I'm not positive though.

2k was about what it cost me to do a full swap. I think like 1200 for the motor set. This was 4 years ago. The sr20 is a crazy ass motor but that's what everyone was putting in their 240 at the time. And I wanted to be different. Lol

13. No ...as far as far as I know ..production wise nsu and Mazda are only ones.
    at onetime just about every manufacturer was was experimenting with rotary engines tho.

Oh and i think Suzuki had a rotary motorcycle. Which is dope.

14. I like the the ca18det nostalgia factor it is an awsome engine makes a amazing noise too.
    Everyone goes sr20det it's too obvious.

15. #55 240sxLover, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    SR's aren't really THAT common. Most people these days either have a stock KA or a KAT from what I see. I had a black top s13 SR, and it was the most amazing sounding four banger. That thing walked all over 350z's, newer v6 mustangs/cameros. Fuck I miss it...

Honda's never came close to keepin up lol

16. #56 casualman, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    We didn't get ka24s in s-chassis we only got sr20s and ca18s. Everyone is trying to get rid of there ca18s so they are pretty cheap. Most of the time they end up in corollas.

I own a honda right now. Its slow and the exhaust has started leaking since yesterday so it sounds like a n/a subaru with a 3" exhaust :(

17. #57 240sxLover, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    Lucky y'all hahah, we've got no support for Jap motors over in the US so caring for that SR was a bitch! That blowoff valve though.... Mmmmmm mmm!

That exhaust leak issue must be common. Like every Mexican I see back in Houston has a Honda that either has a riced out muffler or a normal ass muffler that sounds louder than the fart can ones lol.

18. Yeah mine is an older non vtec dual carb d15b4 its good for a daily and handles pretty well but its not what I want to drive for fun.

19. Still sr20 is the go to swap for every 240 Pimp.
    Foe sho a good engine though!

20. #60 casualman, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    Well saving progress is going pretty slow after I got high and bought an rc drift car and tomorrow I have to fork out money for exhaust repairs on my civic. Yes I'm the one civic owner who actually bothers to fix there exhaust. So thats set me back a little. but I'm looking forward to hearing music again :)