Lazaidus 2X4 SuperRoom Grows

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by lazaidus, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Laz i'm at day 22 flwr for cab 2 and  day 53 for cab 1..i ran the led in cab 2 for about 10 days and then took it dwn..i put the the 250w hps in it's place..it's getting more clear the diffference between the led and hid pwr..the 600w that was in the cab previously  was running at 50% so aprox 300w..the led was 270w output but actual draw around 150w-180w so much less push than the hid..now the tricky part..i know that both cabs are over watted if i go over 400w using hid..heat comes from the actual draw not the output in led..means that if i want to equal the push of a 250w hid i need at least a 400w led as it will run up around the actual watts the hps does 234w..a little less pwr but better coverage..because of low radiant heat you get closer than you can with the 600w at 50%..i figure to replace a 1000w hid you need to get that monster undo's got..1600w..it would draw about 1000-1100w..i figure i'm going to keep cab 1 as is with it's dimmable 600w ballast and run it at 50% for veg and 75% for flwr..i had it up to 100% for one cycle and the plnt hated it so 75% it is..i'll be getting two mars 11 400w units with a daisy link cord..i'll be able to do a unit in cab 2 and one in cloning/veg chmbr..or both in cab 2 with d cord for flwr with two screens or a wall to wall screen..cab 1 i did some trimming today to expose the bud..cab 2 i stretched the tallest branches out towards the perimeter..now i'll just let the colas form..drp the light a couple inches closer..i've been running r/o all wk ..gotta chng nutes this wknd on football morn..chrgers vs niners in their new stadium that has fucked up turf..could get ugly
    pwrd dwn to 75% of 600w 006.JPG pwrd dwn to 75% of 600w 007.JPG

2. You might have sumn with that Doc. Nice observation.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Trainwreck Day 70 flower:

The two smaller were cut a week ago. Very decent smoke and were ready at 54 days. This must be the pheno they advertise but the longer flowering two are the ones i look for. I cut down half of one of the last two a few days ago and it is drying. Smelling lovely and shit. Ill post nug shots later but the two smaller ones gave me 4.5 ounces. Im gonna have numbers for the other 2 in a few days to a week or so. I will say im loving the smoke though!!!!!

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. i almost wanna cry they look so good lol

5. Laz i'm at day 74 cab 1,day 43 cab 2, day 12 seedlings just went into dwc with soup today..they are from the seeds of the outdr cross of haz c and sks..the seeds definitely are viable and will go in cab 1 with co2 after the harvest..i have just about smoked my way through the harvest from sally alley..next i'll smoke the seeded stuff and harvest the seeds..they're worth their wt in moon rk to me..lol! shame i have to share it with gro ptnr..my two plnts over there i've been told are doing very well..my 4 clones going outside here in the sally alley are at 17'' they hit 20'' they get tp'd to sip's and out they go..harvest in dec for xmas
    led dwc-flushing 006.JPG led dwc-flushing 001.JPG led dwc-flushing 003.JPG day 71 012.JPG

6. Question regarding your first picture.
    you trimmed the fan leaves, you do it to open the plant so it can take in more light at the places were you want light right? or is it mainly done to stimulate more growth in the bud area's? and at what time of growth do you start trimming the leaves?
    thanks in advance.

7. Addi this is tricky..i left lots of leaf this time and cut many leaves in half..in veg i trim all the time to shape the canopy..leaf that's not going to get light..towards the end the plnt starts using whats stored in the leaves and they start yellowing..this is the stage i'm at..i trimmed that stuff this morn..so heres what it looks like now..trimmed with bud better exposed..these plnts were from seed and had to be sexed so i LST'd them..cab 2 is a clone so i could be displined from the start so very little leaf was trimmed as i formed the canopy..sometimes you get a strain that grows very little foliage so it's a judgement call whether to trim or not..Laz trims the hell outa his but he's learned exactly what works in his rig with the strains he wrks with regularly..starting to see amber tint in my trics
    day 13 seedlings 001.JPG day 13 seedlings 002.JPG amber 1.jpg amber 2.jpg

8. #448 addiyo, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Okey thanks, so its just basicly doing what works for you, nice tric's in these last two photos, looks like its just asking for it to be smoked :)
    Also i think its what laz does but he trimms everything off think at the close to end stage, leaving almost nothing but the buds, is that just to use the short time left and have the plant focus totaly on the buds? what your thought on that Doc?