This old Hippies Organic Garden.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by marvajuana, Dec 26, 2013.

1. [quote name="skateee" post="19247590" timestamp="1388326799"]Have you topped or FIM'ed her?[/quote]Yes and yes many times.MjTwas Ever Thus!

2. Zappa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp6LT2MdaPI&feature=youtube_gdata_playerMj Twas Ever Thus!

3. Cabela loves the snow.MjTwas Ever Thus!

Attached Files:

4. hahaha nice man

5. took some cuts from flowering room today week 5. I love the monster crop.MjTwas Ever Thus!

6. [quote name="marvajuana" post="19265267" timestamp="1388621637"]took some cuts from flowering room today week 5. I love the monster crop.MjTwas Ever Thus![/quote]there's a pictureSent from my SCH-I110 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. transplanted the old school 98 into a5 gallon bucket. I had some Fox Farm ocean forest leftover, it had so many sticks and bark chips I decided to use it for mulch.MjSent from my SCH-I110 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. are there any benefits about taking cuttings in flower?

9. [quote name="skateee" post="19271511" timestamp="1388719768"]are there any benefits about taking cuttings in flower?[/quote]Hi skateee, The advantage of taking them during flower is the way they grow when they revert to verge. They grow a huge number of branches. It does take extra time over cuttings taking during veg but I feel like it's well worth it. They can take twice as long to root, then you have a couple of weeks to revert to veg. I and up with something like this.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

Attached Files:

10. [quote name="marvajuana" post="19272025" timestamp="1388725837"]Hi skateee, The advantage of taking them during flower is the way they grow when they revert to verge. They grow a huge number of branches. It does take extra time over cuttings taking during veg but I feel like it's well worth it. They can take twice as long to root, then you have a couple of weeks to revert to veg. I and up with something like this.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high![/quote]here's another revedge.marijuana is nature's way of saying high!

Attached Files:

11. wow! it does have a lot more branches, thanks for the pic!

12. Hey Marv sorry if this sounds like a silly question but you are referring to a clone that has been reverted back to veg from flower correct?

I had tried your method of cloning in flower and I must say that I did like the little bushes they make. Makes for a good little mother type. I don't think any made it to flower before the big chop :(

Peace :wave:

13. You old hippie, I haven't seen that much sativa since the early 70's. I also noticed you roll joints. I think that is the signature of all of us old hippies.

14. #34 marvajuana, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
    [quote name="HillbillyHoax" post="19276885" timestamp="1388805305"]Hey Marv sorry if this sounds like a silly question but you are referring to a clone that has been reverted back to veg from flower correct?I had tried your method of cloning in flower and I must say that I did like the little bushes they make. Makes for a good little mother type. I don't think any made it to flower before the big chop :(Peace :wave:[/quote]Hiya HBH, I like to take the cuts three to five weeks in flower.After they root they start throwing single blades and branch out like crazy. Makes it easy to train it into a hedge. I like the per plant yield I get from these girls.
    Zig Zag cut corners forever.I'm searching for that old Columbia Goldbud and Redbud type strains. The Thai Stick is the closest I've found.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

15. some random shots from the bud room.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

Attached Files:

16. #36 dlsmokes, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
    :smoke: y is officially on the porch yo! Glad I made my way...

So tell me..how did you set up your lights. My BLOOM BLOOM ROOM is 6x6, and a few people have told me to downsize it to 4x4 for better coverage. I dont really want them side by side though.

Any suggestions...oh I'm runing a 600, and a 1000 also.

:smoke: y

17. [quote name="dlsmokes" post="19291436" timestamp="1389037827"]:smoke: y is officially on the porch yo! Glad I made my way...So tell me..how did you set up your lights. My BLOOM BLOOM ROOM is 6x6, and a few people have told me to downsize it to 4x4 for better coverage. I dont really want them side by side though. Any suggestions...oh I'm runing a 600, and a 1000 also.:smoke: y[/quote]Hiya smokey, I'm glad you stopped by Bro. I went the other way. I was using about 4x6 with the 1k, with the 600 in there too it covers the whole 4x8.This is a top down view of how it is set up.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

Attached Files:

Your plants look amazing! I hope I can do so well. Are those fabric pots? What are they sitting on?

19. [quote name="unplugged" post="19291906" timestamp="1389044285"]Your plants look amazing! I hope I can do so well. Are those fabric pots? What are they sitting on?[/quote]Hi unplugged, Thank you very much. Those are just reusable shopping bags from dollar general.They hold 5 gals and work well, and only cost a dollar.Sitting in a cat litter box full of perlite. It waters from the bottom. You can easily do as well as I do. A basic organic soil mix is all that's needed. Quality compost and good quality fresh earthworm castings are the key. All the info you need is in the organic section.Mjmarijuana is nature's way of saying high!

So you pour water into the perlite and let it wick into the pots? That seems like a pretty good idea. I'm using fabric pots. I may give this a try. :)

I still have a lot to learn and am looking forward to my first harvest in mid to late February. I'm using In the Garden's organic soil mix and it's been fantastic.