4000 Watt 8 x 10 dwc scrog in 10 gallon buckets

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by 10after420, Dec 28, 2013.

1. january upload 376.jpg january upload 378.jpg

heres a couple pics of it with a bic lighter. It really has huge buds, just really weird ones. Im thinkin bad genetics?

2. january upload 369.jpg january upload 370.jpg

the room a few days ago

3. IMG00506-20140110-1827.jpg IMG00505-20140110-1827 (1).jpg

Veg room ready. Next is to transplant the seedlings. I have decided to do two plants in each bucket. Will make filling the scrog nets easier since it will be 6'x8' approximately. 4 blueberry, 2 trainwreck and two big bud. And they will be switched to 10 gallon buckets a few days before the nets get placed. Im getting excited about this.

4. ok so i couldnt take the excitement anymore and transplanted 8 plants into my 4 buckets. Only problem is that the coco tek medium is really fine and falls into the bucket through the net pots, clogging the drip rings. which makes for a shitty morning lol. The babies were in solo cups and then transplanted into my net pots with a layer of hydroton at the bottom, and then filled up with hydroton around them. how do you combat this? im going to filter the water out and hope that helps but im thinking of making a filter at the bottom of the pumping column. Any ideas?

5. I'm probably not the best one to take advise from with me being new to GC forums. But may i suggest to flush out as much coco as tou can before putting into hydroton. Not sure how much stress it may or may not cause though hence me saying I'm a newb of sorts

6. Thanks. ya i thought about that but i have heard too many horror stories about that to really wanna try that. I guess its easier just to do when the plant is dry and kinda roll it around loosening the coco and letting it fall out. But they are all doing amazing already. They all have roots showing out the pot in one direction or another. I picked up some voodoo juice today and a bottle of orca also. Ran the voodoo juice in the buckets but only added 12ml's. Bottle says 4 per gallon and my buckets have just shy of four gallons of water in them.We will see tomorrow and i will post pics.

7. #27 10after420, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    IMG00512-20140111-2004.jpg IMG00521-20140111-2358.jpg IMG00527-20140114-0023.jpg IMG00552-20140115-1534.jpg IMG00542-20140115-1219.jpg IMG00554-20140116-0201.jpg Ok so harvest is going well! Gettin lots of big nasty budz from these girls. So glad to be gettin rid of the dirt tho! Ill post a couple pics and a few of the dwc girls. Im really impressed with the voodoo juice and the fact that i still have six plants in their coco solo cups and the dwc plants are twice as big as they are. Its gonna be an awesome grow i think. Also i have got gh flora series 3 part base nutes and i am still undecided about the flora nova. Seems like it would be pretty nice to have a one part nute but the color scares me! i know its gonna stain the roots and this bein my first dwc grow i dont know if i need that messing with my ability to catch root problems before they get out of hand. 

Attached Files:

8. #28 10after420, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    ok so some before and after with the voodoo juice. I think i like it IMG-20140114-00688.jpg IMG-20140114-00687.jpg IMG-20140114-00689.jpg IMG-20140114-00690.jpg IMG00555-20140116-1708.jpg IMG00556-20140116-1708.jpg IMG00557-20140116-1709 (1).jpg IMG00558-20140116-1709 (1).jpg

9. using the voodoo juice at half strenght that first 4 days, changed res and added it at 7ml for 3.5 gallons. Nutes got added today as well. Ro water and added 60 mls of calimagic to 200 ppms, 4 mls each of micro, gro, and bloom, 3 drops of superthrive and ph to 5.8.they also got their second topping where i could. I need these plants to stay lw due to 8 foot ceilings, so i am gonna top fairly aggressively early on and have done so.

10. Evening 10after! I see you are using the GH Flora series. I currently grow in Coco and am using the Lucas formula 2 part system (micro 6ml/gal and bloom 9ml/gal) as well as some molasses ( 15 ml/gal plus or minus depending on what week of flower). My question to you is have you heard of the Lucas Formula? For pure hydro, the original Lucas Formula, is 8ml/gal floramicro to 16ml/gal florabloom. I personally have seen some EBB n FLOW grows that were yielding 1.5lbs/1000w not using SCROG with this nutrient formula. I have had good success with it, yielding 14 oz out of 800w just topping and training the girls. In the very near future I will be upgrading to two 600w and installing a screen to start a SCROG myself. If you haven't heard of the Lucas Formula but are interested I can probably dig up some threads for you to bone up! Subscribed :smoke:
    ~Peace, robmxer

11. Thanks

Ya thanks. im checkin it out and have been thinking of doing half my plants with lucas and half my way just to see the difference if any. I am a master plant trainer i think. I have gotten a pound out of a few plants in dirt. Two of them were actually flowering bud clones if you can believe it. I love the node spacing and the alternating nodes on these plants. They take a bit longer to grow, but awesome when they are finished.
         Do you have a grow on gc?

12. Thats awesome, I'd love to see how differences between the two formuals. I myself have taken some clones from flowering buds, after my Mendo Purp clones all died (lol) so I had to take some clones 3 weeks into flower...I've heard of people doing it as far as 6 weeks in. Never Re-Vegged though. Indeed, it did take quite a while longer for them to finally take hold, but mine came out decent. I have a grow journal that I started last April/May when I first started growing. I havent updated it in a long time as I've been super busy with work. The bitches are sleeping right now but when they wake up I'll upload a picture sometime tomorrow for you. I have 2 Exodus Cheese in there myself...1 of them is LST'd and the other is just topped. I wanted to do a little experiment and see which method they liked better.

13. #33 10after420, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    ya, i love the revegged stuff. like i said there is just so much more branching! I have revegged and cloned after i harvested at 9 weeks before. Trick is to just not overwater them and to give them a healthy dose of grow nutes. half strength is what i go for in a gallon of ro water along with about 250 ppm of calmag and some beneficials. Works like a charm and the yeilds are amazing.

14. You're getting me interested in re-vegging, I hear its hard but after what you're saying it sounds worth a shot. Silly me, forget to take that pic for ya and the ladies are sleepin again!! :hide:

15. IMG00210-20130415-1447.jpg IMG00257-20130429-0449.jpg IMG00261-20130429-0454.jpg IMG00300-20130513-0438.jpg i got tons of pictures and a lot of info in my head on the re-vegging as i see it. I have really good success with them. i lose one every now and again if they are really big but not very often. Anyways I do it and i love it. To see one little bud turn into a monster plant is amazing. I have a huge plant that i cut down and left one little bud on each branch(probably an ounce total) just to see just how badass this girl would come back. There is definately gonna b some pruning. You can kinda see it in the pic in post #23 behind the clones. What doesnt come back dies off, but its not much really. I wouldnt suggest leaving all that bud on there, you really dont need much, but those little buds at the bottom are usually thrown into the butter anyway and like i said i wanted see. Something i noticed right away was that usually when a plant grows it doesn't start alternating its branches until it is sexually mature. But these regrows ARE sexually mature as soon as you get them growing again, so you could flower them anytime you want. And the b.s. about losing yeild is just that. I get more and more everytime. Yes it takes a month or so to get them back into the swing of things (lights on 24/7 is a must) and do not over water(which is easy to do with that little bit of plant to feed and a huge ball of roots to do it with). Give them a quarter strength dose of grow nutes in one gallon of water per 5 gallons of dirt(never done this in hydro or dwc yet but im going to) and dont rewater again until its almost dry, feed water water etc. pretty easy actually. Worst thing is to water too much! Three of those pics are of the same "clone". In the last one you can see the branching really well. 

16. I'm there with you.Im growing dwc for the first time and Thanks to a Guy I follow on youtube(hygrohybrid).im doing well thus far.Im very hands on,so I've learned a lot in the 6 weeks that I've been vegging my ch9 blue lemon thai.I'm addicted to learning!!

17. well join the club! Hygrohybrid is starting a dwc revolution! I have been watching him to. He has certainly influenced a lot of us. He definitely made me wanna try this! Im sure you see i have the same setup other than the fact that im goin with the four 1000 watt lights and 4 buckets with two plants each. Im puttin his teachings to the test on this one, but with a few tweaks. Im also looking into co2 for flowering. But i just harvested and i am trying to figure out a new room setup cuz i dont like the idea of crawling under the nets too much lol. im gonna try to figure an Lshape into the room which will give me more room for the nets.

18. Sounds like you have a monster set up!the 4 buckets should fill a scrog Nice and full.Cant wait to see your end results!I'm addicted to learning!!

19. Well just a quick update 4am! I just got done changing the plastick and hanging up the real mylar(the kind with the string in it ln a grid pattern. Got my spots all laid out for for the four buckets. I bought a water pump to assist in draining and filling the reservoirs during nute changes. The girls have been steadily growing and i have a very nice lst going in them all. Node spacing and branching are awesome on these girls and they have been topped for the third time. i try to top as much as possible in the beginning to get the branches to be thicker at the bottom of the plant and top accordingly to get the lower branches up and trained out even with the tops early. And i have figured out a way to top a branch to get the two new tops And get the one i cut off to grow back. Not every time but quite close. Im going to set up my lights and ventilation tomorrow night and build some pedestal bases for the rope totes. My scrog is going to be 4 equal squares that are 3'3" x 4'. due to space in the 8X10 room. I have decided to do it in an L-shaped arrangement with 3 lights down the long wall and the 4th turned 90 degrees to complete the L    Its gonna be a long reach to the back of the plants so i am praying i dont end up with mites! (knock on wood) I had them in a previous grow and caught them early. They were on one plant that i aquired from a buddy and missed the little shits when i inspected it. Luckily i found Mighty Wash. 3 applications in 10 days wiped em out, eggs too. And its really pretty safe and can be sprayed even at the end of flower. Anyway i will upload a ton of new pics and especially the training pics. I wanna see what some people think.

20. Ok i got a question.I grew some plants this spring and when they were done, my blueberry, and my trainwreck plants (4 of them) all had a few seeds. Mostly lower branches and smaller buds but a few in a cola or two. These were 10 oz plants and had a Lot of big fat buds. In 21 oz's of blueberry i got 11 seeds. In 20 oz's of trainwreck there were about 25 mature seeds and a dozen greenies. There were also three more plants that didnt have any seeds.All of them started as clones of other plants that were revegged into mothers. They were all vegged together and one male was found(8 plants started total) and taken from the grow room right away. surely before it had a chance to open that first ball. I spend an hour or two a day with my plants and i vegged them under flourescent t8's until i transplanted them. a week later they went outside and grew from may to septmember. They were huge beautiful bushes and had about 60 tops each. I flowered them under 4000 wats in my indoor room, where they got every ounce of care i could give them. About week 5 or 6 of flower i saw a seed forming on a trainwreck. Then a week later there were more. Not many but here and there. I checked for light leaks and noticed a small one at the top corner of my door so i fixed that. It was very faint light from the flouros in the next room. I also have a cat who comes into the room now and then to help. He doesnt mess with the plants at all but i was thinking that maybe he got some pollen on him and his tail could have reached those lower branches? ( pollen from the male who was growing about a quarter mile away and ended up almost 9 ft tall). Also the plants were the four closest to that leaky door (but light was at top far corner and seeds mostly came from lower buds?) Any ideas?