Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If weed is stale and old, would it be sticky?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jvsdiojisio, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Why are you asking? Can i get some more info? Weed can't really be stale or old. It can be really dry and brittle though.

And yes really dry weed  can still be sticky. The trichomes are what is sticky.

2. So if it's all around sticky it's good though right? Not stale?

3. Lol. Like i said weed doesn't really get stale bro. Usually the older it is the better unless you didn't store it properly.

If your weed burns easily + is stick= decent weed.

If it won't burn well+ stick= it wasn't dried wet enough.

4. #5 Jingo Dookstain, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    I would think it would get dry as a motherfucker, assuming you're not packaging it correctly... because that's the only way it would get stale.

Edit: By dry, I mean the equivalent of the lips you see on the mugshots of serial killers.

5. Okay also off topic, but my weed looks decent/dank but the burnt smoke smells bad and it tastes bad. Can it still be good?

6. #7 TheCoolest420, Dec 20, 2013
    It smells bad how? Like chemicals? Different from other weed that you smoked?

Could mean that the grower didn't flush properly or that the weed was dried too quickly. Or it could simply be dirty weed. As long as it gets you high you're probably okay to smoke it. If it smells like really bad chemicals throw it out though. Could be wet

7. Smells like skunk. I heard that's good though?

8. Yea probably just means it hasn't been cured properly

The weed round here at the moment looks AND tastes like shit, at least yours looks good

That's typically a characteristic of weed.

10. Well I'd say decent..does it even look decent?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29mx7xi&s=5#.UrQFLRaxPlJ

11. And it smells like skunk, so that's good judging by your name?

12. It smells like a skunk? That's not good...

13. #14 Long White Cloud, Dec 20, 2013
    Yea looks like some all good shit, if it gives you a harsh feeling in your throat then it hasn't been cured properly

Just to clear things up it should not actually smell like a skunk

14. #15 jvsdiojisio, Dec 20, 2013
    But it has that skunk/skunky smell?

Of course not that terrible. Or not bad at all.

If not, what does skunk refer to than? And is skunk the same as skunky in your name?

15. All weed has a bit of a smell really but that's when you actually sniff the bud. In my mind skunky is buds with a smell that wafts out at you from its stash spot, that's what Id call skunky

Judging from his replies (No offense to OP) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you could confuse him by saying a harsh feeling is bad. He might think you mean the general burn/urge to cough/whatever anyone ought to get to some extent while smoking.

If it's a strong skunky smell, that's probably a good thing. If you read my post in your other thread asking about this very thing it'll explain why I say "probably."

In general, to my understanding (And through experience) if it's a really strong skunky smell that's awesome, but if it's weak it's probably... not awesome. It's more about the potency of the smell.

Also, many strains have unique smells to them. Diesel, some sort of chemical smell, and skunk are all examples of perfectly normal smells (Or tastes, for that matter) you might get from your weed. That's what makes it kind of difficult to sort out. Oh and when I say chemical I don't mean any chemical smell, there are plenty of chemical smells that are bad lol.

17. Weak as in not as strong right? My bad if I'm looking at every word, new to this and don't understand some stuff in some contexts

I actually wasn't aware skunky was also used to describe a potent smell, that helps clarify some things, but I still don't get why some people say a skunk-like smell is bad, or why I've heard "skunk weed" used like the word schwag. I've had plenty of good bud that smells like skunk, in fact (Yeah, this'll sound weird) I've grown to like that smell so much I almost am starting to like the actual smell of skunk haha (Not like up close and concentrated or anything like that, but when you just get a hint of it in the air or whatever, I don't know it reminds me of weed xD).

Sorry, keep getting ninja'd xD

Yeah, by weak I mean not much smell to it. Like you have to try to smell it (The harder it is to smell the weaker-smelling it is).

Don't worry about asking questions, stoner terminology can be a bitch depending on who you hang out with and where you are, I mean my cousin is only a state away and where he is the word "dank" is douchy and sounds lame. 

One thing's for sure though, you should probably avoid calling weed "pot" or "dope." The former is just frowned upon (I can't explain it, but as I go on smoking it seems like more and more of a... dirty (?) term for weed, like calling a woman a bitch lol. The latter makes you sound like you are 80 years old and/or grew up watching reefer madness.