2nd grow reveg and clone

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by The Letter 3, Dec 23, 2013.

1. #1 The Letter 3, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    My setup has changed significantly over the course of this grow.

Current setup:
    4 site r dwc in 5 gal buckets with a reservoir.
    2 400 watt hids
    Dehumidifier
    Tap water maintained at 5.8 pH with a digital pH pen.
    Temp range 70 to 85 with 35% humidity.

Old stuff:
    On a clone is it normal for it to grow only single blade leaves?

These seeds came from a buddy who picked them up along his travels. He can't remember the strain. Sigh. Lol.

I am not sure what she is but i used a 400 mh\\hps dwc setup.

2. Your plant is growing single blade leaflets because the clone was taken from a flowering plant and is now reversing.  The plant will gradually start to grow multi-bladed leaves after the reversal process is completed.  You must keep the day length at 18 hours or above to finish the reversal, then grow to the desired height for your grow space and flip to flowering cycle when ready.  If you flip too soon you will only grow single bladed leaves.  This whole process takes about 2 months.

PW

3. #3 The Letter 3, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    Well good news all around. It must be a good new year. Woke up this morning to mega new growth on my reveg and the clone is also throwing out regular leaves!

I'm assuming that I should take new clones before I put the ladies back to flower. The dumb question I have is this.

Would it make more sense to take from the revegetated plant or from the clone? Or does it not matter since they are both from the same stalk?

These were taken sunday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 The Letter 3, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    These are from today.Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Can I call them twins? I had a bit of yellowing in the clone but that seems to be resolved now.

6. #6 The Letter 3, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    Here's one of the ladies... Trying to get a few better photos. My question is would this be considered to small or early to flip this back to 12 12?

7. Switched the girls over to 12 12 today. I assume the screen I placed on top won't do much other than space it out and add support. Next run I'm planning on using the screen earlier and building a cabinet finally.I picked up a few smaller size net pots today and was wondering if its possible to put more than 1 clone of the same plant in each of the larger size net pots?

8. 5 days into 12 12 and both clone and reveg have started to show pistils.

9. Day 7... Reading from others I decids d to remove the majority of undergrowth on the reveg. Shes turned into one hell of a bush. Most of the internodes are also showing pistils.

10. Day 23 of 12 12

My space has changed so much I think I'm going to start a new thread / journal when this is done.

Still unsure of the strain.

11. #11 The Letter 3, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  12. Whoops added 2 of the same picture and I can't delete it...

Here is the revegetated plant View attachment 1371507

I've got another room setup for vegging

1 bag seed sour d in a 5 gal dwc setup. I've never topped before so I figured that this was as good a time as any. View attachment 1371509 View attachment 1371510

I've also got a bubble cloner setup that I'm struggling with but am getting help on another thread.
    View attachment 1371511 View attachment 1371512 View attachment 1371513

The single cut which looks dead to me I tried cloning in soil first. I figured it was dead so I gently removed it to look if anything happened. It was the only 1 out of 10 to root lol. So I gently rinsed it and stuck in the bubbler to see for sure.

13. #14 The Letter 3, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    I really need a ppm meter. Anyhow today for whatever reason I decided to flush the entire reservoir and clean house. I noticed some kind of film gathering on the filter of the pump.

It was kind of a pain to get almost all the water out but I did. First I cut a long length of tubing to reach the sink. Disconnected the line to the buckets from the pump and attached the disposal line. Turned that bad boy on and watched all the crap get sucked out.

I am nearing the end of week 4 of flower and added back approximately 10 gallons of "fresh" water with the following nutes.

MaxiBloom 12 tsp (1 to 2 tsp per gal)
    KoolBloom 1 tsp. (¼ tsp per gal)

I also grabbed a spare air pump and stone and am now bubbling the reservoir as well. I think this will help deter getting slimered.

The tricomes are now visible without the camera so for giggles I took a snip and played with the microscope. I also tried to use my phone for some photos but they didn't come out great. I've got lots of time to practice.

Also I've been playing around with the dehumidifier and seeing what it can do.

If I set it to 35% it brings the rh down to around 38% or so. If I set it to run continuously it can drop the rh inside the tent to about 15%

I've read that a lower rh can help increase resin production but I'm having issues coming up with any relevant searches on the forum.

14. #15 The Letter 3, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    Checked pH and was at 6.3.

Added 1 more tsp of KoolBloom, stirred and waited. PH read out to 6.1.

Ph'd down with 2 "full" pipettes to 5.7.

Will check again in a bit and add more bubbled water to bring pH up if needed.

As a side note I've had some minor pests to deal with. They look like fuzzy white tiny things. Anyhow I've been spraying them down with azamax every 3 days for about 2 weeks now. No signs of anything living in the tent.

It reminds me of an old fire ant pesticide where they say the best part of using their product is that everything dies.

15. 2 more items off the bucket list...

16. #17 The Letter 3, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    Day 34...

I think these are pretty... Sorry about the image size.

Tomorrow I will add more
    Water and raise the ppms back to 1100.

Bud pron!

17. #18 The Letter 3, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    The bagseed sour d appears to be doing well after topping but it may be experiencing some root rot.
    View attachment 1377170

Also just transplanted a clone into its new home.
    View attachment 1377172
    View attachment 1377171

PH for both buckets is 5.8 and I've got them right around 800 ppms using GH maxigro.

Edit: what I thought was the beginnings of root rot must have been settled hydroton dust. Changed out the bucket and the brown went away.huzzah

18. Thank you for the move.

19. #20 The Letter 3, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    End of week 5 down! We are past the point of no return!

Nutes n crap View attachment 1377826

I dumped all the liquid out of the bubble cloner, added clean water raised ppms to 800 and phd to 5.8. Also I removed the heater.
    View attachment 1377827

I took a pair a tin snips to the round reflectors that came with these lights. I hope it helps.

1st up bag seed sour d. I really hope this is a female. It's really stout View attachment 1377828

Clone in its own dwc bucket 3gal View attachment 1377829

Flower shots
    View attachment 1377830
    View attachment 1377831
    View attachment 1377832 View attachment 1377833