Juggernauts Blueberry Bonanza

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by PTjuggernaut, Dec 19, 2013.

1. So I decided to make me a batch of cookies. Got a really good body high goin on right now. Anxiety is gone too, which is awesome. I should supercharge this recipe more often :) . Happy New year everybody.

2. Happy New Year!

Eatables are the bomb.   :eek: 

3. Did you mix the weed into the cookie dough?

Or did you make some butter?

We do both at our house, even some hash too. Cookies can be made to be very potent.

5. [quote name="sitnspin420" post="19262184" timestamp="1388561153"]Did you mix the weed into the cookie dough?Or did you make some butter?[/quote]I'm still using the butter I made a few months ago. I did the no bakes again and they came out excellent.

6. Butter Mmmmmm!

I was going to suggest de-carbing, if you just add weed to the mix.

It turbo charges the cookies...

http://youtu.be/DdwuxoSHsSo

7. Just a quick update. Not pic worthy yet.The girls are picking up some steam. I decided to up my lights to 475 watt and they are responding very well. The one girl that got hit the hardest with the overwatering looks like she finally gave up working on the retarded leafset she had and started a new one. It looks healthy too, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.No slime since I bleached everything and sealed up them light leaks. I'm still running straight nute and peroxide. Decided to toss the aquashield due to it probably being over a year old. That stuff has a shelf life. Still no roots coming out the pot, but that's ok. I don't mind top feeding them. I just want them to get healthy.

8. Good to see your getting back on track.  Lucas FTW

[​IMG]

9. #49 PTjuggernaut, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    I picked up some goodies today. Flora micro, bloom, and bushmasters microbe tea.Had some pythium creep up on me so I did a rez change and called it a day.My one girl that was growing all jacked up hasn't improved. So I made an executive decision to toss her. I mean, jacked up and bleached new growth isn't becoming of a healthy sprout right?

10. I have very good authority to believe that my roots excellurator has become inactive. Idk how long its shelf life is supposed to be, but it definately wasn't working like it should. The few times I've gotten slimed are the same times I added it to my system. I did a full blown bleach wash this time. I mean straight overhaul style. Took everything apart like it just came in the mail. Shit, I even took my water pump apart so I could clean the manifold. There were some ickies in there for sure.Peroxide AND bleach washed my hydroton too. No more funk smell that's for sure. I feel confident that I shouldny be getting slimed any time soon. Just in case, I added a microbe tea along with my nutes. There's at least 20 types of beneficial bacteria in it. Plus I know for a fact the bottle has a good solid year of shelf life. Gotta love those manufacturers who print a date on the bottle.

11. Yo! Where the fuck have I been? :confused_2:

I was the first to comment, but never subbed! Haha :laughing:

I think you figured it out though homie. Brother Sit is right on the money with what he is sayin. Use that Micro and Bloom at the 0-8-16 and never look back. My advise would be to drop all the other nutes and additives til you get a good feel for the nutes and how the plants react. You can always add additives as you go further on, but I think its important to start with the formula and go from there. I swear you will not believe what you can grow with such a simple mix.

I apologize if I have asked you before.. but what kinda water do you use? Water source can have a big effect on what else you need to add along the way.  :smoke:

12. [quote name="Ironhead" post="19288281" timestamp="1388980830"]Yo! Where the fuck have I been? :confused_2:I was the first to comment, but never subbed! Haha :laughing:I think you figured it out though homie. Brother Sit is right on the money with what he is sayin. Use that Micro and Bloom at the 0-8-16 and never look back. My advise would be to drop all the other nutes and additives til you get a good feel for the nutes and how the plants react. You can always add additives as you go further on, but I think its important to start with the formula and go from there. I swear you will not believe what you can grow with such a simple mix.I apologize if I have asked you before.. but what kinda water do you use? Water source can have a big effect on what else you need to add along the way. :smoke:[/quote]You're probably right about just using straight nutes. I'm just a little paranoid with all that has happened in the last few weeks. So if I don't see any problems, I just might do nute & peroxide after my next rez swap. I'm eager to get this gal going. She's showing deficiencies, but I know better than to think its because of inadequate nutrients. She wasn't liking the water at all. As soon as her roots hit the hydroton they stopped cold. So yeah, she's cannibalizing herself. But roots are looking like they should. I use r/o water from the grocery store dispensers. $3 for 10 gal isn't too bad I think. Plus they're maintained pretty well so I don't have to worry about old filters and what not. I added just a smidge of cal/mag to counteract what came out during filtration.

13. #53 Ironhead, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    Have ya checked the ppm of your tap water? I would say if it's lower than 200 to go ahead and use it.. No sense in paying extra money for water or extra money for cal/mag if you got good water anyways.

If your tap is usable.. Just bubble it for 24 hours and it's good to go.

14. [quote name="Ironhead" post="19290090" timestamp="1389018960"]Have ya checked the ph of your tap water? I would say if it's lower than 200 to go ahead and use it.. No sense in paying extra money for water or extra money for cal/mag if you got good water anyways. If your tap is usable.. Just bubble it for 24 hours and it's good to go.[/quote]My tap is usable, I just don't use it. Something about chloramites or something like that, left in the water that don't bubble out kinda took my interest off using tap.

15. Ya I have chloramine in my water too.. Doesn't seem to have affected anything as of yet.. If anything, they look remarkably better since I switched and I don't have to add back anything.

I'm a happy dude. :D

16. [quote name="Ironhead" post="19290796" timestamp="1389029409"]Ya I have chloramine in my water too.. Doesn't seem to have affected anything as of yet.. If anything, they look remarkably better since I switched and I don't have to add back anything. I'm a happy dude. :D[/quote]Fuck it. I'll give it a try. I have a spare air pump so I can actually bubble it. Just thought you should know, I'm most likely going to drop all organics from my regiment. By far not as bad as yesterday, but I see little things here and there in my system. So I gave it a shot of peroxide to kill everything before some shit goes down. My water was chilly as hell, as in under 66, ambient temp 72-73 degrees, light tight, 35 watt airpump for 7 gal of water. I'm over it. I'll just ad h2o2 every few days.

17. [quote name="PTjuggernaut" post="19262229" timestamp="1388561891"]I'm still using the butter I made a few months ago. I did the no bakes again and they came out excellent.[/quote]The no bakes kick ass huh? I told u... Least amount of weed taste in any edibles I make.. Pumpkin bars are good too tho.. Hashmouf has a great recipe for butter, and ISO but that's all I like of his... Somehow I keep getting unsubscribed.. Fuckin hate that.. Anyway, I have heard the dj short blueberry is knockout too...

18. One last thing, the plant will process the chloramine or whatever the fuck it is without problem.. A tiny amount of chlorine is actually beneficial, and most nutrients have trace amounts if chlorine... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389174803.619355.jpg

19. Chlorine (Cl): Required for photosynthesis where it acts as an enzyme activator during the production of oxygen from water. Additional functions are suggested by effects of deficiency on roots.Deficiency: Plants require relatively high chlorine concentration in their tissues. Chlorine is very abundant in soils, and reaches high concentrations in saline areas, but it can be deficient in highly leached inland areas. The most common symptoms of chlorine deficiency are chlorosis and wilting of the young leaves. The chlorosis occurs on smooth flat depressions in the interveinal area of the leaf blade. In more advanced cases there often appears a characteristic bronzing on the upper side of the mature leaves. Plants are generally tolerant of chloride, but some species such as avocados, stone fruits, and grapevines are sensitive to chlorine and can show toxicity even at low chloride concentrations in the soil. Roots become stunted and thickened near tips. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389175173.057255.jpg

20. [quote name="hypercardriac" post="19301281" timestamp="1389175175"]Chlorine (Cl): Required for photosynthesis where it acts as an enzyme activator during the production of oxygen from water. Additional functions are suggested by effects of deficiency on roots.Deficiency: Plants require relatively high chlorine concentration in their tissues. Chlorine is very abundant in soils, and reaches high concentrations in saline areas, but it can be deficient in highly leached inland areas. The most common symptoms of chlorine deficiency are chlorosis and wilting of the young leaves. The chlorosis occurs on smooth flat depressions in the interveinal area of the leaf blade. In more advanced cases there often appears a characteristic bronzing on the upper side of the mature leaves. Plants are generally tolerant of chloride, but some species such as avocados, stone fruits, and grapevines are sensitive to chlorine and can show toxicity even at low chloride concentrations in the soil. Roots become stunted and thickened near tips.[​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389175173.057255.jpg[/quote]Today must be my lucky day. That is a fascinating read. I wonder why it is that chlorine gets a bad rap. I didn't know it was beneficial. Thought it was the opposite. Thank you.