Anybody Aethiest?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by AleR, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Global warming is media induced panic. The title of the video states it's point.

2. there is no title. just says quick quiz. then starts. but I get it now...good example Ron

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #63 Mogwai, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    Very proper. You look like a gentleman of all sorts. You should PM me your Steam ID!

edit-

thanks for the "Thanks!"

edit 2 -

This is my most liked comment, I have no regrets! I feel like I'm on Myspace and Facebook!

edit 3 -

I'll try to upload my fedora collection tomorrow when I get home from my girlfriend's place. I appreciate all of your support.

4. I'm an atheist, i kinda feel like people over think the label. Like i just don't believe a single almighty god or whatever. So technically speaking a Buddhist would still be an atheist. As far as the afterlife goes that's anybody's guess so i just try to live my life one day at a time. I don't want to spend my whole life devoting it to a religion only to have wasted my fucking time, so i'd rather take the chance that god doesn't exist and try to live my life to the fullest. I'd rather just accept the fact that we are on this earth to fend for our selves, live our lives and die, instead of blaming everything on a fictional god that would let so many people suffer just to prove a point.

I don't understand how you could be real.... It just doesn't seem logical to me. 

6. I'm agnostic. Look it up.

7. I've come to the conclusion that I just don't give a damn about any of it anymore. Hell, heaven, god, no god, based on reality, based on delusions, who the heck knows, the only one constant in this whole silly equation is that were ALL gonna have to die. and then and only then you just may have your answer. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Right here.

Sent from my ST26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I consider myself agnostic. I think most religion has become misguided. ie: religions have become more interested in growth and self preservation instead of peaceful existence.

I think most of the magical stories from holy books are exaggerations or more likely not meant to be taken literally, but to convey an idea.

I detest people who violate the golden rule in the name of their personal religion over any other, or those who would cast doubt on accepted science because it is not compatible with their beliefs.

I try not to shit on others beliefs, but sometimes its the believers who make that difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I'm Atheist in the sense of religion. I don't believe in a God, Jesus, the Bible, Heaven, Hell... any of that. But I do believe there's more to the universe than we could possibly imagine. I'd like to think death isn't the end, but then I remember that I don't remember anything before I was born... I figure it'd just be like that. Science > religion any day.

Then again I'm English. A lot of us are Atheist, at least in my personal experience.

11. #71 TR4FF1C, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Me. But I do believe there is a God but not the one's we know. For all we know , we can be a lab test to some other higher being.

blaze it till the casket drops.

12. I used to be atheist but then I felt agnostic was a better term for my disbelief.
    Atheism is the belief that there are no gods.
    But I feel to be an atheist you must claim that there is no god.
    And I simply don't know if there is or isn't but just think that's it unlikely from my own subjective expierences.
    So I believe there are no gods, but don't make the statement that it's absolute that there are no gods.

Am I making any sense? Am I still really an atheist?
    Help?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

[​IMG]

Atheism is just a lack of belief, like how I don't believe bigfoot exists but I'm not like "I know for sure there's no such thing as bigfoot" :p 

14. Damn labels, there shouldn't even be a title for disbeliefs.
    It gives morons the opportunity to claim, "atheist? Like atheism? That's a religion too"
    Like shit, I don't say I'm Aclaus bc I don't believe in Santa Claus.

15. Thanks, seen that chart but overlooked it as bullshit bc I got mad thinking I'd have to explain shit when beliefs came up in a conversation.

16. But labels always help ppl group those with one similarity into a bunch they can ridicule.

17. My favorite definition of "atheist" is:  a person who doesn't pretend to know things he doesn't know with regard to the creation of the universe.

18. Good one, but to be fair if I'm not mistaken the literal meaning of atheist (a theos) is "no god" in Greek(?).

19. #79 WizardInBlack, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    I know this all boils down to someone's personal beliefs, but I don't really see the point of being agnostic. I used to think of myself as agnostic, but i don't really see the point in saying you believe in an anonymous god pretty much. Like just because you believe in the idea that there is some kind of god, it's not like you're gonna be saved just because you acknowledge an anonymous's god's existence. Or that's just the way i see it. I just think that the thought of being alone here on earth scares the shit out of people on like an instinctive level which = religion.

That being said, there is also a lot that can be learned from christianity or any religion for that matter. If you try to take some of the positive beliefs and ideas and integrate them into your everyday life, it can be helpful to anyone even atheists. I can understand people bashing churches and specific sects and such, but not a religion in its entirety. Even if your not a believer there are many valuable lessons to be learned from many different religions. It's also a moral guideline for some people that might be fucked up otherwise. Because without the moral guidance of a religion i'm sure there's a lot of people out there that would be worse off with out it, and atheists forget to think about this stuff. 

They'll just be like i hate religion! *bitch* *bitch* *bitch. Don't hate the religion hate the radical people that follow the religion and try to shove it down your throat. Which i guess is a lot though sooo...That's all i have to say about that lol.