My first missile.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by casualman, Dec 28, 2013.

1. i kinda want to see the engine! i couldnt afford to get a fixer upper right now... the interior reminds me of a late 80's Thunderbird. the digital gauge cluster, the high center console. you should get a car that currently drives so you can drive and be free... 

If you need a mode of transport and dont currently have one this is really really good advice, also makes it easier to find a problem if one arises/allows you to handle problems one at a time. On the other hand thats a pretty big bay you could fit a lot of engines in there, maybe find an ls or a built up 5.0 and swap that in. Whats the tranny?

3. [quote name="El Duderino" post="19341349" timestamp="1389746897"]i kinda want to see the engine! i couldnt afford to get a fixer upper right now... the interior reminds me of a late 80's Thunderbird. the digital gauge cluster, the high center console. you should get a car that currently drives so you can drive and be free... [/quote]I'll try see if I can check the engine out next week I'll upload some photos when I do.I have a daily driver that have trouble not talking for random drives. Not sure about the Honda "love" on this forum but I own a 89 ed(ef in America) sedan. It runs almost perfectly and it was pretty cheap. But I don't want to keep spending money on it because it's slow and I want something rwd.

4. I didnt get the car. The guy moved away so now the car is just going to sit there and rot away.

So the new plan is to save a bit more money up and buy a registered r31 skyline or a 4 door r32. It will be less of a missile and more of a half respectable weekend/track car.

Ill keep you posted when theres more news. Or I'll start a new thread when I get it.

That's dope ...you guys are lucky down there with the skyline's wish we had them here... keep us posted!

6. I love the fact that we have skylines but they are the biggest cop-magnets. Are you able to import them from any countries?

7. Yeah.. you can from Japan and Canada but it's not the average car buyers options if you know what I mean....
    Shame because I think the skyline in all forms would have sold good in america.

funny you say that... now that its been so many years, US residents can import R32 Skylines into the country. so keep an eye on ebaymotors!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Do you know why you guys never got them?

10. R32s are my favourite of all the skylines. The back end of the r33 4 door just looks ugly in my opinion.

11. My guess is insurance..they were probably afraid no one would buy them because of insurance costs

12. That would make more sense that what some people have told me. Someone told me that they were not sold because at the time they we just too fast. Not sure if thats credible or not.

13. Yeah I've heard that too.. but that also goes along with the insurance issue big straight 6 turbo and rwd ..though I'm sure some skyline fast n furious nerd will come correct me soon..hahah

14. Speaking of cars that weren't sold. I wish we got fox body mustangs, I think they would have sold well here.

I'll swap you an r31 for a fox body :)

15. Dam can't believe you would swap an r31 for a foxbody haha but also did not know you guys don't have i hat's crazy Foxbodys are the only mustangs I like...

16. Well I could get a clean r31 for about $5000 AUD. I could sell a rhd mustang for heaps more. The foxbody is the only mustang I would want to own. r31s only have the rb30, sohc, 150hp, low revs but nice torque.

17. Could be wrong but I think you can swap the Dohc rb26 head on the rb30

18. #38 Dryice, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    Get a 2nd gen DSM.

19. DSM? Never heard of them. Are they sold in Australia?

20. Yes you can. I was looking on a local a second hand car page and saw a r31 for $1000, it was mostly stock with extractors and a 2.5" exhaust. I asked my dad about it and he was willing to lend me the money. So I call the guy and he says someone is coming to look at it and he will text me if it doesnt sell. The next day I call just to check and someone else was going to look at it but this time it sold. So I'm on the hunt still.

I could get an automatic one for $1000 in good condition but it will take too long to find parts for a conversion. So I think I'll keep looking for a manual and rego it and learn to drift. I cant wait.

I took out the families trusty ka24e powered ute the other night when it was wet. I have a long journey of learning to drift a head of me.