Themoonkins 1800Watt Marijuana Medley (9 Strains):]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DankNaturally, Dec 25, 2013.

1. #1 DankNaturally, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
    Day 5- I'm starting off a 6 strain grow, there is a possibility of me adding a few more over the next week but I'm not sure. Ill be growing in soil under two air cooled 600 watt HID lights. I will obviously decide my technique for each strain accordingly making sure they all level out at the same height. Fox farm is what I'm running with nutrients wise. Ill be adding labeling to the plants soon but here are some pics of the babies and the not fully completed room. I will be adding another piece of poly to complete the room and adding a zipper so from that angle it would be blocked. Unless you unzip and walk in. In these pictures they are about one week from when the seeds radicle was exposed from germination. I feel like there is so much more to say and I don't want to over explain so if you have questions feel free to ask. Thanks

Oh yea there is more than meets the eye to this room if you notice the zipper in the back right, it goes to a large hidden room that I use for germination and rooting seedlings among other things. There is also another hidden little room that doesn't even have an entrance cut yet and zipper added. Will post pics when done of course. Just moved in.

Attached Files:

2. #2 DankNaturally, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    In case you wonder and don't see I am running 3-Sage n sour, 2- Skunk No. 1, 1- white widow, 1- Blue Hash, 1- Silver Kush, 1- Belladonna

3. I thought i would throw these in. Forgot them

Attached Files:

4. #4 DankNaturally, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    I have decided to and am currently starting the process of germinating x3 nebula x1 Girl Scout cookies x1 green crack.

Attached Files:

5. #5 DankNaturally, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
    Day -6 I included a pic or two of the Room the zipper door goes too. I keep the ballasts in there amongst other things and obviously it comes in handy for many purposes.

Attached Files:

6. Looking good, going to attempt my first small grow in the middle of next month , will definitely be keeping an eye on this too, good luck

7. Good luck to you too bud. Thankyou!

8. #8 DankNaturally, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
    I only dared to snap one pic because I do not like exposing my germinating seeds to the elements or even taking them off the heat mat. Hopefully you can at least mostly see them all. I did check and all 5 new seeds have started germinating. In my experience I have the most survivors when I allow the taproot to become 3x as long as the length of the seeds shell. Some at this point are maybe about 2x some just 1x. I'm sure I will transplant all of them in the evening today.

Attached Files:

9. #9 DankNaturally, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    Day 8-everything seems great. I have the new germinated seeds in jiffy pellets waiting to pop. I never use jiffy pellets I always use rapid rooters like i did with the seedlings. When I began the second round of germination I realized I didn't have any left. They do not sell them in my town and I know from my passed experiences there was no way in hell the seeds would take multiple days to germ ( which they didnt ). So I'm hoping for the best.

Attached Files:

10. #10 DankNaturally, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    The jiffy pellets are not favorite but seem to be working at least decently. I would NEVER use them again though.

11. Encountering something I have never seen before. Is this a mutation? If so I don't know if that means its not worth my time and should be culled? One side of the new leaves has formed and obviously the other supposed to be mirrored set is far behind. I spun the plant when I noticed and it has grown a bit on the stunt side but not much and only on part of it. Haha oh well let me know if anything I'm missing comes to mind.

12. Encountering something I have never seen before. Is this a mutation? If so I don't know if that means its not worth my time and should be culled? One side of the new leaves has formed and obviously the other supposed to be mirrored set is far behind. I spun the plant when I noticed and it has grown a bit on the stunt side but not much and only on part of it. Haha oh well let me know if anything I'm missing comes to mind.

Attached Files:

13. #13 DankNaturally, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    . Only two nebulas and the Girl Scout cookies popped. The green crack didn't germinate barely and died fast in the soil. A nebula wimped out also. I wasn't expecting much more,the jiffy pellets were a new experience though! This is only my second grow attempt so its nice knowing how they work now. In the picture I included If your wondering about the card board I am using it to stop the roots from getting direct light when they poke out of the pellets.

Ps I have seen a lot of complaints about bad germination rates from cali connection where the green crack was from. Also honestly anyone who uses these try rapid rooters. Not only do the trays that are made for them made to block light from roots but the seeds stand up SO MUCH FASTER and you literally can't drown them unless you put so much water that the water level rises to the bottom of the rapid rooters and it could then drown the roots. But the rooters will ONLY hold the optimal water to air ratio and no more so if you drown them you did some crazy stuff. I get almost %100 germination and sprouts on any healthy looking seeds with them. I have so many books and researched so much before even attempting this and I never saw jack about them so I'm happy I found them

Attached Files:

14. #14 DankNaturally, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    Unrelated post. Just wanted to post what I'm smoking. Blue Widow bud! It's very Tastey and stickey, I got some midnight kush with it also and there is a very similar bud except the smell is unbelievable.! I'm growing that shit sometime for sure.

Attached Files:

15. #15 DankNaturally, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
    Here is a little experiment. On the left I have been using an Apollo Horticulture MH 600w bulb, on the right an Aggromax 600w MH Bulb. There is a NOTICEABLE difference in growth. So much that I almost hope it is a coincidence because i feel like i cant go on watching them fall behind. :[ but look the whole right side is bigger better and healthier. There is no difference besides the bulbs. I would also like to add that both sides contain at least two strains in common from the same batch of seeds.

Attached Files:

16. Roots have began poking out of the bottom of the jiffy pellets for the newer plants.

17. I transplanted the three new plants into 5 gallon bags and put them with the rest of them. I'm done for the night hopefully they are ok, the jiffy pellets fall apart and I didn't want to leave the net on them.

18. Everything looks ok, I had to go to the hospital and they found a blood clot in my leg. Explains a lot of things but if you haven't had one it hurts pretty bad so its hard to get around the garden and take care of it and pictures but ill try.

19. #19 DankNaturally, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    Day 17- so far so good. I don't care much what happens so I just clipped the bad leaves of the tiny runt. Its obviously badly stunted and I just don't get what happened. It's the only one and it grew deformed so I'm just thinking its a bad seed or something. Who knows tho. I'm playing around with it just to see what happens but I'm sure I will cull it eventually.

Attached Files: