Okay some people are saying that using a mh works fine for flowering and some say hps only and some say both?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 240ROLLER, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Okay I'm reading about lighting and see some very interesting things on all aspects of the mh/hps topic or both however I'm here for advice or do or donts I'm getting a light track and a tent and a lot of equipment on top of my 1000watt hps/mh light. I'm curious should I run 2 600watt lights and then keep one mh during flower or run a 400 and 600 watt and use the mh in the 400 watt during flower and then use the hps in the 600watt. I'm worried would too much blue cause a bad effect? I think in my head and how I see it that running 2 600s would be best and then using the one for mh or wait a totally different idea how about just running hps threw both what's preferred for flower folks?!.. WHAT IS BEST WEIGHT/QUALLITY WISE....

2. I use bothSent from my SPH-M840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Both.

I grew for years with just 1,000wMH and I still had big fat frosty sticky buds.

If you have HPS for both lights then use the HPS's for flower.

4. Okay well shoot you figure that running both would benifit? I decided to buy the 2 600 watts. I'm currently running a 1000 watt and I figure it would increase area with 2 lights on the track rather than 1 plus heat effecency of the 600 watts.

(2) 600 has another advantage in that you can run (2) 600w on a 15 amp 110v circuit, where as now way can I run my (2) 1000w on one circuit.

I'm now working on adding a 220 VAC sub panel with 10-3 wire and then making room for (4) 1,000W lights.

6. Okay that's awesome, yeah I'm already re wiring my stuff now to handle this. I'm also fabricating a few things to be a little high tech. Automated misting system and a couple other sweet ideas... I am correct though about it increasing area + with the light track a good set up.