Juggernauts Blueberry Bonanza

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by PTjuggernaut, Dec 19, 2013.

It a 600 right? If so, I would keep it where its at.. any closer and you will light burn them. I might be able to see a wee bit now? Might just be the HPS glare.

No need to really worry about light penetration with a scrog.. you gonna start cleaning out everything under the screen after the stretch is over, so there won't be anything to penetrate to! :D

2. Yeah its a 600. I know what you mean man. That hps glare is some shit lol.

3. So I solved the mystery of the clones. One wasn't even rooted and the other had roots. Dipped em in some grow gel and packed them again.

4. Did the one without roots have a root bump?

5. No bump, no nothin. Makes sense why it looked like it was dying. I got nuthin but time. They might turn around lol

6. #466 SitnSpin, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    If you have room to, recut the 45 on the one with no roots.

edit:  I mean if you have an extra node

7. Day 9:
    1397759035600.jpg

I realized my light wasn't exactly centered so that's probably why its lacking in the back a lil bit.

Anywho, there's so many crowns in here its like a royalty convention lol.
    Sensi is putting off a very nice smell. Kinda fruity! I never grew fruity buds before so this should be a treat. I hope it intensifies :). Can I start clearing the underbrush now?

8. Fuck that screen looks tight.

9. I wouldn't start taking stuff til after day 14. They look good.. No more severe training, but you just need to make sure the canopy is as even as it can get, it will pay off big time.

Looks killa brotha.. You gonna have a boatload of ganja here in a few short weeks. :smoke:

10. He's right!  The leveler the canopy, the more the buds will remain the same size.

This will make them all the terminal bud.  ie:  the largest bud

This is fucking so cool!  Congratulations Naut!

11. Bro you have no idea lol. Every few days I have to remove a few choice leaves to let the light hit certain bud spots. It's fucking nuts in here man!

12. Alright man. I'll see if I can move some things around. Which is funny cuz I hardly have any space lol.

I'm seeing more purple than I'd like in the leaf stems man. I've been hitting her with 5ml of ca/mg per every watering. Should I go higher than 5 or can I bust out the Epsom?

13. Can we get a pic of it? Some stems just streak purple.. 

Would be cool to see a lights off shot of the plants too.. Thats a good way to see if anything is goin on to be concerned with. 

14. I can do that. Lights off at 10 tonight.
    There's some streaking on the bigger stems, but solid purple closest to the leaves.

15. Ya dude those are gonna be purple.. When I say to remove the fan leaves with purple/red stems I'm talking about those ones. I think they go purple/red when they mature, while the newer leaf stems start off green. Nothing to worry about.

The purple streaking that's associated with Magnesium deficiency would be really noticeable on the main stem of the plants early on and it spreads to the shoots if not corrected.

If it helps, I also have some purple streaking on the stems of the plant in soil and it's sister in coco has the same markings, so it's not really anything the formula can correct if its mild.

16. I took some lights off pics but forgot to post em, oops lol.

1397919134503.jpg

1397919155372.jpg

I've been cal/ mg in the shit out of Dan to get her to darken a bit...... Could be the light though. Meh

17. Yes it could be the light if it's too low. You could prolly benefit by raising it a few inches.. No fun having light burnt colas.0

How much cal/mag have you been giving Dan per gallon?

18. Good point. My footprint is super fucking wide now, so I shoulda moved the light up sooner. Oh well

I've been hitting her with 5ml everyday. Seeing more dead leaves than I would like under the canopy though.

19. Remember that not much is gonna live below the screen.. So that's why you start to defoliate.. Go ahead and take the dead stuff out and any leaves over 50% yellow.

When you do start to clear it all out, after day 14 or so, go at it slow. I like to slowly take some here and there til all the stems are bare under the screen by day 35. If you take too much you could stress the plants out, so nice and easy is key.

Also feel free to adjust the cal/mag up and down sometimes.. Do you like to eat the same thing all the time? Neither do the plants.

You can use the cal/mag to adjust the ph.. The more you add the lower it goes, so some days I'll add 1 ml per gallon and somedays up to 4. The more you let it drift around, the wider range if ph the plant gets which allows it to uptake mainly calcium(lower ph 5.8-6.0) and magnesium (6.0-6.2) more efficiently.

Don't be afraid to adjust the cal/mag levels, but I wouldn't recommend changing the formula for micro and bloom. :)

20. Ya know, I completely forgot about ph drift. I bet that's the ticket. When I feed em tonight, ill ph to 5.8-5.9 and see where that goes.

I've been snippin chutes underneath that I know won't turn into anything. Along with removing some fan leaves.

I just got done with a round of defoliating and it barely made a dent lol. But I'm pleased to say that all of Dan is pretty much level( give or take 2-3 inches in some spots). As long as I keep sensis big as fan leaves in check, I think they'll grow well together. Sensi will just be taller lol