Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Took drug test last night with low temp, used synthetic pee, am I ok?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ston3d420, Dec 24, 2013.

1. I work in EMS, smoked 2 days ago for the first time in a month but I was involved in a low-speed collision in a hospital parking lot (I clipped a loading ramp on a wheel chair van since it was dark and I couldn't see the ramp), and I took a drug test last night that I'm nervous about (The patients, both in the back of my ambulance and in the back of the wheel chair van were unharmed, vitals were checked on them, found to be stable, and they politely declined to be transported to the ER, which was about 500 feet from where the incident took place).  I've been carrying a bladder pouch mixed with Synthetix 5.0 urine as well as QuickFix 5.7.1, and it registered as having normal chemical properties on a test strip I used 3 months ago, and last night after I took the test, and it was only 92 degrees.

This you may find interesting, I was to be left under the eyes of a supervisor for the duration of the time between the collision and the urinalysis, but the supervisor left to get fast food and left me with another supervisor who allowed me to go to the bathroom, only "semi-supervised" if you will; he was in the bathroom by the sinks while I was in the stall dropping a deuce and I managed to strap the bladder to my waist without arousing any suspicion.  Then the original supervisor came back to take me to the lab, but regardless, the bladder didn't heat up in time (only up to 88 degrees).  The collector said "this is weird, the urine is cold to the touch and barely registers on the cup" and I knew immediately what she was thinking.  She asked the supervisor if he was with me the whole time and he said he was, probably just to protect his own tail and not lose his job, and she shrugged her shoulders, said "hmm" and just poured it in the vials, capped the samples and had me sign the form.  I think I'm okay but I won't know until Friday.  I figure that the only way I'd be caught would be right then and there when she collected the low-temperature sample.  The chemical properties strip read normal at the temperature she collected it at after I went home so I should probably be fine, right?

I will never smoke weed as long as I work in EMS and will take this as my final blessing but I just wanted some feedback to see if anyone else had ever been in a spot like this before.  Feel free to judge me if you want to; I never smoked before a shift, just on weekends, and in some cases to help me sleep after I saw something particularly disturbing but I'd never do that prior to patient care.  I was just nervous as anyone would be in this type of situation.  Thank you all so much for all your anticipated responses, and I wish all of you a merry Christmas, and all the best as far as luck goes with all endeavors you may be engaged in.

2. Ur good. If she was going to reject it, it would be right there. She wouldnt have sent it off if she truly believed it was tampered with.sent from underneath my balls

3. As long as the temp reads on the strip the specimen is considered to be within range and as such is technicly a good sample. You should be ok. The lab tech doesnt even record the temp, they simply check a box to confirm you were within range.

OP, this guy is right. They don't write down the temp, they check a box for in-range or not. They would still send it in regardless. They won't see it's out of range and say, sorry bud, you failed, not gonna send this in, gonna dump it in the sink. They won't do that.

They will quietly check the "not in range" box and have you sign it just like normal and have you do the same stuff an in-range person would do. I honestly think you may be fucked. Sucks that we have to go through all this shit to smoke a harmless plant.

5. No reason to defend yourself for smoking OP. I'd rather have my towns EMS crews smoking on the weekend's then getting hammered or doing unmentionables. But yeah you should be fine manSent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. let us know what happened 

7. I have been to labs that do write the temp down immediately as the sample is received. However you should be good I think if it was sent in at all. The temp could have easy dropped that low while you were dropping a deuce. That be my story if it came up. Depending on lab used you were only 4-6 degrees out of range.