This old Hippies Organic Garden.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by marvajuana, Dec 26, 2013.

1. [quote name="unplugged" post="19295949" timestamp="1389110837"]So you pour water into the perlite and let it wick into the pots? That seems like a pretty good idea. I'm using fabric pots. I may give this a try. :)I still have a lot to learn and am looking forward to my first harvest in mid to late February. I'm using In the Garden's organic soil mix and it's been fantastic.[/quote]That's it. grow bags are perfect for this. here's where I got my ideas from. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1151159-Noobwannb's-Self-Wicking-Smartpot-ghetto-setup#entry16660283Noobwannb's Self Wicking Smartpot ghetto setupMj marijuana is nature's way of saying high!

2. I was wondering why I hadn't gotten notifications about your pipe cleaner thread lol  I must have missed the last entry.  Everything looks great!

3. [quote name="Gandalf_the_Green" post="19297600" timestamp="1389127846"]I was wondering why I hadn't gotten notifications about your pipe cleaner thread lol I must have missed the last entry. Everything looks great![/quote]All good now. Glad you found it.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

4. #44 marvajuana, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    I have wanted to try radical defoilation for a while now.I got my chance last night, somehow a plant miss getting sprayed a couple of times I believe and I spotted a couple of mites on her. She is about three weeks into flower.I picked every leaf off that was over a half inch long 24 hours later and she is already showing growth.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

Attached Files:

5. The Bigbud is filling in fast. I did some radical super cropping on these. It didn't slow them down a bit.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

Attached Files:

6. I spotted some seeds on my orange skunk. I was starting to wonder if I was successful in my attempt at pollination.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

Attached Files:

7. #47 SoCal Nature Farmer, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    [quote name="marvajuana" post="19299319" timestamp="1389146621"]I have wanted to try radical defoilation for a while now.I got my chance last night, somehow a plant miss getting sprayed a couple of times I believe and I spotted a couple of mites on her. She is about three weeks into flower.I picked every leaf off that was over a half inch long 24 hours later and she is already showing growth.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high![/quote]Great thread man, definitely taking a seat! Ladies are looking LOVELY, I'm trying to get ahold of a nice Thai myself! I can't wait to start this next mixed soil run!I wasn't aware this was known as "Radical Defoliation" I do this to all my plants in Bloom, pretty much all the way thru. Takes a bit of practice to know exactly which leaves need to be taken. I was under the impression that the plant is producing these bud sites to attract and catch pollen to fertilize them and create seeds. Which will eventually fall to the ground and, in essence, continue the plants life. So this is the plants ultimate goal in my opinion. When removing the leaves, more air exchange between the bud sites makes it difficult for the plant to catch any pollen that may be traveling thru. To make up for this the plant wants to increase the overall size of the bud site to fill in the gap and catch as much pollen as possible. But that was just a theory, my plants will usually bounce back and be just as bushy as normal after about 3-4 days. Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

When you say super cropping, you're talking about pinching the stem until it crushes, and then it grows back with a strong bulge at that spot?  This is the HST technique I am most scared of..... you think it gives good results?

9. [quote name="Gandalf_the_Green" post="19301955" timestamp="1389194624"]When you say super cropping, you're talking about pinching the stem until it crushes, and then it grows back with a strong bulge at that spot? This is the HST technique I am most scared of..... you think it gives good results?[/quote]Gandolf. no need to be scared of it bro. I pinch,crush,twist and bend them down where I want them to be.It has given me good results in the past ie: buds above a nuckle are a little bigger.I know it works great for keeping my canopy even.mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

10. [quote name="pHarmerXxLEDxX" post="19301415" timestamp="1389181358"]Great thread man, definitely taking a seat! Ladies are looking LOVELY, I'm trying to get ahold of a nice Thai myself! I can't wait to start this next mixed soil run!I wasn't aware this was known as "Radical Defoliation" I do this to all my plants in Bloom, pretty much all the way thru. Takes a bit of practice to know exactly which leaves need to be taken. I was under the impression that the plant is producing these bud sites to attract and catch pollen to fertilize them and create seeds. Which will eventually fall to the ground and, in essence, continue the plants life. So this is the plants ultimate goal in my opinion. When removing the leaves, more air exchange between the bud sites makes it difficult for the plant to catch any pollen that may be traveling thru. To make up for this the plant wants to increase the overall size of the bud site to fill in the gap and catch as much pollen as possible. But that was just a theory, my plants will usually bounce back and be just as bushy as normal after about 3-4 days. Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]pharmer. I selectively remove leaves during the entire grow just not all at one time.I know that plants can handle it and recover, I'm interested in whether or not it affects the growth after that.mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

11. nice grow, man!

loving that Thai!! :hello:

Do you pick off the leaf right at it's base or part of the stem? Would it be good for me to pick off the large fan leaves that are blocking light to the lower bud sites? I've been wondering about techniques likes this to promote bud growth but have been hesitant to try anything since I'm totally new to this.

Also, I have one plant that's a good foot taller than the others. Do you think it would help if I pinched the stem at the height of the other plants and bent it down? It's the main stem with the largest buds on it and I'm nervous about damaging my crop. I didn't even know these things could be done during flowering.

13. Hi unplugged, I normally remove a few leaves during the last half of veg and for all but the last couple of weeks of flower.All the big fan leaves get removed but not all at once. Other than that I remove them to let light get to other leaves. This is done with training and in moderation.I pinch the petiol in half and let that piece fall off by itself.I see nothing wrong with supercropping in flower. If I can bend one over and keep the canopy even I do. Once you have the basics down, IMHO plant training will increase your yeild more than anything else.mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

14. Whats up Marv! Is it just me or did you seriously step up your game since your last journal???? The girls are looking good up in here man!

15. Hey D3, Thnx for stopping in.I dropped my first bean in the mid 70s. I had a few nice indoor grows in the early 80s. Thanks to Ed and Mel. I ran a 1k mh vert. Seeds from Holland.I was able to get back into it in the last two years. Needless to say that first crop after years not growing was a learning experience.I constantly read and try new ideas to try to up my game.My grow is total organic now in large part because of the great bunch of blades here.mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

16. [quote name="АugustWest" post="19302076" timestamp="1389197001"]nice grow, man!loving that Thai!! :hello:[/quote]Thanx bro.I wish. I could blaze some of it with ya.mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

17. #57 ssorrentinoo, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    Hey Marv, nice grow! Since pot was prohibited back in the 70's and 80's, I was wondering are you a MMJ user now, reverting back to old way's, or live in colorado?

18. #58 singerboy420, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    Nice grow, Marv. I definitely want to grow some pure sativa. I have been debating whether or not to order Thai seeds online, but found out there was a seed bank about 30 miles from me. They have a couple pure sativas. Going into town tomorrow to check them out. Will stick around to see how this plays out.

SB

19. [quote name="ssorrentinoo" post="19305658" timestamp="1389235061"]Hey Marv, nice grow! Since pot was prohibited back in the 70's and 80's, I was wondering are you a MMJ user now, reverting back to old way's, or live in colorado?[/quote]thank you bro. are you a cop?mj
    Thnx singer, got to have some sativa I like a good indy too thoughhmm I like all of it. Good luck on yer bean hunt.mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

20. Haha no! Anything but, I live in Canada and nothing I'm doing is legal unfortunately. It's a shame to hear the words illegal associated with such a beautifuly useful plant. Was just wondering if you're enjoying the newly structured laws for your own enjoyment? Wish I could!Sent from my SGH-I317M using Grasscity Forum mobile app