Squirril huntin

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by SkunkBunker, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Sometimes i have a wanting to use my pellet gun in the early morning and shootin squrrils. Its just the thrill of winter! Finally some fun target shooting

2. Merica!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fucking limb chickens

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Get a few pigeons aswel and you've got yourself a pie!

5. I use my shotgun during early season when the trees have leaves and my 22 the rest of the year. Plan on going Friday for some good ole tree rats.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Digital Veil, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    Wtf is wrong with people?

7. Don't use a pellet. You have to be pretty precise with your aim. Use a .22 or something of that nature.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Nothing wrong with a pellet gun if you are a good shot. I can kill a squirrel clean in one shot with my .177 Gamo Hunter 220 and the pellets are a ton cheaper than .22 ammo, if you can even find it.

9. Very true. But damn I remember one time I shot a bird with one and it didn't die right away.

I've never felt so bad about myself. I love hunting but suffering is just not what I can do to an animal. So I play it safe and use a gun that even if you miss a little, it will still die with dignity.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've gotta scoped 22 mag that's deadly on squirrels. I've picked them off from 50yds before. Some squirrel meat, veggies and taters all in a stew is some fine eatin 👌

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  11. If I'm not using my Gamo I use my Savage .17 hmr with an 8-16x BSA scope for small game. That thing can hold a quarter size group at well over 100 yards. Blistering fast too.

12. Those little .17hmrs are little beasts. Most likely my next gun purchase.

Ill have my guns, money, and freedom. Y'all can keep y'alls change.

13. #13 FuckCuomo, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Nothing better than a scoped 10/22 for squirrel hunting

14. When it comes to squirrels, I'm a fan of the good ole' .22

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. 10/22 FTW :D one of my favorite rifles.

I always use the meat if I kill them, though. Though I hate squirrels, I won't kill anything I won't use, just don't believe in it.

16. #16 Zera, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Sounds like it might be fun. I want to know what squirrel tastes like.

But I don't know how I'd go about cleaning and cooking 'em safely. I don't want to get any parasites, and Idk what those little fuzzy buggers have got.

17. if you shoot it you should eat it

18. #18 scout695, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Aint nothin to it. Make a cut around the stomach, put your finger in there and the skin pulls right off. Boil the meat, and you're good to go. It's really good fried or just thrown into a stew to cook all day

19. yea what he said fried with rice an gravy long as there cooked well your fine

20. I have never been able to do anything like that.  I just would not feel comfortable doing that I guess.