Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If weed is stale and old, would it be sticky?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jvsdiojisio, Dec 20, 2013.

1. I think we've got some serious lingo barriers going on here. Skunky has always referred to the potency of smell for me. Indoor weed is generally more skunky than outdoors. I don't know what you mean by the smell of "skunk" in the air

2. Looks dope, I'd hit it  [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. There looks to be nothing wrong with your weed. Weed can have a wide variety of smells to it, both burnt and as is. If it doesnt taste like chemicals, I'd say go ahead. I wouldn't even think twice about that one, judging by the picture you posted. Looks nice.

4. So you're saying skunk isn't a certain type of smell but means more strong to you?

5. #25 420Stitches, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013

Wow, that's weird. I can't explain the actual smell of skunk, I think you have to live or drive more in a rural area to have smelled it I guess (I assume you're in a city? Or just a place where there aren't any skunks?) Around here sometimes when you're driving, or even walking, you can faintly smell the odor a skunk makes when it sprays something/someone. I'm in southeastern Wisconsin, if that helps. I assume OP knows what skunk smells like, because he described his weed as such.

There are almost, like... dialects when it comes to weed terminology. Certain terms are used only in certain places and either don't mean anything or mean something else in another place, skunky being a prime example. By me, skunky typically means it smells similar to a skunk's odor, while by Skunkybuds it apparently is only used to describe strong-smelling weed.

In any case, if it smells like skunk don't worry, and if it smells strongly of anything but harsh chemicals or other really unnatural/synthetic smells it's probably good weed. If it barely smells that's not a particularly good thing.

Also, by the looks of the picture and you saying it smells strongly of skunk, you've got good (Or at the very least decent) marijuana for the smoking :D

6. #26 Long White Cloud, Dec 20, 2013
    I figured out what the problem is, we don't have skunks in New Zealand

I can only assume skunk don't smell great for you guys, whereas, if I described a bud as skunky I would be meaning that it had a beautiful potent smell, but I see that my terminology is the one that has changed from the original lingo.

I've never smelled a skunk but I've never smelled a bud that actually smelled BAD

I can only assume you do not want your weed smelling like that

7. To me it doesn't smell like a bad skunky until it is burnt. So the burnt smoke of weed smells bad skunky, but is that normal when something is burned?

8. well, that explains the lingo barrier :p

Most of my buds have a skunky smell to them, but it varies from strain to strain and becomes more pronounced after curing. I had a pineapple express that smelled like candy when you open the bag, organically grown no chems. Faint skunk smell could be picked up at a distance, but if you stick your nose in the bag it smelled very sweet and fruity. High quality smoke, everybody loved it :smoke:

LMAO damn, that clears things up. Like I said it's not an exact skunk smell, it just smells similar to that, and it's not necessarily bad. I find it to be a smell most people either love or hate (Skunk-ish weed, that is), and it's different enough that the majority of people that don't like the smell of skunk can still like skunk-smelling weed. Generally weed that smells like skunk is fairly potent (Around here), so I can see why the terminology is like that.

I believe what you're describing is normal. Skunk-smelling weed (Again, I can only speak for my area) is either something you like or dislike, you probably just don't like that particular flavor/aroma of weed. You might also just not like the taste of smoke in general. Do you smoke tobacco or anything or is weed your first/only smokeable substance? 

In short, it's most likely one of the many smells or tastes of weed unless it smells of bad or harsh chemicals or some other very unnatural, unpleasant smell. In the event you just don't like that particular strain, don't worry as not many dealers can continue to get the same strain over and over again, and you will more than likely be trying something new the next time you go to your guy (If it's been long enough, that is).

10. #30 420Stitches, Dec 20, 2013

I think I would literally kill to try that right now lol, but yeah, a good amount of the weed over here smells like skunk to some extent as well.

11. It really comes down to preference, if your weed is potent but you hate the taste, then it's not the best. If your weed is potent and you like the taste, then it is. Do you like the buzz? Do you like the taste/smell?

You can smell top-quality pot in the burnt smoke, but the lack or presence of certain smells is no indication that it's not good either. I've never liked the skunkiness, but like I said, it's just a preference. Your weed can be top-quality no matter how strong or weak the skunk is.

12. Hey I just realised you're that fucking troll who always asks about inhaling the bong or milking the bong, time wasting little shit

13. I don't think so, maybe depending how it was stored, but usually if weed gets older it tends to dry out. If it was in a jar and didn't get any air it might be from moisture or something