I dont like smoking since I began vaping

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MacThatVape, Dec 27, 2013.

1. [quote name="MacThatVape" post="19243082" timestamp="1388258356"]The only downfall I find with the pax is that the mouth piece sticks if it's used a lot . You have to use the "lube" they give you with the thing in order to keep it working properly other then that I have no other complaints about the pax heard nothing but good things[/quote]Thanks again man, took your advice and bought the Arizer Solo. Getting delivered on Monday. After looking through many reviews it looks like the best for a reasonable price. Hopefully it will last for a while! Cheers mate.

2. [quote name="Treepuffer313" post="19243529" timestamp="1388265208"]Thanks again man, took your advice and bought the Arizer Solo. Getting delivered on Monday. After looking through many reviews it looks like the best for a reasonable price. Hopefully it will last for a while! Cheers mate.[/quote]I guarantee it will last you a long time I have had mine for 3 months and not a single error or glitch . Order an O ring for it at Vape Planet it just keeps your stem nice and snug and you get a pack of 5 for like 3$ it's the best investment I made for my Solo it makes less vape and smell escape also it will keep your stem safely in the Solo so it doesn't fall out cause after about 2 months it becomes wiggly but it's not gonna make it useless by any means , just means it'll be easy to pull out rather then being snug in the Solo

That's not the only downfall.   The biggest one is that it is conduction based and as such, it is constantly cooking your herb as it's heating up to vape temps, in between hits, and as it's cooling down.    Major weed waster because of this as well as smelling due to the constant cooking. 

4. [quote name="lwien" post="19243589" timestamp="1388266203"]That's not the only downfall. The biggest one is that it is conduction based and as such, it is constantly cooking your herb as it's heating up to vape temps, in between hits, and as it's cooling down. Major weed waster because of this as well as smelling due to the constant cooking. [/quote]Thanks Iwien for those pointers I forgot about it being a conduction instead of convection vape which is really a big difference between vaping and combustion cause the heat cause from conduction vape just keeps heating the material .

5. [quote name="MacThatVape" post="19243585" timestamp="1388266153"]I guarantee it will last you a long time I have had mine for 3 months and not a single error or glitch . Order an O ring for it at Vape Planet it just keeps your stem nice and snug and you get a pack of 5 for like 3$ it's the best investment I made for my Solo it makes less vape and smell escape also it will keep your stem safely in the Solo so it doesn't fall out cause after about 2 months it becomes wiggly but it's not gonna make it useless by any means , just means it'll be easy to pull out rather then being snug in the Solo[/quote]Alright thanks again for the tip :) Really looking forward to trying since I've never actually vaped before, I hear it's a different experience which I'm excited to explore! Do you think it's better than smoking?

6. What about the tradition ceremonial part of smoking? I've been smoking and bonding for ever now...and vaped with some crude vapes nothing hi tech fancy... im so reluctant to go with the flow... is it really so much better? I just can't imagine...but again haven't done it right..

For that type of question I would have to again say its personal preference since the 2 are a different but "similar" kind of high, "same" referring to the red eye,munchies and if vaped at a higher temp can give you a couch lock like high. On the other hand they are deferent in high's for a couple of reasons; you have a clearer headed high(not as dysfunctional and disoriented), don't have a huge burn out as often depending again on your heat setting I find heat 3 is good for me on the Solo to give me that nice perfect high. Last the best thing between vaping and smoking is the most obvious reason ;Health. Also vaping conserves your green a lot as well, I grinded up .6 tonight and have had 3 little half packed bowls in my arizer and I feel higher then I have off any joint and I can still type a good paragraph about vaporizers :)

Happy New years in 45 hrs

8. #28 MacThatVape, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    I cannot argue with you here I still think of smoking here and there but I find now that I have been vaping I have saved a lot of money and for me personally that was what caused me to make the investment and it sure has paid off itself in the 3 months I have had it. I wish you could roll joints with .3 that would be pretty sick

9. [quote name="MacThatVape" post="19247218" timestamp="1388314448"]For that type of question I would have to again say its personal preference since the 2 are a different but "similar" kind of high, "same" referring to the red eye,munchies and if vaped at a higher temp can give you a couch lock like high. On the other hand they are deferent in high's for a couple of reasons; you have a clearer headed high(not as dysfunctional and disoriented), don't have a huge burn out as often depending again on your heat setting I find heat 3 is good for me on the Solo to give me that nice perfect high. Last the best thing between vaping and smoking is the most obvious reason ;Health. Also vaping conserves your green a lot as well, I grinded up .6 tonight and have had 3 little half packed bowls in my arizer and I feel higher then I have off any joint and I can still type a good paragraph about vaporizers :)Happy New years in 45 hrs[/quote]I have a feeling ill prefer the vape high from what you've said then! Need Monday to come quicker!And happy new year to you!

10. #30 BigDaddyVapor, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    I think I've combusted maybe 3 times, since I made the switch.

I can't stand anything about combustion. The smell, taste, experience and it always seemed to give me a hangover type feeling. Never looked back.

Edit: I take that back. I LOVED snapping bong loads. Load up a one hitter, slow-roast that @#$%er and *pop* down the stem. None of this vacuum cleaner crap I see people pull nowadays. Load your bowls smaller and let the entire thing burn, if you're going to burn it. But, snapping bowls... I miss. Its why I've always tried to recreate the experience with my vapes and why I own a Heat Island.

11. I bought a volcano vape in 2009, well it's 2014 and I've been back to smoking over vaping. Why?
    Well, firstly I agree that the flavor is better through the vape. Other than that, vaping makes my throat extremely irritated. More so than smoking anything. At one point I felt like I May had been developing cancer in my throat due to vaping. I had nodules develop in my trachea and a dry cough that was worse than a "tar" cough from smoking. My left sinus got so swollen that my septum deviated just to compensate and allow breathing.

I think metal vaporizers are bad, I think the microenviornment of your substances allows dust and other things to proliferate where as total combustion disintegrates some particles.

I have sold my volcano and haven't looked back, my smoking experience is at an ultimate high without a vaporizer. The vape really screwed up my throat and sinuses way worse than smoking, but I will concede that my lung capacity was better at the time. I think the key is to just get really high THC content cannabis so that you aren't over smoking the product. Just my opinion but I really don't like the vape after having owned and used one for several years.

12. #32 lwien, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    I think your problem was the Volcano, not necessarily all vaporizers.   Volcano's put out vapor that is VERY dry and can be irritating to throat and lung tissues.    I vaporize with my LSV through a bong filled with very warm water.   It totally moisturizes the vapor and produces such a smoooooth hit, that I am always surprised at how much I exhale because I hardly can feel anything entering my lungs at all.

You are not the first who has complained about throat and lung irritation while using the Volcano.

But there is no doubt, and there have been studies that have proven that vaporizing at reasonable temps (below 390F) lessens the amount of toxins that one would take in from combustion.

13. Suppose I'll have to reconsider things then. My lifestyle has changed since I had the volcano and can no longer partake in my home. I mostly go to my car for a quick rip now a days. I'm not sure if there's a vape for my current situation.

14. Actually if stealth is the issue, then a vape is the best option for you. I've walked thru Walmart vaping/shopping, with my MFLB.

15. Me too. I started vaping about a week ago and haven't even had the urge to smoke at all. Pretty sure if I did smoke, I would get blitzed.